Jason Babin; Buddy puts in a claim!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to agree. As much as we hate/love the Mario signing, we are stuck with that contract for a few years. I would love to have another end, like Mathis/Freeney on our team someday, but we need a QB and linebacker...or 3. Atlanta turned their team from worst to playoffs with Ryan...same with the Saints and Breeze. Our current DL, as sad as this sounds, is the best part of our D and we can argue our safety play is better. We have non-existant linebackers who can't cover and miss tackles. Draft Teo, Landy Jones in the 3rd, bring in a vet QB (Rivers), and lets start building.

Go Bills!

I'd have to agree. As much as we hate/love the Mario signing, we are stuck with that contract for a few years. I would love to have another end, like Mathis/Freeney on our team someday, but we need a QB and linebacker...or 3. Atlanta turned their team from worst to playoffs with Ryan...same with the Saints and Breeze. Our current DL, as sad as this sounds, is the best part of our D and we can argue our safety play is better. We have non-existant linebackers who can't cover and miss tackles. Draft Teo, Landy Jones in the 3rd, bring in a vet QB (Rivers), and lets start building.

Go Bills!

our current d line isnt dominating yet, but has been playing pretty well lately, and thats with anderson out injured.

Edited by NoSaint

Go Bills!

Our d line has been playing great the last few weeks. Unfortunately, things take time to gel in the NFL. Mario is like 27 or 28. I've very glad we signed him and didn't cut him after 4 games like a lot of fans wanted to do.

Our d line has been playing great the last few weeks. Unfortunately, things take time to gel in the NFL. Mario is like 27 or 28. I've very glad we signed him and didn't cut him after 4 games like a lot of fans wanted to do.

Agreed. Phillips used Mario as a hybrid DE/OLB and before he got hurt he was averaging 1.5 sacks a game. There's no use in buying a 55" TV if you can't turn on the remote...aka...hire another defensive coordinater that won't have him do the same motion over and over every play.

Yeah, two years ago Spiller was considered a wasted draft pick and a bust!

He didn't play much, yet put up big numbers in his limited time. There's a huge difference between Spiller and a guy who has only performed sporadically over a nine-year career.

Yeah, two years ago Spiller was considered a wasted draft pick and a bust!

if spiller gets cut halfway through next season, then theres a valid discussion.

as is, he had 7 unproductive years, exploded for 2 years, then fell apart already this season to the point of not just being benched but cut.

frankly, theres some serious red flags there.