Afew Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) Inside of the 2 minute warning before the half, Fisher physically grabbed one of the refs. Am I the only one who caught this? Of course, this wasn't flagged.Granted, we are an inept organization. I get this. But the fact that the Bills almost never do well with the refs does relect poorly upon the NFL. One poster (wish I could remember who) talked of a, "story line" within the league. Sadly, it's possible.

2) I am not saying that Searcy is good, but he does seem to make a clutch play or 2 in almost every game.

3) The "block in the back" penalty on Gilmore's interception was another pitiful call. I was watching a game with a Rams fan, who openly admitted that this was not a foul. Again, the Bills are bad enough from top to bottom without this kind of s*%t.

4) Kyle Williams played his ass off today. Dareus gad one of his better games as well, but if I was the GM, I would continue to look at the Defensive Tackle position. Not in the first round mind you, but this is a position that always needs to be strong and deep.

5) Help me out.....why did Gailey call a timeout with 9 seconds left before halftime, instead of letting the clock run down? I was watching the game with no sound, so I don't know whether or not it was a 4th down play. I get it if it wasn't 4th down. Thanks.

6) Since it cost a lot to win,

and even more to lose.

You and me bound to spend some time,

wondring, what to choose

Goes to show you don't ever know.

Watch each card you play and,

play it slow.

Wait until your deal come round,

Don't you let that deal go down,

No.

7) Fitz, down 3, was NEVER going to bring us back, not even to a tie. You could put him in this scenario 10 times and it won't happen. And yes, he was getting his ass kicked. Yes, I get it, but he is just not talented enough to take over game. It's a shame too because he has a ton of heart. In any event, put me in the camp that would trade a 1st for Rivers. I'm not a fan of his, but it's better than drafting another corner.

8) The fumble by FJ in the first quarter did well to sum up what we endure as Bills fans. And, I noticed that he was hurt yet again. The truth is, Fred is probably all but finished.

9) Nice pick by Gilmore, right? Yes, fine thanks. But the truth is that while he made some plays, he was also smoked again and again by no-name receivers, this with a fairly decent pass rush. Even if he does turn out to be as "good" as some of you predict, we continue to use top resources on dbs, and we continue to suck. Maye we will grab a safety in round 1 this season, or grab another first round corner to replace McKelvin or A. Williams, who really should be cut.

10) Mario got credit for the first quarter sack, and played a good game. But it was Carrington who made this sack possible. I hope to see him improve. If he does, he will be one hell of a football player.

11) I guess that the wildcat worked so well last week that Gailey said, "screw it" and just left it out of the playbook. He is an inept head coach. There cannot be a shred of doubt left.

12) Lee Smith is a player. To his credit, Badolbilz (Dick Drawn) called this when he was signed. Smith can catch and block, and would really be a useful asset for a good quarterback.

13) Hang in there people. I cannot think of much good news, but Bills Fans remain the best, and most loyal. I remain proud to be a fan of the team that plays their games in New York, and has a fanbase that is built of a bunch of good people.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was not a fourth down play. And Al and his 98 posts know nothing about quality posters.

I, for one, always look forward to Bill's post-game summaries, even in losing weeks.

As for Freddie, that's all my fault. Every jersey I buy, I end up jinxing that player.

I bought a Bledsoe jersey in mid-2002 right before he went downhill.

I merely thought about a Trent Edwards jersey in 2008 and then he gets hit by Adrian Wilson.

I bought Fred's jersey last year right before the broken leg.

*sigh*

It was not a fourth down play. And Al and his 98 posts know nothing about quality posters.

I, for one, always look forward to Bill's post-game summaries, even in losing weeks.

Thank you Rubes. This matters. In theory, they could have recovered a bad snap, etc., and had a chance to attempt another kick.

You are as inept as a poster as Gailey is a coach. Gilmore is doing fine, you need to get off this bashing of him. Did you ever play the game?

Thanks for the kind words!

Thank you Rubes. This matters. In theory, they could have recovered a bad snap, etc., and had a chance to attempt another kick.

I guess the question is if you're more worried about a bad snap than the kickoff return for a TD. And, on top of that, a bad snap recovery still probably would have put us out of field goal range. It makes some sense - especially given our botched snap on an extra point - but what was more frustrating was the refusal to try to score a touchdown on that drive.

10) Mario got credit for the first quarter sack, and played a good game. But it was Carrington who made this sack possible. I hope to see him improve. If he does, he will be one hell of a football player.

This sounds like you're not seeing him improve. I am, and it's very encouraging.

Yeah really he's calling for drafting more DTs, 3 overall Darius is playing no where near his draft order, 2nd round troupe is a bust ... But yeah the teams problems are all because secondary are drafted high sometimes too

I tried reading your post three times and I have no idea what you're trying to say. My guess is you exceeded a six pack today.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I tried reading your post three times and I have no idea what you're trying to say. My guess is you exceeded a six pack today.

That he always complains about drafting secondary high saying we should only go for linemen , while ignoring the failings of dradting linemen. BTW mckelvin as a decent backup CB and best return man in the game , contributes more to bills than dareus and troupe combined.

Positives: I agree about Searcy having a knack for playmaking. And now Carrington. And CJ's pass protection seems like it's really improved.

Negatives: Our problem has changed a little bit based on what I saw today. Without Wood and Hairston in there it was a jailbreak on almost every play. Fitz played a very good game considering he had no pocket to step up in and make throws, and zero time to throw. I know that was a very good front Rams front 4, but we are going to be in trouble offensively for the rest of the year unless the O-line improves significantly.

Chan: Seriously did you really burn a timeout on the other teams 34 yard line when you were about to punt? Uh, take the 5 yard penalty next time genius and save your TO's for when you need them. Total JV move.

Stevie: With a clutch play on the line all of the sudden your arms looked like Cee-Lo Green's on that slant pass. You've made far more difficult catches, what the hell happened on that one. The announcers missed a lot of things in calling today's game but they didn't miss that lazy effort.

Lastly: Hey Bills fan dudes in the end zone front row stands: if someone is doing the Lambeau Leap you've gotta catch the poor bastard so he doesn't flop over onto the cement. They parted like the red sea, and it took 'em like two minutes to shoehorn poor Lee Smith outta there. Just because our receivers can't catch anything doesn't mean our fans hafta wiff too......

That was Brooks...

Not true:

3-6-STL34

(14:16) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass short middle to B.Gibson to SL 39 for 5 yards (R.Brooks). Caught at SL 39, crossing from left. PENALTY on BUF-S.Gilmore, Illegal Use of Hands, 5 yards, enforced at SL 34 - No Play.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/playbyplay/NFL_20121209_STL@BUF

Dareus is not a problem.....they dont need to focus on DT in the draft. Part of the problem is Wanny's defensive system that does not play to this teams strengths.

The D-coordinator they should have hired was the previous Giants D-coordinator, now Saints D-coordinator Spagnuolo.

Gilmore is a rookie...it takes time to learn the game and that position.....without looking at game tape you cant always blame him for blowing coverage if he was expecting safety or underneath coverage help so he played him the way he did.