Aaron Curry waived by Oakland

he's been on the PUP list for 6 weeks this year and his first game 2 personal fouls and a $23k fine....he had big hopes out of college but from the little i know about him i don't think he's turned into much of anything

He was that years Teo and is now cut by his second team. No positions a lock.

Honestly, ILB is pretty awful in the top ten as far as track records go.

This guy is a bigger bust than Maybin. He may be as big a bust as Mike Williams. Many many prognosticators had him as a lock. Sign him or not it is not likely to make a difference. The LB problem won't be fixed until the off season. We need to get the best out of what we have the rest of the way out. Can the coaches get the team to play in 'prime time' mode the rest of the way out?

This guy is a bigger bust than Maybin. He may be as big a bust as Mike Williams. Many many prognosticators had him as a lock. Sign him or not it is not likely to make a difference. The LB problem won't be fixed until the off season. We need to get the best out of what we have the rest of the way out. Can the coaches get the team to play in 'prime time' mode the rest of the way out?

Zig-zagging all over the place? Mike Williams actually started 55 games in his career, Curry started 39 games in his career and has 191 tackles ... while Maybin never did much of anything at any point in his career and has 11 tackles total. To be a bigger bust than Maybin, you'd have to spontaneously burst into flames walking out to shake the commissioner's hand at Radio City.

I don't think he's the answer either, but "a bigger bust than Maybin" is too extreme.

Safest pick in the draft the year he came out....

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. Not just the safest pick...he was an UNQUESTIONABLE safe pick. Then again, we've heard the pundits rave about Glenn Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Mike Williams, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart and many more. Moral of the story: Pundits whiff.

Zig-zagging all over the place? Mike Williams actually started 55 games in his career, Curry started 39 games in his career and has 191 tackles ... while Maybin never did much of anything at any point in his career and has 11 tackles total. To be a bigger bust than Maybin, you'd have to spontaneously burst into flames walking out to shake the commissioner's hand at Radio City.

I don't think he's the answer either, but "a bigger bust than Maybin" is too extreme.

Fair enough. Curry like Williams while not complete busts are extreme disappointments. Both were picked forth overall and both were agreed by almost all prognosticators to be to be locks and starters for the next 7-10 years.

In the end we are splitting hairs as both Maybin and Curry will both be out of the league by the end of this season. If you consider that the Seahawks 4th pick was more valuable than the Bills 11th then maybe it could be argued that Curry was a bigger bust. I know Maybin was a DE (at 240ish lbs a tweener at best-right?) in the end both teams would have been better off picking any other linebacker in the first round than the one they did. (Orakpo, Cushing, Mathews, Laurinaitis, and even Malaluga in the 2nd).

I know this draft stuff is stupid hindsight but it really is incredible that the Bills don't have better first rounders just through dumb luck...Its like they have picked poorly on purpose.

@Caplannfl

Bills worked out LBs Greg Lloyd, Darryl Blackstock, Adrian Moten, and Quan Sturdivant.

10:51am - 20 Nov 12

They're looking at LBs

Better list than I expected. Not exciting, but I've seen worse.

Edited by NoSaint