The Patriot Way

Hater

I am not hating to just hate so don't use that against me

I don't care what anyone says The Patriots are STILL CHEATING after watching them vs the Jets yesterday yes the Jets are bad & they played bad but if you watched the first quarter its as if the pats knew what the Jets where running before the ball snap

The Patriots have less talent then their Super Bowl Wining Teams but are better then those teams, they lose Top players & coaches to other teams, & none of those Players or Coaches have any success outside of the Patriots

The Patriots have the 20th payroll in the NFL this year, they don't sign top free agents & the ones they have Johnson & Haynsworth never real played, they do Draft good but never great they never get the high Impact player although having high picks from trades & multiples picks

Usually Divisional Opponents play each other evenly but the Pats dominate AFC East & they Pats struggle vs team they rarely play within 3 year or teams with new Head Coaches, Belichick is a great coach but he doesn't do anything special or doesn't doing anything anyone else isn't

So No Team can be this good this long without doing something extra, every team has periods of ups & downs its a fact except the Pats who's worse season is better than most teams best The Patriots are on their way to 10 straight double digit the longest before was 6

You Make up your own decision & beliefs

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats D sure like to hit people in the head. Why not do it if the refs let you.

PTR

i posted this in the game thread, but will repeat it here.

one of the biggest mistakes the NFL made was coining the phrase helmet to helmet instead of defenseless player when they started pushing the head shot angle. in any given game there are literally hundreds of legal shots to the head between ball carriers and blockers. many of those involve helmets hitting each other. a ton of fans (not saying you specifically PTR) dont get the difference between the legal head shots and the illegal because they used the wrong laymens terms at the get go.

Edited by NoSaint

Brady makes a world of difference and their front 7 is better this year then it has been in a few years. I really liked Hightower and wanted the Bilks to draft him although 11 seemed high for him at the time

The Jets gameplan on defense was a lot like the Bills was the first Pats game sitting back trying not to get beat deep n just giving them the run whenever they wanted it which the Pats are doing more of then in recent years as well

one of the biggest mistakes the NFL made was coining the phrase helmet to helmet instead of defenseless receiver. in any given game there are literally hundreds of legal shots to the head between ball carriers and blockers. many of those involve helmets hitting each other. a ton of fans (not saying you specifically PTR) dont get the difference between the legal head shots and the illegal because they used the wrong laymens terms at the get go.

Yeah, it's joke. You breathe on a qb, it's a personal foul. Cheap shot Landry can go head to head and knock a guy out & it's a fumble. The NFL talks out of both sides out it's mouth.

The Pats knew what the Jets were going to run? Is that way the Jets were averaging 5 yard a carry in the first half?

:doh:

That game ended because:

--Bart Scott can't cover a fast RB anymore

--Sanchize forgot which way to turn on a handoff

--The KO returner fumbled and the ball popped right into Edelman's hands

--Landry can't cover a WR 50 yards downfield.

Having a hall of fame QB helps

What about Matt Cassel he took over for Brady after he was injured week 1 in 2008 & went 10-5 they did miss the playoffs but still 10 -5 as a starter 11- 5 overall

The Pats knew what the Jets were going to run? Is that way the Jets were averaging 5 yard a carry in the first half?

:doh:

That game ended because:

--Bart Scott can't cover a fast RB anymore

--Sanchize forgot which way to turn on a handoff

--The KO returner fumbled and the ball popped right into Edelman's hands

--Landry can't cover a WR 50 yards downfield.

I wasn't saying Run the Ball I was saying running offensive & defensive plays

Yes, you certainly do.

What percentage of your posts are devoted to this topic? I bet at least 50%.

The Pats D sure like to hit people in the head. Why not do it if the refs let you.

PTR

Only one player got knocked out of that game--it wasn't a Jet, and it was after a head to head shot by Landry--in a legal hit. What was your point again?

And aren't you the guy who was advocating that someone hit Brady after the play is over?

one of the biggest mistakes the NFL made was coining the phrase helmet to helmet instead of defenseless player when they started pushing the head shot angle. in any given game there are literally hundreds of legal shots to the head between ball carriers and blockers. many of those involve helmets hitting each other. a ton of fans (not saying you specifically PTR) dont get the difference between the legal head shots and the illegal because they used the wrong laymens terms at the get go.

PTR could use the enlightenment, NoSAint.

But you're right-they should either declare all head shots illegal or none of them. It really doens't matter that a runner is not "defenseless"--the head shot does the same damage regardless of this meaningless term.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Sounds like sour grapes. Disparaging the Pats because the Bills suck hind tit, doesn't make the Pats worse or the Bills better. If the Pats had Bills logo on their helmets you'd be extolling their virtues.

Be objective and troothful not biased and deceitful. It is what it is. The Pats know how to win and the Bills DO NOT !!!

Edited by Dr. Trooth

What about Matt Cassel he took over for Brady after he was injured week 1 in 2008 & went 10-5 they did miss the playoffs but still 10 -5 as a starter 11- 5 overall

I wasn't saying Run the Ball I was saying running offensive & defensive plays

Is this supposed to be a sentence?

Years from now the Pats legacy should place it's front office above all else (including Brady). They pull parts out and put parts in and it works. It is frustrating. They have drafted well and they have picked up useful free agents over the years. They keep coming up with these "who the hell is this" players that do damage (especially to the Bills). What if the Bills had Gronk, or Welker? Gronk was the 42nd pick in the 2010 draft. The Bills picked Torell Troup with the 41st pick. Hopefully, one day Troup will emerge as a force? Welker was originally signed as a FA by the Chargers, then picked up be the Dolphins. The Pats have also had very good luck. It is very frustrating. I do like some of what Buddy Nix has done. It is too early to judge some of the guys who may end up being very useful down the road (T.J. Graham). I haven't given up on this season but I do feel the Bills are a monster linebacker and a game breaking wide receiver (Is Marquis Lee leaving USC?) away from being playoff material. I know "what if" is pointless but it's been what? 12 years since the last playoff appaearance?

Yes, you certainly do.

What percentage of your posts are devoted to this topic? I bet at least 50%.

Only one player got knocked out of that game--it wasn't a Jet, and it was after a head to head shot by Landry--in a legal hit. What was your point again?

And aren't you the guy who was advocating that someone hit Brady after the play is over?

PTR could use the enlightenment, NoSAint.

But you're right-they should either declare all head shots illegal or none of them. It really doens't matter that a runner is not "defenseless"--the head shot does the same damage regardless of this meaningless term.

Not even really my point. More so that the verbiage they used screwed the average fan that has no idea what a legal hit is these days. It's not that complicated but the words they used made it much more.

It'd be impossible to get rid of them. Every runner would duck their heads for the call.

Edited by NoSaint

I am not hating to just hate so don't use that against me

I don't care what anyone says The Patriots are STILL CHEATING after watching them vs the Jets yesterday yes the Jets are bad & they played bad but if you watched the first quarter its as if the pats knew what the Jets where running before the ball snap

The Patriots have less talent then their Super Bowl Wining Teams but are better then those teams, they lose Top players & coaches to other teams, & none of those Players or Coaches have any success outside of the Patriots

The Patriots have the 20th payroll in the NFL this year, they don't sign top free agents & the ones they have Johnson & Haynsworth never real played, they do Draft good but never great they never get the high Impact player although having high picks from trades & multiples picks

Usually Divisional Opponents play each other evenly but the Pats dominate AFC East & they Pats struggle vs team they rarely play within 3 year or teams with new Head Coaches, Belichick is a great coach but he doesn't do anything special or doesn't doing anything anyone else isn't

So No Team can be this good this long without doing something extra, every team has periods of ups & downs its a fact except the Pats who's worse season is better than most teams best The Patriots are on their way to 10 straight double digit the longest before was 6

Some would say it would be impossible for a team to not make the playoffs and generally suck for 13 years without some kind of undue influence as well.

Love em or hate em, the pats* are a very well run and coached organization. And it shows.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Sounds like sour grapes. Disparaging the Pats because the Bills suck hind tit, doesn't make the Pats worse or the Bills better. If the Pats had Bills logo on their helmets you'd be extolling their virtues.

Be objective and troothful not biased and deceitful. It is what it is. The Pats know how to win and the Bills DO NOT !!!

I have said this on here many times and the stock answer is I am a closet Pats fan. Wrong. I just want to see the Bills show the same fire in the belly will to win the Pats do. Oh well the Bills are good sportsman and gracious losers. Thats what counts.

I have said this on here many times and the stock answer is I am a closet Pats fan. Wrong. I just want to see the Bills show the same fire in the belly will to win the Pats do. Oh well the Bills are good sportsman and gracious losers. Thats what counts.

say what?

seriously though, they have been the top dog for long enough that you have to give some credit where credit is due.

Edited by NoSaint

say what?

seriously though, they have been the top dog for long enough that you have to give some credit where credit is due.

sir as much as respect as i have for you... No i do not.

When we watched the Pats vs Buffalo it was very telling that the players starting looking at the refs after a play. I also saw the heads starting to droop. Thank goodness Bills did not succumb.

Seemed to me is was another wtf game against Pats that teams have and looking towards referees.

Patriots are not that good. Its the way teams play against them, as individuals, that is the sad affect.

Players back off the last couple years. Not just Brady situation (dont touch me ! )but more so the DBs trying to cover.

Patriots advantage has become mental not so much the team they are fielding of late.

That's just my opinion though.

edited

Edited by 3rdand12

This guy has never had a coherent post.

Is this supposed to be a sentence?

First you should have wrote "He Never Has a Coherent Post" Second he was ask a Question "The Pats knew what the Jets were going to run? I answered "I wasn't saying Run the Ball I was saying running offensive & defensive plays" the answer to his question doesn't need to be in the form of a sentence & this is a Football forum not the New Yorker, I try to stick to just the facts & point without going on some rant that takes an hour to read & speaking of "Never" you never do anything but troll on a thread, you never add anything to a discussion & to Mr WEO this is the first time I posted a thread on the Patriots