Some would gladly trade Fitz for Palmer

Palmer is a little bit better than Fitzpatrick in 2012. Fitzpatrick plays for a much better coached team and is asked to do much less. The Raiders are a disaster. You put Carson Palmer on a team like the Ravens or the Falcons or the Texans and believe me, he'd be just fine. The guy's entire WR corp is 1st and 2nd year UDFA's.

Palmer is a little bit better than Fitzpatrick in 2012. Fitzpatrick plays for a much better coached team and is asked to do much less. The Raiders are a disaster. You put Carson Palmer on a team like the Ravens or the Falcons or the Texans and believe me, he'd be just fine. The guy's entire WR corp is 1st and 2nd year UDFA's.

Heyward-Bey is a top 10 pick.

Can anyone tell me why? And saying "he used to be good" is not an acceptable answer.

PTR

Come one PTR...who is saying that? I don't see any threads suggesting we trade for Palmer. Palmer is a more talented QB, and has been a top guy in this league, but he is not that top guy anymore. I think he is better than he shows in OAK which is just a very bad team, especially that OL. But he is not the kind of solution we need at this point, and I don't see anyone who strongly thinks he is on this board.

I find it interesting that I see you complain about the number of threads bashing Fitz, yet many of those threads are ones defending Fitz and are started b the same people complaining about the number of Fitz threads...like this one.

What I did see is you reference Fitz as an "elite" QB in the shout box and even used Drew Brees as a comparable to defend Fitz's first INT after Brees had a 5 INT night on Thursday before the game. That is substantially more outlandish and ridiculous than swapping Fitz for Palmer...you should start a thread on that. Last I checked, QB's who are the 25th ranked QB are not usually referenced as being elite, especially when they have never been ranked even in the top 15 in 8 years in the league.

Funny stat...Fitz 25th ranked QB in QBR...Palmer 26th ranked QBR - so far as bad as you think Palmer is, he is rated right next to Fitz in the bottom third of the league.

Edited by Alphadawg7

A lot of folks say regularly Fitz is the worst QB in the league and nobody or close to it would ever trade QBs straight up.

Such is true. Raiders aren't giving up a 1st and 2nd for fitz. (Carson Palmer trade) Much less a 7th rounder

Gotta agree w everyone else I've heard Sanchez rivers flacco even Orton as options never Palmer.

But if you need someone to vouch for this Carson Palmer deal I'll bite. ABF anyone but fitz Get Er dun.

Carson Palmer? blech! I would not trade for him straight up.. In his defense though, his receivers dropped some balls last night. I think that's a recurring theme over in Oakland. Fitz doesn't have the greatest core of receivers either.

Such is true. Raiders aren't giving up a 1st and 2nd for fitz. (Carson Palmer trade) Much less a 7th rounder

Gotta agree w everyone else I've heard Sanchez rivers flacco even Orton as options never Palmer.

But if you need someone to vouch for this Carson Palmer deal I'll bite. ABF anyone but fitz Get Er dun.

Palmer is maybe the worst starting QB in the league. He is a terrible version of Bledsoe on the Bills. he is the reason why fantasy football is so misleading. He is the king of garbage time where he racks up yards when his team is down by 20 points in the 4th quarter.

Fitz will never be a great QB but there are worse options. Palmer is at the top of the list.

Palmer is maybe the worst starting QB in the league. He is a terrible version of Bledsoe on the Bills. he is the reason why fantasy football is so misleading. He is the king of garbage time where he racks up yards when his team is down by 20 points in the 4th quarter.

Fitz will never be a great QB but there are worse options. Palmer is at the top of the list.

hes bottom of the barrell much like fitz........i disagree Palmer is worse.........just trying to validate PTR's thread

classic PTR strategy

I'm just making sure people are actually paying attention. Didn't some folks say we should have made an attempt for Palmer from the Bengals? I know I read that here. So I was just asking if anyone still felt that was a deal worth making? Or are people still dazzled by names?

PTR

I'm just making sure people are actually paying attention. Didn't some folks say we should have made an attempt for Palmer from the Bengals? I know I read that here. So I was just asking if anyone still felt that was a deal worth making? Or are people still dazzled by names?

PTR

well some people wanting Palmer from the Bengals is different than "trading fitz for palmer"...but I understand what your saying, but you should know by now that people on this board will ALWAYS drool for names....

I think on a better team, he could be one of those QBs that can be good enough to get you to the playoffs.

I watched part of the game yesterday and actually thought that I wouldn't have an issue if Palmer was a FA, bringing him in and giving him a chance. I wouldn't give up much for him though

The Raiders are just a really bad team right now, but its not because he is as horrible as everyone says around here

As for the comparison between him and Fitz and their "rankings", it might say something that both are ranked right next to each other, but I think it says more about Palmer because of the 2 teams they play for, I would rank the rest of the Bills offence much better then the supporting cast palmer has around him in Oakland on offence