Tasker, Reed semifinalists for HOF

l< j

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, I look at that list and am thinking this has to be Reed's year. I don't think any of the first year eligible players are worthy of being inducted in their first year, let alone worthy at all. Reed's biggest competition is going to once again be Tim Brown and Cris Carter. Maybe Tasker surprises and gets in this year too.

I think these individuals should be the 15 finalists.

Defensive Linemen - Warren Sapp, Michael Strahan

Offensive Linemen- Jonathan Ogden, Will Shields

Cornerbacks - Aeneas Williams

Linebackers - Charles Haley

Running Backs - Terrell Davis

Wide Receivers - Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Andre Reed, Steve Tasker

Coaches - Don Coryell, Bill Parcells

Commissioners - Paul Tagliabue

Owners - Edward DeBartolo Jr.

Boy, I look at that list and am thinking this has to be Reed's year. I don't think any of the first year eligible players are worthy of being inducted in their first year, let alone worthy at all. Reed's biggest competition is going to once again be Tim Brown and Cris Carter. Maybe Tasker surprises and gets in this year too.

Reed will get in someday. It's time to start hoping Tasker will also get in sooner rather than later too.

Yeah, if they ever open a Hall of Good, then Cris Carter can get in... not even close to being worthy of the HOF though.

My picks:

Charles Haley

Larry Allen

Jonathan Ogden

Mike Strahan

Andre

Curley Culp

Tuna has to wait a year... not sure if anyone else on that list is truly worthy, maybe T Davis.

not sure if anyone else on that list is truly worthy, maybe T Davis.

Really? I can't believe he's even on the list. He had four - FOUR - good seasons. Yes, he rushed for more than 2000 yards once, but he was playing for the Broncos! As Greg Easterbrook once said of the Denver running game, "insert back, gain 1000 yards." Recall that they once had two guys do it in the same season! Seems more like the product of a great OL and fantastic scheme.

Not that he was a bad back or anything. And maybe deserving eventually, but to be on the list in his first year?

Unfortunately the glut of WR from that era reduces the chances of Reed getting in the hall of fame. The voters are focusing on linemen. Look for Larry Allen and Michael Strahan to make it in a small class.

I never really cared much for Stranahan. He is like Howie Long. Both very good but just not that great that they were HOF. They have been highly visible after football so that has helped greatly. The same goes for CC. Reed is forgotten. Tasker has a better chance.

Chris Carter is & was one of the greatest WRs to play the game & he did it consistently, often w/o the best QBs throwing to him. I don't understand how they keep him out.

Without good QBs throwing to him, are you insane?

He had Randall Cunnginham, Warren Moon (HOF), Brad Johnson, and Dante Culpepper. While they're not all superstars, they were almost all very pass happy QBs, which is one reason his stats were so good.

Cris Carter: 234 games played, 1101 Rec., 13899 yds., 130 TDs

Andre Reed: 234 games played, 951 Rec., 13198 yds., 87 TDs

Why does Reed deserve to be in and NOT Carter, exactly?

Steve Tasker even being on the ballot is laughable, in my opinion. You know what, Steve? You were pretty good at covering kicks and returning the occasional kickoff or punt.. but, that's a pretty minute portion of the game. You'd have to be OTHER WORLDLY at it to even get a sniff of the Hall of Fame. But, of course the Hall of Fame has this ridiculous rule that a certain number of people HAVE to be inducted every year.. whether they are worthy of the honor or not. Talk about watered-down.

Why does Reed deserve to be in and NOT Carter, exactly?

Steve Tasker even being on the ballot is laughable, in my opinion. You know what, Steve? You were pretty good at covering kicks and returning the occasional kickoff or punt.. but, that's a pretty minute portion of the game. You'd have to be OTHER WORLDLY at it to even get a sniff of the Hall of Fame. But, of course the Hall of Fame has this ridiculous rule that a certain number of people HAVE to be inducted every year.. whether they are worthy of the honor or not. Talk about watered-down.

While I agree with you 100% on Reed vs Carter. There is no way Reed ever makes it in before or at least at the same time as Carter. Carter is just better 100% hands down.

As far as Tasker goes.... I do agree that he'll probably never get in because his "minute" portion of gameplay. I disagree 1,000,000% with the fact that he's "other worldly". Tasker changed the game as far as Special Teams is concerned. He IS the best special teams cover guy to ever play the game. The return games most likely evolved because of his contributions to the game. Not quite sure how old you are or how much you watched him, but he WAS the best there ever was, hands down.

carter has better stats slightly than andre..but that in itself isnt an argument. reed had better stats than lance alworth,lynn swann...but they were both better than reed---not by much.

problem with reed in this voting was that he was a verrrry steady,verrry good WR who could run after the catch etc and goo over the middle with no fear.he was,however,unspectacular.-I think art Monk is a borderline HoF guy.I rate him the same as reed.

carter was spectacular. NO ONE had a better sense of the sidelines or the back line of the endzone.he was magnificent pulling down passes

that othe rreceivers just couldnt--and with an otherworldy sense of where he was on the field. That gives him the edge over reed.

It wouldnt be an injustice if reed gets in. But Carter was better.

Without good QBs throwing to him, are you insane?

He had Randall Cunnginham, Warren Moon (HOF), Brad Johnson, and Dante Culpepper. While they're not all superstars, they were almost all very pass happy QBs, which is one reason his stats were so good.

Randall Cunningham, Brad Johnson, Duante Culpepper, and Jeff George are hardly considered in the upper echelon of the NFL. I'm not saying the guy had garbage QBs, but it's not like he had Montana and Young throwing to him. How anyone discounts his accomplishments is beyond me.

Because people don't like Carter as an analyst.