And the reason we lost to the Colts was.....

Virgil

Not the Defense. I'll just start there. I could care less that they didn't get a stop at the end. The D gave up 13 points. Any team would take that kind of performance. They weren't perfect by any means, but they did more than enough for any team thinking about the possibility of the playoffs would take.

If anything, I give our Defense HUGE PROPS. These guys are human beings. And while I get they are paid to play, I'm impressed that they don't give up more often. If I knew the lack of support I was going to get on offense, I would just give up. They are better than me.

Now, for the real reason we lost. You guessed it.....Chan, Fitz, and Special Teams

Fitz finally made a deep throw. Finally. I won't even harp on the fact that Stevie had to be wide open and slow down and face the ball to catch it. He made it, so win there. Other than that, Fitz was just plain terrible. Skipping passes. Threw a mind blowing INT. Making throws into pre-snap reads to guys that were outright covered.

Chan's abandoning of the run and playcalling overall was terrible. I get that we can't just line it up and power it in, but we had a series of draws and counters that worked quite well. Spiller broke 100 and we still didn't use him right.

We punted from the 31....'Nuff Said.

Finally, some realities:

~ We only scored 13 points on a defense that was 20th ranked coming into the game

~ Mario Williams got 3 sacks

~Our Defense only gave up 13 points

~A team with only 2 wins last year, a interm head coach just beat us. Yes, a QB makes that much of a difference

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't lose. I'm not a player, owner or employee. THEY lost because they have the second worst owner (Loria takes he cake) in all of sports who has a 50+ year history of losing. He hires people he can control and those he can't, he fires. So he's basically the GM and coach and controls everything. He's the reason THEY lost today and in the past and will until he passes.

Edited by zonabb