how about colt mc coy

Sgt. Ski

YE OLE understands that some here have a greater disdain for Fitz' ability than others, and YE OLE would not argue that an upgrade at QB couldn't greatly improve our chances. That said, this "Anybody but Fitz" mentality is misguided. Have we forgotten how bad a QB can really be? In the 15 years since Kelly retired Fitz is far and away better than anything we've gotten from the QB position outside of Flutie and Bledsoe. We've had a cast of characters here that couldn't eclipse 100-150 yds. passing on a regular basis, and it almost required an act of God to get into the endzone.

If we have a chance to land a guy with a bonafide chance to be an upper echelon QB in this league, by all means lets go for it, but if we're talking about replacing Fitz with the second coming of Van Pelt, Holcolm, or Losman, no thanks.

the guy never got a good shot with new weapons and could be had for a song

We already had a Texas-ex QB in Vince Young -- how did that work out for us?

There is a reason why McCoy isn't playing. If I wanted McCoy I'd also go after Trent Edwards - and how did that turn out for us?

What song would we have to offer up? Better yet who is going to sing it? If Buddy sings, they might pay us to go away. If its Fitz it could get pitchy. I bet Spiller could sing a solid tune though

As a guy who saw a lot of him in college and in Cleveland- no way. He won't make it at this level

I've got it! QUARTERBACKING WITH THE STARS!! Bring in a dozen free agent QBs to compete for the Bills starting job. Ralph can sell tickets! What could go wrong?

PTR

This week's contestant.....Jaaaaaaaamarcus Russell *applause* Jamarcus is wearing a mesh Vick's Formula 44D jersey and Robitussin tube socks....he looks a little woozy but that could be the old "rope a dope".

Lets trade the jets for tim tebow he's a winner. Oh I got it trade the Dolphins for Matt Moore. He's got good potential.. Or better yet David Garrard he won with underwhelming talent in Jax. Imagine what he could do with Spiller.Jackson,Johnson,Chandler and Nelson omg the possibilities. Or trade with NE, they may be willing to pull another Bledsoe trade with Brady, or if they think Brady's got a few more years left we can trade for Ryan Mallett. Who knows about his potential. I know he has a great arm and that's all it takes in BUFFALO!!! You guys already covered the browns, but damn the steelers imagine Byron leftwich here. Wow just talk about a cannon arm thats what we all want here right? Oh man the thought just invigorates me. CMON BUDDY!!! What about trading with the Texans for TJ Yates. I mean christ he almost bought them to the superbowl last year,,,WOW!!! Speaking of superbowls David Carr has a superbowl ring. Give him a shot former top pick, has got to sit behind Eli- te Manning. Just coming in with the ring will give the players in the locker room something to look forward to. Automatic playoffs.. Also Whats Jake Delhomme doing this days. Or if we can pry Matt Hasselbeck from tenn? :rolleyes:

Seriously let's just draft a qb, keep fitzpatrick and let the rookie play his way into the starting job, while building the rest of the team

Edited by Stealth

thank goodness a new board member has joined to add a "we should get...(insert piece of-**** QB name here) chan can work wonders with him"....thread. We have such a shortage of those around here.

I'll give the OP some credit though... he didn't say "Micheal Vick"

Did someone say Vick? Vick and Spiller in the backfield next year ? OKAY!! sign em up

I mean, why limit ourselves to qbs? Maybe megamind will get us a mega awesome new system with no qb.

Wrap your head around that!

I want the Two QB system.

With athetic QBs that can leave the backfield on a route and run.

Its seriously going to be the next step in the NFL eventually; like 2025.

Defenses won't know who to cover who to rush who will run.

QBs like Kapernick, Cam Newtown, RGIII would be dangerous. TJAX and Brad Smith could run a two QB system.

Some nice backward passes before a forward pass bomb.

Would be an interesting way to lose.