I truly feel horrible for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

FireChan

Then maybe his observational skills are wrong? Is that better?...LOL Fitzpatrick is an average QB. While that's not saying much in today's NFL, it's worlds away from the diaper wearing Edwards and Losman. Is average what any of us want these last five games and next year? No.

Unless Fitzpatrick takes this team on a roll into the playoffs this year, I'm fully on board with taking a QB in rd 1 of the next draft, and every draft going forward till they finally find their franchise QB who can get the Bills a Superbowl win.

He sucks. He's not an "average" QB. I'm glad you realize he needs to be replaced. Is he better than Trent and Jp? I think so. Not by much. He still sucks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 pass plays called in a row while protecting the lead. 3rd and long, he throws a pick. That's just like blaming the Indy field goal last game on him, horrible clock management. RB combo means nothing if you don't run the ball enough. I truly don't think our O-line is good either, so that's a point we'll have to disagree on.

And for the last time, to everyone seeming to miss the point, I don't think he's good or great, I just feel bad that he's hung out to dry when he can't do some things.

Look at it like this. Let's say Choice was in because both Spiller and Freddy were hurt. Choice can get some yards but he's not great and has weaknesses. And our HC calls 3 HB dives in a row 30 times a game. Every failed conversion the he would inevitably get would wear on him. It's the exact same situation with our QB, put them in a position to fail and don't use them smart, they'll do exactly that, fail.

0:)

The only person on the planet that thinks Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Tom Brady clone is Chan Gailey, and if he wants his QB to throw 30-40 times a game ... its for a reason, and not to be disputed by any lowly fans.

The rest of the world looks at Ryan Fitzpatrick and sees a very average QB that shouldn't even be put in a position to throw 30-40 times a game, But hey! Megamind Chan Gailey is calling the plays and he knows whats best for the team, and how to win games.

14-28 OH YEA! These men rule, let's give them lifetime contracts!!

I'm confused with this thread...

Let me get this straight, Gailey draws up plays that get his WRs open, wide open sometimes, and we as fans are suppose to feel sorry that Fitz can't hit these open receivers? Or that he's asked to hit these open receivers too much? Really?

Did I miss something...

Exactly.

If Fitz's first 20 passes a game were consistently accurate, and if passes 21 - 50 were a mix between accurate and inaccurate, then those calling for fewer pass plays as a solution to the Fitz problem might have a point. However, Fitz is just as likely to throw an inaccurate pass on throw number 5 or 10 as he is on throw number 50. Running the ball more might help us mask our weakness at the QB position. It would do nothing to fix that weakness.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Are you F&^*(king kidding me? He's a starting QB im supposed to feel bad for a guy he makes 50 Million? Why? He's the QB does Aaron Rogers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady get sympathy when the blow? HELL NO! Do the blow it a lot? No. Does Fitz blow it a lot? Yes. He's the QB he's supposed to have the ball in his hands every play. He sucks face it stop crying and MAN UP! Can't believe he talmbout I feel bad WTF is this BS... :doh::wallbash::bag:

I don't know if Manning would fail. But the point is that without a Manning or Rodgers, we have no chance. And those guys don't exist this draft or as FA.

You do not know that, no one does. We could end of drafting the best QB of all time, but because he is not a cant miss prospect he is no good.

I'm so sick of this there is no legit QB prospect this year, or that year. I hear it every year, and every year more and more teams are going with Rookies or younger QB's.

I don't know that Manning would fail, but I think he would definitely struggle.

No way...Manning would turn this Offense around in a heartbeat...You think the Broncos have THAT much better talent on Offense? Especially at RB? Manning would have this Offense in the top 5 in the NFL...Chan's job would be SO much easier with Manning it's not even a fair comparison... B-)

Fitzpatrick is a good QB at diagnosing the field - one of the better players in the league at it, in fact. His problem is accuracy on deeper throws, and it's a huge problem. If he didn't have that problem, he'd be an elite QB with 27-28 TDs to his name this year (in 12 games). He does have that problem, though, and as a consequence, he's not an elite QB. It's really that simple. He's not stupid. He makes a lot of great reads. He avoids sacks like crazy, and if he was a normal QB he would have been sacked 38-42 times already. And as for the INTs, that's part of the game. They're better than fumbles. But he can't hit the deeper throws with any consistency.

The Bills should draft a QB in the first round if there's one who's worthy (and they should trade up to get one), but Fitzpatrick should definitely be the starter next year. I don't think he will be because I suspect that the Bills will cut him before March 1 to save money.

I'm sorry, but I can't take any more of Fitz throwing picks when the game is on the line. I like the guy, but he can't get it done.

Well, yeh, but, you realize that when time is running out, the QB has to make a play, and usually has to throw into coverage. Thats why those picks occur at the end of the game...happens a lot, not just to Fitz.

Well, yeh, but, you realize that when time is running out, the QB has to make a play, and usually has to throw into coverage. Thats why those picks occur at the end of the game...happens a lot, not just to Fitz.

Excellent response. You're right. On those plays, defenses are always playing 7 and often 8 guys in coverage.

Everyone likes to make a mockery of this guy, but the FACT is that he is the best QB we've had since Kelly. He hasn't been perfect, but he has kept us a respectable team.

And guess what? He is a human being just like all of us. He has feelings. How would you guys like if thousands of people publicly hated your guts because of the way you throw a goddamn football.

Worst fans in football. You should be ashamed.

Not sure how long I can associate myself with such insensitive and ignorant people like so many on this board.

Might be time to find another team or at least another website.

Go bills.

Edited by gugny

And guess what? He is a human being just like all of us. He has feelings. How would you guys like if thousands of people publicly hated your guts because of the way you throw a goddamn football.

Hahaha. He makes millions to play a kids' game and you're angry at people for criticizing his pathetic play and detesting the fact that they're forced to watch him QB their team? Get real.

Edited by Barry Zuckerkorn

Hahaha. He makes millions to play a kids' game and you're angry at people for criticizing his pathetic play and destesting the fact that they're forced to watch him QB their team? Get real.

You don't get it. Money isn't everything. The insensitivity on this board is unreal. Walk a mile, man. Walk a mile.

Everyone likes to make a mockery of this guy, but the FACT is that he is the best QB we've had since Kelly. He hasn't been perfect, but he has kept us a respectable team.

Worst fans in football. You should be ashamed.

Not sure how long I can associate myself with such insensitive and ignorant people like so many on this board.

Might be time to find another team or at least another website.

Go bills.

How has Fitz kept us a respectable team? Is it the .367 winning percentage he has? Maybe it's the playoff appearances we have enjoyed the last decade plus. The guy makes millions of dollars throwing that damn ball, money paid by the fans. If he can't take the vitriol sent his way, too effing bad. That's the profession he chose and that's part of it. I don't see people attacking Fitzy the person, they criticize Fitzy the QB, which they have a right to do.

Maybe if Fitz actually gets us to the playoffs, I will change my tune. But we both know that ain't happening, so I'll continue to sing the Fitzy blues with my Bills' fan brethren.

Edited by Marauder24

Yeah, you might think so. Money isn't going to cover up the ugliness that spews from the mouths of this fan base.

Hey, he signed up for an NFL job knowing that ugliness spews from fans. If it's too tough for him, he can retire now and leave the money on the table. Will he? No. Because he can handle it. He's not an 8-year-old.

Hey, he signed up for an NFL job knowing that ugliness spews from fans. If it's too tough for him, he can retire now and leave the money on the table. Will he? No. Because he can handle it. He's not an 8-year-old.

No he's not. But some of the posters here are close to that age. ;)

A majority of QBs need to be in a system that emphasizes their capabilities. Coaching is the ability to put our players to succeed. Remember when Chan and Fitz started with the Bills and the intial success? The team had healthy group of wide outs and O line. Since then those units have battled injuries. Fitz is an average QB. Chan seems to believe all the talk about he being an offensive genius, inovator and groomer of QBs. I think he has regressed worse than Fitz. He has made too many head scratching play calls this year. Will Fitz ever be on a team that wins a Super Bowl? Only as a back up. Chan needs to go back to his retirement.