Why is no one talking about the O-line play?

PromoTheRobot

Mind you I was watching the Colts game on my phone in the car, but even then I saw the Colts light up both Hairston and Glenn numerous times. WTF was that? What were they doing that made those two look like turnstiles all game? How many times did Fred or CJ get buried for a loss because the Colts strolled through our O-line like they weren't even there?

PTR

The O-Line sucks when it has to pass protect for longer than a three step drop. Especially our tackles. Combine that with Fitz's inability to feel pocket pressure and react in a decent manner (step up, vs duck his head and run into someone), we're basically a one trick pony.

yeah, i was watching the saints vs niners and brees was making Tea in the backfield before he threw, it was ridiculous how much more time he had than Fitz did yesterday.. The Bills are not good , anywhere.

Was this a joke? I only ask cause I watched the second half of the saints game and brees was getting destroyed the entire second half. His OLine looked HORRIBLE.

Glenn played pretty well against a premier pass rusher. Hairston just got embarrassed.

But how bad was he embarrassed? I think that our level of expectation for the oline has really risen. This is a very good thing. Hairston definitely struggled but it was certainly livable. I think our oline is one of the top groups in the league. And it's a shame we don't run the ball more because that's what every olinemen wants to do. Spiller could have had a 150+ day easily.

Was this a joke? I only ask cause I watched the second half of the saints game and brees was getting destroyed the entire second half. His OLine looked HORRIBLE.

yeah it was quite a bit worse than the first half but still had all day at times compared to what Fitz dealt with.

Who didn't know that Mathis and Freeney would bring pressure? Especially at home with a lead. That has to be factored into any game plan. There's NFW that Mathis should have been singled up on Hairston. Poor design by Chan. The line did however do a good enough job to allow Fitz the time to throw down field on at least three occasions with the one connection to Stevie on a double move that resulted in a 63 yard completion. The other two to CJ and Donald Jones Fitz prdeictably missed on. They also should have run the ball much more to slow down the Pass Rush. Another miserable failing on the Part of Chan.

The Emperor, in the person of one Chan Gailey, simply has no clothes and he's married to an ugly girl (Fitz) that he keeps trying to pass of as a Beauty Queen.

Hard to blame the o line when you are pilling up a good yard per rush and the qb misses wide open recievers. I see a lot worse o line play in the league.

Mind you I was watching the Colts game on my phone in the car, but even then I saw the Colts light up both Hairston and Glenn numerous times. WTF was that? What were they doing that made those two look like turnstiles all game? How many times did Fred or CJ get buried for a loss because the Colts strolled through our O-line like they weren't even there?

PTR

It's the quarterback. Not the line , not the wideouts, and not the play calling. Although chan is not great. Fitz leaves so many points on the table.

Hard to blame the o line when you are pilling up a good yard per rush and the qb misses wide open recievers. I see a lot worse o line play in the league.

It's the quarterback. Not the line , not the wideouts, and not the play calling. Although chan is not great. Fitz leaves so many points on the table.

Brees and Rodgers would have killed to have our oline yesterday.

yeah it was quite a bit worse than the first half but still had all day at times compared to what Fitz dealt with.

not really the impression most had around here. With both Streif and Brown hurt, they were pretty deep into their depth at tackle.

The O-Line sucks when it has to pass protect for longer than a three step drop.

Don't forget when they're asked to run block on 3rd and short situations too - which is the telltale sign of how good a team's OL is at run blocking.

This Gaily coached team is soft. Spread offense, lots of screens, an OL that can't drive the DL back on 3d and short and a D that is the worst in the league at stopping the run. Soft, soft soft.

PTR

I'm not happy about it, but I can answer you question: Freeny, Mathis. Enough said. They do it to everyone. Week in, and week out.

With our Oline and our RB's, the Bill's shouldn't be passing the ball 37 times a game. We should be grinding it out 37 times and passing 17 times. Gailey's game plan just sucks game in game out. Spiller and Jacksons should be on the ield together, ue a wishbone offensive, split one out whatever it takes those guys should be on field, defense's can't cover their talent.

I guarentee Spiller will not sign with Buffalo when his contract expires unless their is a coaching change, which I hope is soon.

This O line is built to run the ball. Good sized road grader types. No dancing bears out there. Chan is not a offensive genius. His game plans are of the " i know that you know that you etc" mindset. Stop withthe spread. Use your TEs to chip DE. I live in Indy and see most teams routinely do this to Freeney and Mathis. Old school football theory is you use th run to set up the pass. It is valid and proven. Jackson and Spiller running effectively behind this line would open up play action pass. Not rocket science but I am not a football genius like Chan the man. BTW Fitz really needs to work on his down filed throws. He is beyond scattershot. Painful to watch.

I hate to tell you guys... The Bills very rarely only kept 5 in to block yesterday. They were in 2-TE and used a fullback more yesterday than anytime all season. The Colts were getting pressure by faking the inside blitz which would change our blocking schemes and leave our tackles 1 on 1 on the outside. Hairston got burned by the speed rush all day