St. Louis Post Disgrace ran Sullivan's column today

The main article describing the Rams win focused on the wide receivers and the catches they made on the last drive. They failed to mention the two dropped interceptions by Wilson, or the phantom penalty on Gilmore's return. However, they did run Sullivan's article tearing Chan to shreds.

I'm tired of Chan Gailey's playcalling and decision-making. He's whiffed on so many opportunities, and cost us at least 3 games. One could argue that he got us the other wins, but we are a better team than the ones we beat. We are a better team than the Rams, too. And the Titans.

It is time for a change. Bring Marty out of retirement. What is he, 90?

Sullivan might be a non-partisan from New England, but he usually is correct in his criticism. I argued with him that Spiller was a home-run threat when we drafted him - give him daylight & he can take it to the house every time. The problem I have with Chan Gailey is his indecisiveness in win or loss moments. Gailey is losing the confidence of the veterans in the locker room. Lindell's hand clap and scream to the football gods was evident to his lack of respect for Gailey's decision making ability. Steve Johnson has already called into question Gailey's play calling decisions. CJ Spiller side-stepped the question of his under utilization like he does to most one-on-one defenders.

At this point I'm open to any and all coaching ideas. A young guy I like who won coach of the year is Raheem Morris. Say what you want about his .354 winning percentage the guy did get a great year out of an average team. Chan Gailey has yet to show he can go .500 with an average team. Heck bring back Perry Fewell - at least he takes chances.

At this point, it looks like Gailey will be back, unless Mr Wilson decides to fire both Nix and Gailey. It is pretty tough to see a light at the end of the tunnel...

Agreed. I wonder if there is any chance at all the Ralph makes Buddy fire Chan.

And Buddy stays.

I wouldn't mind that. Any chance? Shoot. How long can Ralph wait??

And Buddy stays.

Personally, I'd be happy if both Nix and Gailey were shown the door.

And Buddy stays.

If the Bills go 5-11, I see them being fired only if they stick up for one of their coaching staff. I personally do not think Ralph Wilson is able to make those decisions, and his inner circle knows this. They never expected in a million years for us to be THIS bad, and now they will be exposed for trying to hold on while he is still alive. It is all very, very sad to me.

Nix probably called Wilson Monday and says:

"Ralph we beat the Rams here yesterday and we are now 13-0. You have nothing to worry about, we are a shoe in to win it all...Oh and hey-Remember the raise you promised me-you may not remember rigtht now-but trust me you promised a few months ago , well that kicks in today and so does my non fire clause..same with Chan and Russ Brandon-OK? Great thanks!".

...These guys are all taking the old man to the cleaners and getting while the getting's good!

If Ralph had any clue about how poorly these clowns are running his business they would have been fired weeks ago.

"Ralph we beat the Rams here yesterday and we are now 13-0. You have nothing to worry about, we are a shoe in to win it all...Oh and hey-Remember the raise you promised me-you may not remember rigtht now-but trust me you promised a few months ago , well that kicks in today and so does my non fire clause..same with Chan and Russ Brandon-OK? Great thanks!".

...These guys are all taking the old man to the cleaners and getting while the getting's good!

If Ralph had any clue about how poorly these clowns are running his business they would have been fired weeks ago.

You see what I mean then... I think they know that they must act, do something, or their string pulling of the man that once was compos mentis Ralph Wilson will be bare for everyone to see... but are they that smart???

This makes sense. Ralph is being told the wrong info :(

Sully loves to twist the knife and pour on the salt. But he's wrong at times too. Who argues Fitz deserved a contract extension? Sully. Who called Spiller a bust? Sully. Who said we should let SJ walk? Sully. Who lobbied to get rid of Perry Fewell because he had the stink of Jauron? Sully. Who praised Tom Donahoe for drafting Mike Williams? Sully. He's no oracle. He just likes to pile on.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sully loves to twist the knife and pour on the salt. But he's wrong at times too. Who argues Fitz deserved a contract extension? Sully. Who called Spiller a bust? Sully. Who said we should let SJ walk? Sully. Who lobbied to get rid of Perry Fewell because he had the stink of Jauron? Sully. Who praised Tom Donahoe for drafting Mike Williams? Sully. He's no oracle. He just likes to pile on.

PTR

He is not piling on a franchise that is sprialing downward. What he is doing is the intelligent thing i.e. responding to the facts on the ground instead of foolishly and stubbornly maintaining a position when it is untenable. If he was critical of the Spiller pick, then so what. A lot of people were. There was an understandable basis to question the selection of another back with a first round pick. To his credit when Spiller demonstrated that he was an exceptional player he did the smart thing and advocated for a greater usage of the best playmaker on the team. That ability to change one's position when it has proven to be wrong is admirable, not unadmirable.

With respect to SJ I understood Sullivan's positon. Johnson had a tendency to behave in a self-centered and immature manner on the field that at times negatively affected the team. He was calling for the petulant player to be held accountable. The HC had to take him off the field after one of his episode's of bad behavior that resulted in an ill-timed penalty.. That unacceptable behavior occurred after he was previously warned by the HC before the game not to behave in an unacceptable manner. He insubordinately acted out on the field. My point is that Sullivan's position on SJ was very reasonable.

The many criticisms coming from many sources over the descion-making of this losing organization are warranted. You don't have to be a sports columnist to recognize ineptitude that is so blatantly obvious. If this embarrassing organization is coming under an avalanche of criticism it is well justified, no matter the sources. Open your eyes and watch the unwatchable product instead of automatically defending the indefensible.

Edited by JohnC

And Buddy stays.

Chan is 15-30 as head coach, looking down the barrel of 15-33. (Does anyone on this board sincerely think we will beat the Seahawks, Dolphins or Jets?) What on earth could justify Buddy or anyone else in the Bills organization keeping Chan for another season? He is horrible..Everyone in management, and the players all know it.. He is a dead man walking, and he knows it. Noone gets less out of their team than Chan..With a tougher schedule, we would be a 2-11 team. The Chiefs and Jags were gimmes. No way we beat Cleveland now. And we got very lucky to beat Arizona. We also would have lost to the Fish, but for Tannehill being green. But that will change when we play them in two weeks. While the D was horrible early on, it has stabilized to being decent. But the offense is really atrocious with Fitz at QB, and Chan calling the plays and keeping Spiller on the bench.. The deep throws from Fitz to Graham were as bad attempts as you will ever see in the NFL. Graham was nowhere near catching either of those passes. Absolutely ridiculous. In fact, I think the Bills will be lucky to score more than two offensive TD's in their last three games total..Chan is GONE!!

Chan is 15-30 as head coach, looking down the barrel of 15-33. (Does anyone on this board sincerely think we will beat the Seahawks, Dolphins or Jets?) What on earth could justify Buddy or anyone else in the Bills organization keeping Chan for another season? He is horrible..Everyone in management, and the players all know it.. He is a dead man walking, and he knows it. Noone gets less out of their team than Chan..With a tougher schedule, we would be a 2-11 team. The Chiefs and Jags were gimmes. No way we beat Cleveland now. And we got very lucky to beat Arizona. We also would have lost to the Fish, but for Tannehill being green. But that will change when we play them in two weeks. While the D was horrible early on, it has stabilized to being decent. But the offense is really atrocious with Fitz at QB, and Chan calling the plays and keeping Spiller on the bench.. The deep throws from Fitz to Graham were as bad attempts as you will ever see in the NFL. Graham was nowhere near catching either of those passes. Absolutely ridiculous. In fact, I think the Bills will be lucky to score more than two offensive TD's in their last three games total..Chan is GONE!!

Spot on...............

PTR

Stop confusing Sullivan's disciples and agents with facts. He is as much as opposition press as reporters from New England.

At this point I'm open to any and all coaching ideas. A young guy I like who won coach of the year is Raheem Morris. Say what you want about his .354 winning percentage the guy did get a great year out of an average team. Chan Gailey has yet to show he can go .500 with an average team. Heck bring back Perry Fewell - at least he takes chances.

Raheem Morris?

The guy had one good year sandwiched by two terrible years.

He made it a point to befriend his players and act like they were his buddies. The team lacked discipline and after he was fired, numerous players publicly said that they welcomed a disciplinarian who would hold them accountable. At the end they liked Raheem but they didn't respect him or respond to his management style.

Perhaps Morris will have learned a lesson from his first stint but I would be very unhappy if the Bills hired him as their next Head Coach.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

It's tough to read points of view other than those espoused by homers, especially on a homer website. On the other hand, a dose of reality often causes a second look at events that once seemed so cut and dried. I admire Sully for callin' 'em as he sees 'em. Don't like what he writes, don't read it; it's just that simple. TBD is partisan, was intended to be partisan and will continue to be partisan, nevertheless, it's kind of OK to give voice to other points of view.

just bc you are old doesn't mean you have lost it, my great aunt who is 96 is still driving and my Grandmother kept her wits till she died at 92 (that means I'm gona be on this board for a Looooooooooooong time hahahahaha :devil: :devil: :devil: )

PTR

THANK YOU