stevie johnson presser says it all

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole thread is hilarious. whether stevie is right or not is beside the point and certainly there is enough blame to go around. ONLY THE BILLS invest 100$ million in two 7th rounders and re-brand them as marquee offensive players. ONLY THE BILLS trot out retreads like nix and gailey and let them masquerade as a legitimate coach/gm combo.

and only BILLS FANS shell out for this turd polish every year...buying tickets and pretending we have anything other than a low-rent 2nd class team. ...and the only way i'd take that back is if it turned out there were 3 classes.

does anyone really think it would matter if fitz started calling the plays? johnson is a good #2 receiver at best. gailey is lost on the sidelines and buddy keeps drafting defensive players who can't play.

Edited by jester43

For those of you that haven't heard it yet , listen to stevie's presser. He is clearly bashing chan's playcalling saying that Fitz should be more in charge of adjusting calls and more in control of the offense. He says that they are the ones on the field and should have more say in play calling adjustments. I think he has lost all faith in chan

http://www.buffalobi...76-cbe166170acf

the implosion begins, of course it would help if the WRs would catch the ball but all the empty sets and no running the ball is on Chan.

the whole thread is hilarious. whether stevie is right or not is beside the point and certainly there is enough blame to go around. ONLY THE BILLS invest 100$ million in two 7th rounders and re-brand them as marquee offensive players. ONLY THE BILLS trot out retreads like nix and gailey and let them masquerade as a legitimate coach/gm combo.

and only BILLS FANS shell out for this turd polish every year...buying tickets and pretending we have anything other than a low-rent 2nd class team. ...and the only way i'd take that back is if it turned out there were 3 classes.

does anyone really think it would matter if fitz started calling the plays? johnson is a good #2 receiver at best. gailey is lost on the sidelines and buddy keeps drafting defensive players who can't play.

Perfectly stated

Stevie's comments may very well be warranted...Despite The Bills best (or worse) efforts, this Game was still winnable in the 4th Quarter...But this was a Road Game against a Team that is a little above average. And to beat a Team like this on the Road you have to take advantage of the opportunities given...3 times Bills receivers got wide open down the field, and Fitz was only able to hook up one out of three...It's an oversimplification no question, but complete all 3 of those Passes and it's probably more than enough to win this Game...Say what you will about whether or not Jones could have caught his chance, and I'm not saying that Jones could not catch that pass either, but the fact is Fitz did not throw a Pass that Jones could haul in easily...And he just simply overthrew CJ is the truest of Fitz form...We've seen this from Fitz forever, and IMHO it's the single reason why I'm not a Fitz guy...He continually misses on big plays...Go back this Season and you'll find plenty of them...In the NFL...especially on the Road...You have to hit more than you miss if you plan on winning with any consistency...These were Plays where the Offense got EXACTLY what they wanted to get, the receivers were open deep, but they still could not convert...

But then again I've been over Fitz for a long, long, time now...Just watching the clock at this point... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Cant listen to it now but if people are correct he's calling out coaching and maybe fitz too, this is a good thing and long overdue. Those 2 have lived in a cocoon where they can't do anything wrong because nix unconditionally supports Chan and chan does the same for Fitz. Player revolt will force the issue.

I just listened to Stevie's Post Game press conference on BB.com and what I take from it is that the Offense has lost faith in Chan calling the plays, and the booth sending good info to the sidelines. SJ wants the plays called on the field (Fitz) and references that in years passed, Fitz had more control over the playcalling on the field with good success (is it possible this was pre-Redskins game last year and it was taken away after his rib injury?) It also seems that when SJ refers to Fitz calling the plays on the field, they did move the ball (I.E. Touchdown drive). Is it possible the Fitz is better at calling his own plays than Chan calling in the plays?

I feel there is a lot to be taken from what SJ said in this presser. Sounds like SJ has full faith in Fitz, but not in the playcalling coming in from the sidelines/booth.

Very interesting indeed.

I think you guys are making a lot out of really nothing. A lot of QBs have the power to audible whenever they feel like it and I guess on some plays, Fitz doesn't. I think he should have that power since that is his strength. But Gailey has set plays with no audibles depending on the situation and down. Sometimes, a QB could get too pass happy (see Jim Kelly in SB 25).

That said, SJ can say whatever he wants. He's the man and I'm so happy he is still a Bill. I got love for Fitz but once we get a QB with a real arm, SJ would be a top 10 receiver easily.

OK I saw it, definitely not calling out Fitz. Diplomatically calling out Gailey. Hes right: if Fitz asset is his brain, why isnt he allowed more flexibility calling plays and audibling?

It may work to a degree...But Fitz is still going to miss easy passes he should make...Game-changing plays left on the field...And I still think that is by far Fitz's #1 liability...Championship caliber Football almost demands you make these big plays nowadays...Fitz just can't get the ball down-field with any consistency...And I don't think he ever will... B-)

I think you guys are making a lot out of really nothing. A lot of QBs have the power to audible whenever they feel like it and I guess on some plays, Fitz doesn't. I think he should have that power since that is his strength. But Gailey has set plays with no audibles depending on the situation and down. Sometimes, a QB could get too pass happy (see Jim Kelly in SB 25).

That said, SJ can say whatever he wants. He's the man and I'm so happy he is still a Bill. I got love for Fitz but once we get a QB with a real arm, SJ would be a top 10 receiver easily.

Maybe Fitz would be smart enough to save his offense from a "genius" HC/OC that is too pass happy