Does Nix have any clue what he is doing? going after QB

Bronc24

http://profootballta...de-up-for-a-qb/

I don't mind getting a QB, as everyone knows, but does this bumpkin have any clue? In this day of 24/7 access, publicly contradicting yourself twice gives the impression that you and the organization are nothing but a bunch of morons.

Nice call Buddy. You're a year late, dumb a$$.

Edited by Marauder24

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

There. I feel better now. Now we are officially one of the worst organizations in the league, one that officially made our selection of a QB known to the world instead of providing a shred of mystery.

I don't think this is a trick... this is desperation, plain and simple. In April, when another GM picks up the phone, they will AUTOMATICALLY know they can stick it to us to trade up.

This guy makes me laugh.

Edited by BmoreBills

To answer your question: Yes, Buddah knows exactly what he is doing. He's pulling the old "rope a dope" and telling the other teams he may have to trade up which, in turn, will get the Jets, Cards, Raiders and other mid tier teams talking about their respective moves for QB's in the draft. After he gauges what those moves will be, he will solidify his ability to draft Manti Te'o in Round 1.

To answer your question: Yes, Buddah knows exactly what he is doing. He's pulling the old "rope a dope" and telling the other teams he may have to trade up which, in turn, will get the Jets, Cards, Raiders and other mid tier teams talking about their respective moves for QB's in the draft. After he gauges what those moves will be, he will solidify his ability to draft Manti Te'o in Round 1.

Te'o will not be available when we are selecting unless we lose out, mark my words... we couldn't get that lucky.

Edited by BmoreBills

A day late and a dollar short. In 2012 when there may be 5 or more quality QBs emerge, he drafts no one. In 2011 he passes on a number of the QBs like Dalton. He sttle of the weakest of armed QBs in Fitz after stating he is going to target a strong armed QB who can throw through the winds in Buffalo.

He has done a decent job with the OL and a less decent job with the DL but has completely botched the LBs and some of the DBs and WRs. Even the Spiller/Lynch situation wasn't handled that great.

I think he is a bit out of his league honestly, specifically bc he hasn't drafted one of the numerous QBs that are currently performing well.

I don't mind getting a QB, as everyone knows, but does this bumpkin have any clue? In this day of 24/7 access, publicly contradicting yourself twice gives the impression that you and the organization are nothing but a bunch of morons.

Honestly the guy makes me dizzy when he's spinning...

My take on this whole deal is simple...Nix and Gailey know their backs are against the wall...They know the HAVE to take a QB, and they know Fitz is not the guy to get The Bills where they need to go...But he can't say it...And it's frustrating the hell out of them internally, because they know what they are going to do...basically at least...at the QB position...But they can't say it, and they don't want to disrespect Fitz...So...The frustration builds and you get these loops in the QB talk that basically mean nothing...The only thing that is certain is that they are going to take a QB sometime early in the 2013 Draft... B-)

Honestly the guy makes me dizzy when he's spinning...

My take on this whole deal is simple...Nix and Gailey know their backs are against the wall...They know the HAVE to take a QB, and they know Fitz is not the guy to get The Bills where they need to go...But he can't say it...And it's frustrating the hell out of them internally, because they know what they are going to do...basically at least...at the QB position...But they can't say it, and they don't want to disrespect Fitz...So...The frustration builds and you get these loops in the QB talk that basically mean nothing...The only thing that is certain is that they are going to take a QB sometime early in the 2013 Draft... B-)

Yep...good take. I say eff him. Activate TJax, confirm he sucks or see if he actually does something in this offense and plan for next season.

My biggest fear is a Losman-like panic reach that kills us for years yet again.

This is from the comments section and exactly what I thought he meant when I read it:

He’s not talking about moving to the top part of the draft, he’s talking about probably the tail end of the first round…

“there’s a time when you can move up a round to take a quarterback,”

At that point it’s a fairly low risk move and may be worth it. Guys like Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, and Matt Barkley are worth the risk there. These are guys that would have been top 10 picks had they come out last year.

It looks like a trade back into the late part of round 1 to jump ahead of qb needy teams at the top of round 2. It sounds like (of this is what he actually means) exactly what I would want them to do.

You're 4th (fourth) draft in, and NOW you want a QB?

Nice job Buddy.

To answer your question: not really.

Look who he hired for head coach, and look what he's done with the most important position in Pro football. Nothing.

Get either of those things right and you're probably OK for a year or so. If they do draft a QB, it will just give the "be patient" crowd at OBD, another year or two.

I would do anything to get a real QB in there, I just don't believe Buddy is the guy to do it. And it will take 2-3 years to figure out of he's right. Sad.

:cry:

Te'o will not be available when we are selecting unless we lose out, mark my words... we couldn't get that lucky.

It depends Sir...If Te'o runs a 4.8 at the Combine like some believe he will...Then he'll drop a bit...If he runs in the 4.5-4.6 range he goes very high... B-)

Yep...good take. I say eff him. Activate TJax, confirm he sucks or see if he actually does something in this offense and plan for next season.

My biggest fear is a Losman-like panic reach that kills us for years yet again.

Well...They are going to take a QB, and regardless of whatever Buddy is trying to spin, I would say the chances are better than 75% that they do so in the 1st Round...I think the chances are 100% that they will take a QB by The Bills 2nd Pick in the 2013 Draft...So your concern is valid...Because I think they're doing it no matter what... B-)

This is from the comments section and exactly what I thought he meant when I read it:

He’s not talking about moving to the top part of the draft, he’s talking about probably the tail end of the first round…

“there’s a time when you can move up a round to take a quarterback,”

At that point it’s a fairly low risk move and may be worth it. Guys like Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones, and Matt Barkley are worth the risk there. These are guys that would have been top 10 picks had they come out last year.

It looks like a trade back into the late part of round 1 to jump ahead of qb needy teams at the top of round 2. It sounds like (of this is what he actually means) exactly what I would want them to do.

In the five drafts from 2005-09, there were 18 QB's taken from picks 20-100. Of that group, only Aaron Rodgers is what I would consider a long term starter. If you add in the 2010 and 2011 drafts, there were 6 guys taken in this range, and early returns indicate that 1 of them will be a long term guy (Dalton) with one having potential (Kaepernick). That's 24 guys with, at most, 3 having a high enough ceiling to be a starter.

Each draft is different, but with the value teams place on QB, finding a guy late in the first or in the second and third isn't that great of odds. This is what happens when you don't get one from the beginning and stubbornly reject conventional wisdom of taking one high early in a rebuild.

It depends Sir...If Te'o runs a 4.8 at the Combine like some believe he will...Then he'll drop a bit...If he runs in the 4.5-4.6 range he goes very high... B-)

Well...They are going to take a QB, and regardless of whatever Buddy is trying to spin, I would say the chances are better than 75% that they do so in the 1st Round...I think the chances are 100% that they will take a QB by The Bills 2nd Pick in the 2013 Draft...So your concern is valid...Because I think they're doing it no matter what... B-)

And that scares me, more because of how they have "evaluated" that position the last three years than anything else.

The guy is a beast, a leader and a coaches' dream. Based on talent alone, Buddy would have no choice but to draft him. His availability would have been money had we lost one more game earlier.

A day late and a dollar short. In 2012 when there may be 5 or more quality QBs emerge, he drafts no one. In 2011 he passes on a number of the QBs like Dalton. He sttle of the weakest of armed QBs in Fitz after stating he is going to target a strong armed QB who can throw through the winds in Buffalo.

He has done a decent job with the OL and a less decent job with the DL but has completely botched the LBs and some of the DBs and WRs. Even the Spiller/Lynch situation wasn't handled that great.

I think he is a bit out of his league honestly, specifically bc he hasn't drafted one of the numerous QBs that are currently performing well.

I dont know where you get "less better job" on the DL...this D Line is heads and shoulders better than any other Dline we've had in years. Hes done a GREAT job on BOTH lines. Don't downplay it.

Each draft is different, but with the value teams place on QB, finding a guy late in the first or in the second and third isn't that great of odds. This is what happens when you don't get one from the beginning and stubbornly reject conventional wisdom of taking one high early in a rebuild.

Let's consider this. If you are a new regime coming in, chances are that the previous regime blew it and the team is bad and finished with a lousy record. Unless they traded away their picks, you'll be drafting at the top of the draft. As you pointed out, the best place to get a QB with a high ceiling is early in the draft. Consider also that you should know the NFL has a very short shelf life. You need to get things turned around quickly or you run a big risk of becoming the previous regime yourself. Once you turn yourself into an 8-8 level team, you'll be fighting an uphill battle against much longer odds.

Of course, you could always announce your intentions going into season 4 that "now's the time."