How about Barkley and Robert Woods

95altima12

I was just going through some mocks and I was thinking if we win a few more games and pick in the 13-20 rounds maybe we can draft Woods first and move back up... if needed and get Barkley. Fitz will be starting most likly next year regarless and can let Barkley take him time with the shoulder sit behind Fitz for a year or so.

Thoughts...

I don;t know anything about Woods, but I would absolutely love the Bills to get a player like AJ Green. Is Woods that same style receiver?

That is what Buddy said we need and is looking for... Looks like one of those WR to me from his highlights. Granted it's just youtube vid but he seems like one of those guys that you throw the ball up and he gets it where Stevie is more of a great rount runner and gets open.

I don;t know anything about Woods, but I would absolutely love the Bills to get a player like AJ Green. Is Woods that same style receiver?

Woods is no where near Green....much shorter and lighter. I don't think there is a WR like Green in this class.....maybe Keenan Allen from Cal is the closest.

Woods is no where near Green....much shorter and lighter. I don't think there is a WR like Green in this class.....maybe Keenan Allen from Cal is the closest.

I dont know much about college football never watch until draft time but he is only 2in smaller adn 20 pounds lighter... Looks like he has a better vertical as well.

I like Terrence Williams as a receiver...His receiving average was 22.1 ypc and thereabouts for most of the year. He's Draft Scout's #1WR, and IMHO was the most dominant WR in college football this year. He had at least 130 rec yds in every game but one, and he broke all of Kendall Wright's receiving records. Some amazing catches and some impressive moves.

I think our draft pick is on this list. Some not on here are already going to be gone (Te'O) and some I don't like (Warmack, Okafor, Damontre Moore).

Johnathan Hankins (Jr.,declared)

Johnthan Banks

Lane Johnson

Taylor Lewan

Matt Barkley

Sam Montgomery

Tyler Wilson

Jonathan Jenkins

Terrance Williams

Jake Matthews (Jr., hasn't declared yet)

C.J. Mosley (Jr.,hasn't declared yet)

Keenan Allen (Jr., declared)

Barrett Jones

Barkely is not the answer. He is mediocre in the PAC 12 where defense is optional. He has the best WR combo in the nation. His only excuse for not doing well this year is a bad offensive line.

As above I would rather try to rehab Mark Sanchez than waste a first round pick on Barkely. Then again, if he falls to the second round he would be worth the risk. I don't think that will happen though as QB's values are overinflated at someone will take him in the mid to late first round. Maybe Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Edited by Dadonkadonk

I was just going through some mocks and I was thinking if we win a few more games and pick in the 13-20 rounds maybe we can draft Woods first and move back up... if needed and get Barkley. Fitz will be starting most likly next year regarless and can let Barkley take him time with the shoulder sit behind Fitz for a year or so.

Thoughts...

No thanks,

would love Lee though but he's not coming out.

Matt Barkley does not look very good in those videos

That's bc he's not

Many of his passes are high I agree... Would kill a few WR at pro level. I also like Landry Jones though.

Now you're talking

Out of curiosity what don't you all like about Barkley in this video? This is a genuine question, I don't have a dog in the race for the draft. His deep throws seem particularly accurate, and the fade's he throws seem right on the money. Those are two things we severely lack. I was most impressed by that touchdown throw where he rolled to his right and while running tossed it 40 or so in the air right into the receiver's breadbasket.

snapback.png95altima12, on 14 December 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Many of his passes are high I agree... Would kill a few WR at pro level. I also like Landry Jones though.

Now you're talking

1. QB Landry Jones 6'4" 235 Oklahoma 2. DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'5 275 BYU 3. CB Bennett Jackson 6'0" 190 4. WR Cobi Hamilton 6'3" 209 5. OLB Jelani Jenkins 6'0" 230 Florida 6. RB Zach Line 6'0" 230 SMU 7. TE Zach Sudfeld Nevada; NFL Free Agents : WR Dwayne Bowe 6'2 222 KC, RT Jake Long 6'7" 320 Mia ; UDFA: DT Mike Atkinson 6'0" 315 Boise St. , FS Ray-Ray Armstrong 6'4" 215 Faulkner U, TE Nick Kasa 6'6" 260 Colorado

Head Coach - Bruce Arianst

I knew Barbarian would be all over that idea! Me, I would prefer Gino Smith, but I'd be OK with L. Jones

I live in L.A.

In L.A., the pro football team is USC. Its all they talk about on the radio.

But for Barkley, its like they have a hard time finding something good to say about him. I was listening a few days ago to a sportstalk show with 3 local hosts. They were having a contest to see who to compare Barkley to. "weak to average arm." "Game manager at best."

-One said "I see him as a Carson Palmer type." The other two said "really?????" at the same time. As in "that good?"

-The other said "ceiling, I see him as Sanchez. Floor, I see him as Blaine Gabbert. No pocket awareness. In the big-boy league, you wont have the best OL in football, to lock onto Marquise Lee until he's open."

-The third said "I see him as Jimmy Clausen. Good in college but doesnt have the "it" factor to translate to the pros. Weak arm, locks onto receivers, doesnt go through progressions."

And these are the local jocks who love USC and try their best to be positive. But they were having a giggle-fest.

Other shows are the same. They work hard to find something good to say about Barkley's pro prospects. I havent watched many games, but . . . ugh.

Edited by maddenboy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.