13 pro teams hurting for fans...one NFL team

PromoTheRobot

They don't go to baseball games either. See Marlins in a new stadium to boot. Miami is become a bad sports town.

I didn't think marlins attendance was bad this year. But it will be next. Florida fans know better than to trust that team's owner. I would not give him a dime to watch a game either.

Shocking. And, they believe this to be due to lack of fan interest? Maybe, maybe not? Perhaps the fans don't have the coin to pony up for the insane prices. And, what do 11 of 13 of these teams have in common? Their state re-elected our president. Hey, what a great idea... instead of a direct taxpayer bailout, the gubmint buys up large blocks of tix of these ailing teams. Then, for every week of uneployment or welfare one collects, gubmint remits to them a ticket to a game of the ailing franchise of their choice. Come on folks... think outside the box. Just sayin.

Why am I not surprised most that list consists of baseball teams? Why am I not surprised all the teams listed consist of teams who have not won anything in a decade with the exception of the Pistons? Why am I not surprised a list of declining sports teams come from sports where only the same 3-5 teams are good yearly? It has nothing to do with the economy or ticket prices. It has to do with with if you live in certain areas and your pro baseball/basketball team can't compete on an even playing field with the big boys the new era of fans will simply realize this and get tired of attending games as they get older. As far as the Dolphins go. A fair weather markets drastic decline in fans coincides with when Dan Marino retired having 6 new head coaches in 10 years. Makes sense there's other things to do in Miami

Why am I not surprised most that list consists of baseball teams? Why am I not surprised all the teams listed consist of teams who have not won anything in a decade with the exception of the Pistons? Why am I not surprised a list of declining sports teams come from sports where only the same 3-5 teams are good yearly? It has nothing to do with the economy or ticket prices. It has to do with with if you live in certain areas and your pro baseball/basketball team can't compete on an even playing field with the big boys the new era of fans will simply realize this and get tired of attending games as they get older.

This is true

I am an Indians fan and its really tough to get emotionally attached and even watch the games the second half of the season. Over the last 10 years, as salaries have hit the stratusphere, my fandom has waned (as has my attention to MLB).

I would definitely like to see some sort of changes to MLB structurally. Either put in a cap/minimum cap/revenue sharing... or adopt a promotion/relegation system throughout the ranks.

I grew up in Miami and I can tell you they are all fair weather fans down there, always have been. People only show up when the teams win. With that said I can guarantee that there will be a completely empty Baseball stadium there all next season after what that scumbag owner did this year.