I love our qb!

DocLawless

Fitz is a great guy and a leader in the locker room. He's not an elite NFL QB but he isn't garbage either. Most of his stats are in the middle of the NFL QB pack. If we had a better D we'd be 5-4 or 6-3 right now.

PTR

Or if we had a QB who would not throw INTs at the absolute worst time. I don't understand how people cannot comprehend that. As poorly as the defense played, they stopped the Pats twice in the fourth qtr and gave us a chance to win but Fitz pissed it away.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the OP, I also love this QB. But clutch is hardly a descriptor of him. Roethlisberger is clutch. Even if he's playing a bad game, he will, 80 percent of the time, make the big play in the end to seal the deal.

If he's having a bad game the only thing that allows him to be clutch at the end is that his defense has kept them in the game. Ben can throw an INT or two and still have a chance to win. Fitz can't. He has to be "good Fitz" for the Bills to have any chance.

Or if we had a QB who would not throw INTs at the absolute worst time. I don't understand how people cannot comprehend that. As poorly as the defense played, they stopped the Pats twice in the fourth qtr and gave us a chance to win but Fitz pissed it away.

You're giving the D credit for keeping it close - but without Fitz being on fire the entire game they wouldn't have had any chance at the end. You said, "as poorly as the D played they still gave them a chance to win." I say "as poorly as the D played the Bills wouldn't have been in a position to win at the end had the offense not put up 31 points without the aid of a turnover." If the D hadn't pissed the entire game away an INT at the end of the game would have been meaningless. The D makes it so Fitz has to be perfect to win.

I don't understand how people can't comprehend this. Your expectations must be really low if all your asking of them is to not allow another TD to go with the 4 they had already allowed. But no, let's give the D credit for "giving us a chance to win" for holding them to 3 and eating 6 minutes of clock. Hell, they didn't even force a punt - they allowed more points and you're still giving them credit? Had they forced a punt the Bills could have tied it with a FG instead of forcing the ball into coverage at the end of the game.

My mind boggles at how people want to say the "D put them in a position to win."

That being said I don't let Fitz or the O off the hook at the end. I'd like to see them put the team on their back and get a win and they should shoulder a bit of the blame. But the lion's share of mistakes that let to a loss on Sunday were made by the defense.

And that is the bottom line PTR, don't understand how people can't comprehend that.

If Fitz doesn't throw two picks, we are probably 6 - 3.

If he's having a bad game the only thing that allows him to be clutch at the end is that his defense has kept them in the game. Ben can throw an INT or two and still have a chance to win. Fitz can't. He has to be "good Fitz" for the Bills to have any chance.

You're giving the D credit for keeping it close - but without Fitz being on fire the entire game they wouldn't have had any chance at the end. You said, "as poorly as the D played they still gave them a chance to win." I say "as poorly as the D played the Bills wouldn't have been in a position to win at the end had the offense not put up 31 points without the aid of a turnover." If the D hadn't pissed the entire game away an INT at the end of the game would have been meaningless. The D makes it so Fitz has to be perfect to win.

I don't understand how people can't comprehend this. Your expectations must be really low if all your asking of them is to not allow another TD to go with the 4 they had already allowed. But no, let's give the D credit for "giving us a chance to win" for holding them to 3 and eating 6 minutes of clock. Hell, they didn't even force a punt - they allowed more points and you're still giving them credit? Had they forced a punt the Bills could have tied it with a FG instead of forcing the ball into coverage at the end of the game.

My mind boggles at how people want to say the "D put them in a position to win."

That being said I don't let Fitz or the O off the hook at the end. I'd like to see them put the team on their back and get a win and they should shoulder a bit of the blame. But the lion's share of mistakes that let to a loss on Sunday were made by the defense.

The Pats * offense overcame their defensive shortcomings. We had a chance and blew it.

I hear ya ATL! or how about in the Bills 6 loses the offense would have had to score 49, 53, 46, 36, 22, 38 to win those games or avg 40.7 pts per. and people want to rag on the QB as being the problem. there is nothing more to do but just laugh at the simpletons. :w00t:

If that ain't the gospel of the season thus far, I don't know what is.

Good job, sir!

And if Lee Evans makes a catch the Ravens go to the Super Bowl...and if Romo doesn't muff that FG the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl....and if Phillip Rivers doesn't throw 5 picks the Chargers beat the Broncos. You act like no other NFL players makes mistakes at bad times. I already said Fitz is not elite. No one is arguing he is. But he is the QB of the Bills for the rest of the season. So deal with it or find another team to follow.

PTR

This team lost because of sloppy play with penalties, a bad fumble from one o fmy favorites in freddy, and lackluster defense again. For once, we blitzed a bit, but really we threw deeper than we have in weeks, and ran more. Fitz had a good game and as Graham admitted when it was on the damn line took the over vs the under route.

I'm hard on Fitz, but this game he played well. I too want a QB, but there are lot of people to blame befroe him. Too bad as beat them and the titans adn we're still in it.

If Fitz doesn't throw two picks, we are probably 6 - 3.

The Pats * offense overcame their defensive shortcomings. We had a chance and blew it.

Or you could say the Pats D stepped up in crunch time while the Bills D allowed more points.

I can do this all day...

And if Lee Evans makes a catch the Ravens go to the Super Bowl...and if Romo doesn't muff that FG the Cowboys go to the Super Bowl....and if Phillip Rivers doesn't throw 5 picks the Chargers beat the Broncos. You act like no other NFL players makes mistakes at bad times. I already said Fitz is not elite. No one is arguing he is. But he is the QB of the Bills for the rest of the season. So deal with it or find another team to follow

I forgot that Pabst Blue Robot was in charge of who can be a fan and the requirements of Bills fandom.

Me too. End of the day, I openly admit our defense is historically bad. I just think the same of Fitz.

That's where we differ. Fitz is nowhere near historically bad. Imo he's average to slightly below average for an NFL starting QB but people want/hope for an elite QB so they trash him. I understand wanting a better QB but people don't have to make him seem worse than he is to make that point.

That's where we differ. Fitz is nowhere near historically bad. Imo he's average to slightly below average for an NFL starting QB but people want/hope for an elite QB so they trash him. I understand wanting a better QB but people don't have to make him seem worse than he is to make that point.

...Fitzpatrick does a good enough job of that himself.

Kelly would have ripped Spikes Helmet off and spit in it.

Maybe he also would have thrown the winning td and run off of the field holding his fist up with that victory fist pump thing.

I'm sorry. Is endless pissing and moaning about Fitz "fandom?"

PTR

That music is intoxicating can you get me the sound track?

I'd say his W - L record as a starter points to how bad he is.