Free Agent WR's

I'd love to pay poker with most of the posters on this thread. They would look at their hand, see they were two cards away from a winning hand of a straight and then stand pat with that losing hand. I'd do a lot of winning beating all those loosing hands they stood pat on.

Go ahead thinking you can't give away any of those cards in that loosing hand, most of them are good cards. It's still a LOOSING hand fools! We have a losing hand as a team. Unless we draw some cards, we will continue to have a loosing hand. As WR we have Stevie, Graham is an unknown. The rest are sub par. We need another WR. Get a QB (or two) and LB in the draft. WR in FA.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we need a WR that can stretch the field so I see Mike Wallace as the best fit.

I would love to see Jennings. Though his groin injury scares me a little and as much as I'd love to see him in a Bills uni, we already have SJ who is one of the best route runners in the league.

We need a speedy, big WR who can get down the field quickly.

CBF

I do think we will add a WR in the off-season. How will be dependent on how we handle the QB situation. (full speculation from here on out). If we sign, say, an Alex Smith we should go WR and LB in the first two rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if we land a DE if a good one is available. If the FO believes there is a QB they want in the upcoming draft, then they may fill the WR needs through FA. But truth be told, no one from the list jumps out at you as being exceedingly superior to what we have. Some may have raw skills but little in terms of the full package of performance, selflessness etc

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I heard Buddy on GR55 this morning - he said in no uncertain terms now is the time for them to draft a QB. If they see "a guy" they will target him and move up to get him.

Repeating what he said a few weeks ago.

And yet there are people here who don't believe that the "message has been received."

There's no question we'll have a new QB or QB prospect next year. It's only a matter of which one.

Which brings me back to my earlier point about having to get a wide receiver to stretch the field.

You don't continue to build this team under the assumption that Fitz is the quarterback.

I would trade up in the draft to get Marquis Lee, Wide Receiver from the University of Southern California. Just look at Julio Jones has done for Matt Ryan and Rowdy Roddy White and the Atlanta Falcons offense.

Never happen. He's not eligible for the draft. Maybe next year. He's a stud for sure.

I'd love to pay poker with most of the posters on this thread. They would look at their hand, see they were two cards away from a winning hand of a straight and then stand pat with that losing hand. I'd do a lot of winning beating all those loosing hands they stood pat on.

Go ahead thinking you can't give away any of those cards in that loosing hand, most of them are good cards. It's still a LOOSING hand fools! We have a losing hand as a team. Unless we draw some cards, we will continue to have a loosing hand. As WR we have Stevie, Graham is an unknown. The rest are sub par. We need another WR. Get a QB (or two) and LB in the draft. WR in FA.

When people discuss signing a FA I think they should include what the rest of our plan is with regards to free agency. Ok, so you want to sign a WR. Which player are we going to let go in order to sign a WR, Levitre or Byrd? Because in order to sign a good WR, it'll cost us. We won't be able to sign our FAs, we have plenty. Levitre, Byrd, Kyle Moore, Urbik, Donald jones, mckelvin, Scott, Sp. Johnson are the guys that actually play. I'd really like to lock up Levitre, Byrd, mckelvin, Urbik, jones and Moore (and merriman if he's super cheap). I doubt we keep them all, but I'd prefer to keep our good players as opposed to signing others teams players. I think we have a nice core of guys and would like to make sure we keep them together with hopes we can get a good QB, HC and DC in the near future. We can dream can't we?

Never happen. He's not eligible for the draft. Maybe next year. He's a stud for sure.

When people discuss signing a FA I think they should include what the rest of our plan is with regards to free agency. Ok, so you want to sign a WR. Which player are we going to let go in order to sign a WR, Levitre or Byrd? Because in order to sign a good WR, it'll cost us. We won't be able to sign our FAs, we have plenty. Levitre, Byrd, Kyle Moore, Urbik, Donald jones, mckelvin, Scott, Sp. Johnson are the guys that actually play. I'd really like to lock up Levitre, Byrd, mckelvin, Urbik, jones and Moore (and merriman if he's super cheap). I doubt we keep them all, but I'd prefer to keep our good players as opposed to signing others teams players. I think we have a nice core of guys and would like to make sure we keep them together with hopes we can get a good QB, HC and DC in the near future. We can dream can't we?

show me any source that with reasonable contracts we can not afford a new signing and ill concede this.

ever since mario signed the assumption is we cant spend without cutting. i havent seen it on paper yet though.

I suppose I understand what you're getting at, but it's not as if Moore, Jones, and Urbik are going to require a fortune to resign. They will be re-signed at reasonable prices, and without much hassel IMO. McKelvin's salary will essentially be McGee's so it's an equal trade-off so to speak.

As for Levitre and Byrd, the money there can come from Kelsay and most likely Merriman.

We are not 'cap-strapped.'

Digressing to the salary cap discussion for a moment, in the past few months, we've seen Dwan Edwards, Bryan Moorman, and Drayton Florence come off the books. Those were all fairly healthy contracts.

In the near term, I would expect to see Spencer Johnson, Terrence McGee, and Tyler Thigpen come off the books. On top of that, there's a chance that Kelsay could be gone.

If I'm not mistaken, the salary cap and the amount of the ceiling which needs to be spent will also go up so teams will be forced to increase their payroll.

IMO the Bills won't have trouble signing their own free agents and maybe signing one significant free agent.