Who says Chan gets fired tomorrow?

billsfan_34

Well I remember him being caught off-guard and disappointed when Gailey was hired cause he thought he would get the job after the Vikings were done. Most of what I just googled seems to support that, including the article that I posted. Not that it matters though, my original point was that Fewell couldn't be considered a token Rooney Rule interview since they did interview both him and Frazier.

It's all good. In Buddy we trust.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No point firing Chan now. At this point we need to lose out. Wait till after the Jets game.

Today had to be an even bigger embarrassment to Buddy Nix. TJ Graham had a horrible game, while two QBs Nix could have drafted in the 3rd, Wilson and Cousins, had great days. This team is no closer to turning the corner than when he arrived. If Ralph still has his wits about him at 94 both Nix and Gailey will be gone.

PTR

No point firing Chan now. At this point we need to lose out. Wait till after the Jets game.

Today had to be an even bigger embarrassment to Buddy Nix. TJ Graham had a horrible game, while two QBs Nix could have drafted in the 3rd, Wilson and Cousins, had great days. This team is no closer to turning the corner than when he arrived. If Ralph still has his wits about him at 94 both Nix and Gailey will be gone.

PTR

I hope your right

Mr Wilson will have his year end review with Nix and Gailey. At that time, they will be told whether they will continue. I remember when Chuck Knox came back from Detroit, and announced he would not be back. Anyhow, that is the alleged SOP. So, first or second week in January will tell the tale. A top five pick would not be bad news. However, I hate to loose to the phins and Jets, especially. So, I will be pulling for our team, however bad they may be. I lived through the 2-14 years that got us OJ, so I guess I can live through this.

No you didn't, but it's an honest mistake - all of the futility runs together after a while...

They played 14 games per season back then. In '67 they won four, in '68 they won one and tied one, which was bad enough for them to earn the first overall pick in the '69 draft (OJ).

The consecutive 2-14 seasons were '84 and '85.

I don’t think there’s any chance Chan gets fired before the season is over because you’d be firing both the HC and OC. I’m worried that he may even be back next season even though he’s made way too many mistakes over the past 3 seasons to deserve another chance. We need a HC with some fire that will oversee both the offense and the defense and instill some toughness in this team. Oh, and someone who can make a halftime adjustment would be nice too.

That would have all the earmarks of an emotional, reactionary decision. What's the upside? Hoping to win the last two by castrating your coach then going out on the coaching market telling all the candidates how classy your org is? Ain't gonna happen.

This is the important point to remember. Embarrassing Chan doesn't help us get a better coach to replace him.

Buddy will wait until the season is over.

I give Gailey about a 40% chance of being back.

A more interesting question - what to do with Wannstadt. As bad as Gailey has looked on game-day, etc., the defense has looked worse. Do they blame the coaching for that on OBD?

Edited by BobChalmers

Mr Wilson will have his year end review with Nix and Gailey. At that time, they will be told whether they will continue. I remember when Chuck Knox came back from Detroit, and announced he would not be back. Anyhow, that is the alleged SOP. So, first or second week in January will tell the tale. A top five pick would not be bad news. However, I hate to loose to the phins and Jets, especially. So, I will be pulling for our team, however bad they may be. I lived through the 2-14 years that got us OJ, so I guess I can live through this.

The season that got them OJ was 1968. It was a fourteen game season and the Bills record was 1-12-1.

I actually think this is what will happen. I don't see anything happening as Ralph has to be pretty much checked out by now. He said, "Buddy, this thing is yours.. go build it as best you can within the salary cap and see you in the next lfe

I don't doubt that Nix is still here next year - but the question was about Gailey. What makes you think Nix isn't giving up on Chan now too? Just because they both have southern accents doesn't mean they are joined at the hip.

I don't understand why this keeps being discussed. Buddy Nix has already said on record that Gailey's job is SAFE.

Good point but I doubt either of them saw this complete a collapse coming. Nix is allowed to change his mind based on events.

I also think those comments came before Gailey started really going nuts on not calling Spiller's number. That's been a national embarrassment I can't believe Nix is unaware of.

Edited by BobChalmers

Even if the decision is made we don't have another guy to take his place tomorrow. He will finish the season almost no matter what.

That's a great point. Let's say he keeps the job but suddenly becomes too ill to coach. Maybe pulls a Hillary Clinton and can only "work from home." Who steps up? Certainly not our DC! I would love to see Chan gone BUT do we even have anyone who could be an interim or future fix?

I don't doubt that Nix is still here next year - but the question was about Gailey. What makes you think Nix isn't giving up on Chan now too? Just because they both have southern accents doesn't mean they are joined at the hip.

Good point but I doubt either of them saw this complete a collapse coming. Nix is allowed to change his mind based on events.

I also think those comments came before Gailey started really going nuts on not calling Spiller's number. That's been a national embarrassment I can't believe Nix is unaware of.

Very true. Good point.