If the bills had drafted AJ green and andy dalton

QB- Andy dalton

HB1- CJ spiller

HB2-Fred Jackson

Wr1- A.J. green

Wr2- Stevie Johnson

Slot- David nelson

Offensive line that we now have.

our defense minus Marcell and and Aaron. Right now not to big of a hit. I still think Marcell will be a great player but Aaron is a bust. We most likely would have stayed a 3-4 defense becasue we would not have had those 4 dominant D-linemen we still would have signed Mario Williams. The D-line would still have been good. and the whole defense would have had a year experience in the 3-4 and all of these mental errors might not have been happening. The LBs would have stayed where they were and not have to learn new technique, lets remember this is the pros you don't just change position and expect that you will be just as good in the other position.

-Barnett would not have had to make the move to the outside we were counting on him being the same player we got in 2011.

-Bryan Scott would have been more suited to play LB in the 3-4 as well.

-the scheme has killed our defense this year..

We now know andy dalton was a good pick now. He was not a sure thing coming out but he was a winner and had a good head on his shoulders. I think chan could have made him better than he is in cincy. he would also have a more complete offense around him.

AJ green was a sure thing I don't want to here hind sight is 2020 AJ green was a beast you can go back and watch his College tape and see he was going to be a star he was making those catches only special players make and is a great athlete.

he has been doing it his whole life, even in highschool

This

Our offense would be top in the league. knowing the bills we would not have resigned stevie though.

I can't see a way that chan messes that up.

Edited by buffalover4life

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this same thing as thought starter about a week ago. It got some interesting responses because it's fun to think about what would have happened if we went with the two best offensive players available in the first two rounds. After seeing Dalton on Gruden's QB Camp, he just seemed like such a great Buffalo Bill to me. Humble, hard working dude that just wants to help his team win. Like Fitz only with accuracy and arm strength.

Without an offseason training camp, AJ Green and Dalton both made the pro bowl (and the playoffs) and from what I've seen this year they both seem to be getting better, despite virtually no surrounding cast. If you haven't seen them play, AJ Green has two guys on him all game and still gets open constantly. He leads the NFL in touchdowns and is on pace for a 1400 yard 15 touchdown season.

It's interesting to think what this team would look like with Stevie and AJ Green, Spiller and Freddie our offensive line and an accurate young QB (he's at about a 90 passer rating this year) with Chan's offensive mind.

Look I know we were horrible against the run in 2010. Worst in the league. Dareus was the best run stuffer in the country and he was an easy pick, but the Bengals went from 4-12 to 9-7 in one draft with two guys that would have made great Buffalo Bills.

I got agree with some of the other posters...coaching is screwing this team up. They would screw up green and dalton. Chan would have green runing underneath routes and getting his head knocked off!!

Marcell looked like a man last year, this year average.

Now i will say Dalton over Aaron is a yes!!!

Chan is an idiot. Sorry but you could give him the best players and he would find a way to screw it up.

Offensive guru mind???? WTF are you watching??? He managed one touchdown the last 8 quarters!!!!!

that is not a guru!!! that is an inept in over his head old fart!!!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Marcel was graded as the best player in that draft by many many people, and he should be such a dominate force if given the right coaching. Not to mention losing his brother had an impact no matter how little time he missed.

I got agree with some of the other posters...coaching is screwing this team up. They would screw up green and dalton. Chan would have green runing underneath routes and getting his head knocked off!!

Marcell looked like a man last year, this year average.

Now i will say Dalton over Aaron is a yes!!!

Chan is an idiot. Sorry but you could give him the best players and he would find a way to screw it up.

Offensive guru mind???? WTF are you watching??? He managed one touchdown the last 8 quarters!!!!!

that is not a guru!!! that is an inept in over his head old fart!!!

If you think Gailey is inept and in over his head...what about Dave Wannstedt? Now think about how much ole Dave has screwed one of the NFL's best D lines into the ground this season.