Name the moment Chan lost the team

jumbalaya

Looking back there are many moments when Chan quit or screwed this team. But in my mind, the first deliberate move was the day we cut Moorman. That was the day Chan first quit on this team and the team never recovered. Maybe it was earlier when we first cut Merriman or not playing a productive Spiller, but the Merriman cut is explainable, and we did have Freddy in front of CJ. But cutting a proven vet and team leader for an untested, inconsistent rookie never made any sense.

Looking back there are many moments when Chan quit or screwed this team. But in my mind, the first deliberate move was the day we cut Moorman. That was the day Chan first quit on this team and the team never recovered. Maybe it was earlier when we first cut Merriman or not playing a productive Spiller, but the Merriman cut is explainable, and we did have Freddy in front of CJ. But cutting a proven vet and team leader for an untested, inconsistent rookie never made any sense.

Cutting Moorman seemed like a revenge move. Gailey is brainless, Nix is worse.

Titans loss was the beginning of the end. Poor play calling, not inspiring.

Add to that a string of close losses. Add to that not using CJ Spiller effectively. Add to that too much emphasis on Fitz as a Brady-esque pocket passer.

The players aren't stupid. They know when bad play calling is hurting the team. The Titans game was like deja vu from last season. Poor game management, losing winnable games.

I said that to my dad when he cut moorman, this is what will lose the team.

Half the posts in here are about GM related moves. Sober up and try again.

I will say when he benched Stevie last year with a chance to go 2-0 against NE and instead they took a firm prison style cornhole pounding for 30 minutes and lost a demoralizing game.

The consistent mismanagement of this teams offense this year. Passing to much, not running enough. when stevie talked about fitz calling the plays is when this team was lost. We would have won at least 9 games this year with 45 runs a game and the whole team knows it.

gailey should have realized the strength of our team and used it to hide our weaknesses fitz our defense. keep the D off the field and the ball out of fitzs hands instead gailey thinks he has to run a "balanced" and win the "match up battles."

gaileys personnel decisions have been so frustrating.

-he lost the team when he lost most of the fan base.