Bills O-Line Getting Respect...

As I always post when the subject comes up, "Who's better?"

You can't unequivocally claim that any O-line is better than the Bills.

The unfortunate thing is that once again they are riddled with injuries. But that's somewhat the nature of O-linemen AND it's injuries which have provided the opportunity for many of the present day starters to bloom.

It seems like Nix has a bit of an aptitude for acquiring O-linemen so I'm curious to see how Snow and Young have developed during all these months on the roster.

Agreed SJBF.

What the Bills have done with the O line such as depth and ability to step in and up is impressive.

Since the play calling will be done by Levitre and Urbik, i just read, this should be great fun.

First season in years i can say that with all the injuries on the line. I am not all too worried about tomorrow.

These guys are young, big and strong. And fresh.

I hope we run the ball all day.

Go Bills

Let it Snow said Sam i am

Edited by 3rdand12

Agreed SJBF.

What the Bills have done with the O line such as depth and ability to step in and up is impressive.

Since the play calling will be done by Levitre and Urbik, i just read, this should be great fun.

First season in years i can say that with all the injuries on the line. I am not all too worried about tomorrow.

These guys are young, big and strong. And fresh.

I hope we run the ball all day.

Go Bills

Let it Snow said Sam i am

In terrified with snow and young, but any team should be when reaching that deep.

I think they earned that top 5-10 praise. It's hard to say name one better when it's 5 guys (we're better at these 2 spots and are deeper but they are better at 3 spots, we run better they pass, for instance on why ranking gets messy) and tied so heavily into other units (backs and qbs can make them look good or bad)

Good unit, strong foundation

In terrified with snow and young, but any team should be when reaching that deep.

I think they earned that top 5-10 praise. It's hard to say name one better when it's 5 guys (we're better at these 2 spots and are deeper but they are better at 3 spots, we run better they pass, for instance on why ranking gets messy) and tied so heavily into other units (backs and qbs can make them look good or bad)

Good unit, strong foundation

I was thinking our depth is better than ever and we have heard and seen i think, the results. That coach "D" really has done great job wth these guys. This year started out rough with so many penalties but they really looked good to me lately.

Don't be terrified.

:D Cautious enthusiasm maybe

Edited by 3rdand12

I was thinking our depth is better than ever and we have heard and seen i think, the results. That coach "D" really has done great job wth these guys. This year started out rough with so many penalties but they really looked good to me lately.

Don't be terrified.

:D Cautious enthusiasm maybe

We've seen snow play. Poorly. And the rams have a good front 7. He may survive but I don't think he excels.

Our left side LT, LG, & C are good.

I even think RG is good with Urbik, however I think our RT needs to be upgraded. As I posted earlier this week we have 0 tds running to our right, & our yards per carry is grossly below our left. If we were lucky enough to resign Levitre & were ablr to get Jake Long in FA we will be undoubtedly the top OLine. That said Byrd & Levitre before Long IMO.

Edited by BigCountryBills

I even think RG is good with Urbik, however I think our RT needs to be upgraded. As I posted earlier this week we have 0 tds running to our right, & our yards per carry is grossly below our left. If we were lucky enough to resign Levitre & were ablr to get Jake Long in FA we will be undoubtedly the top OLine. That said Byrd & Levitre before Long IMO.

Long wont be a RT if he has a single offer at LT

We've seen snow play. Poorly. And the rams have a good front 7. He may survive but I don't think he excels.

We have.

The Rams have a very good front seven and a coach that is making use of them.

Big challenge for sure. Even if the line was healthy.

As I always post when the subject comes up, "Who's better?"

You can't unequivocally claim that any O-line is better than the Bills.

The unfortunate thing is that once again they are riddled with injuries. But that's somewhat the nature of O-linemen AND it's injuries which have provided the opportunity for many of the present day starters to bloom.

It seems like Nix has a bit of an aptitude for acquiring O-linemen so I'm curious to see how Snow and Young have developed during all these months on the roster.

Yeah, I would have a hard time not ranking the Bills OL (when healthy) in the top 5 of the NFL. Our pass blocking is helped by the quick short throws, but its still pretty good. But our down field blocking in the run game and screens is IMO tops in the NFL. Plus our run blocking up front is easily top 5 too.

Unfortuantely, we just cant keep these guys on the field. I just don't understand what goes on with the Bills as they lose more significant players every year to serious injury than I have ever seen, especially on the OL. I don't understand how...is it the training staff, the medical staff, injury prone players, bad luck? What ever it is I hope we figure it out soon because we can not keep losing so many important players like this year after year for such big parts of the season.

(typical TBD poster): They are an average to slightly above average offensive line. Fitz's sack numbers are deceiving because he has a magical quick release- quicker than anyother QB in the league. We really need to improve at RT, let's invest a top 3 draft pick in the OL next season and then we should be OK. Oh by the way, I've never watched any other team and really disected their offensive line, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

And FWIW, I was praising the Bills' OL all last year and the best I'd get was, "Yeah they're average. I suppose it's not our number one concern. They could still use a lot of improvement though." Guess what? They were a top 5 OL last year too.

Dude in today's NFL, you're not going to have A+ players at every position on your football team. Especially if you're the Bills. Hairston/Pears are fine. You're telling me you'd be willing to shell out big money to get a RT at the expensive of what? A linebacker? A receiver? A quarterback? We already have one of the best OL's in the league but you think we need to fine tune RT when our LB's may very well be the worst in the league? I can save you the trouble, it's not happening man. They like Hairston. Yes he got burned by Mathis on the two or three plays you watched him, but he's fine.

Yeah welcome to 2011.

The Bills O-line when healthy is one of the, if not the best in the NFL.

Although the right side of this O-line is going to be tested against one of the best D-lines in the NFL on Sunday.

Edited by Why So Serious?

With Snow and Sam manning the front line...

...should we now call the right side of our offensive line "The Wall"?

And should we call Urbik the "Old Bear" for watching over those two and keeping them out of trouble?

And does getting a starting job on our offensive line equate to "taking the black"?

I could go on all night, really.

Edit: Merged, really?

Edited by Rubes

(typical TBD poster): They are an average to slightly above average offensive line. Fitz's sack numbers are deceiving because he has a magical quick release- quicker than anyother QB in the league. We really need to improve at RT, let's invest a top 3 draft pick in the OL next season and then we should be OK. Oh by the way, I've never watched any other team and really disected their offensive line, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

And FWIW, I was praising the Bills' OL all last year and the best I'd get was, "Yeah they're average. I suppose it's not our number one concern. They could still use a lot of improvement though." Guess what? They were a top 5 OL last year too.

Dude in today's NFL, you're not going to have A+ players at every position on your football team. Especially if you're the Bills. Hairston/Pears are fine. You're telling me you'd be willing to shell out big money to get a RT at the expensive of what? A linebacker? A receiver? A quarterback? We already have one of the best OL's in the league but you think we need to fine tune RT when our LB's may very well be the worst in the league? I can save you the trouble, it's not happening man. They like Hairston. Yes he got burned by Mathis on the two or three plays you watched him, but he's fine.

Cut Fitzpatrick save money. Let go of Barnett & send McGee & Merriman packing. If Pears is signed cut him. Hairston is a fine backup at T, but he has not shown be much in getting good push on the rush.

I'd like the Bills to draft an interior lineman, preferably a Center. Why not get Jake Long? Have you seen the weather we play in 4-6 games a year? We need the best lines on both sides of the ball. I think like we purchased Mario, we should do the same with our offensive line.

Letting go of our veterans who are bad, and drafting a quality Dalton type QB would do wonders to upgrade our team in 2013.

Our right side of our line has produced 0 rushing touchdowns all season. 7 to the left, 2 in the middle. We need a real right tackle. Urbik can only do so much. I think these guys might be decent. I'd love to eat crow and see us run for 5 touchdowns to the right.

Our right side of our line has produced 0 rushing touchdowns all season. 7 to the left, 2 in the middle. We need a real right tackle. Urbik can only do so much. I think these guys might be decent. I'd love to eat crow and see us run for 5 touchdowns to the right.

Good one.

Cut Fitzpatrick save money. Let go of Barnett & send McGee & Merriman packing. If Pears is signed cut him. Hairston is a fine backup at T, but he has not shown be much in getting good push on the rush.

I'd like the Bills to draft an interior lineman, preferably a Center. Why not get Jake Long? Have you seen the weather we play in 4-6 games a year? We need the best lines on both sides of the ball. I think like we purchased Mario, we should do the same with our offensive line.

Letting go of our veterans who are bad, and drafting a quality Dalton type QB would do wonders to upgrade our team in 2013.

Jake Long is going to be paid a lot of money by someone to be a LT. Don't be ridiculous; there is zero chance we sign him as a RT.

...should we now call the right side of our offensive line "The Wall"?

And should we call Urbik the "Old Bear" for watching over those two and keeping them out of trouble?

And does getting a starting job on our offensive line equate to "taking the black"?

I could go on all night, really.

What are you talking about ?

I call them inexperienced and hope they can step up.