Texas, and others, are trying to check out.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay taxes is a blue state, but am extremely fiscally conservative. Were Texas to leave the union and institute laws and tax policy I felt to be in line with my guiding philosophy, I'd take my wealth and earning potential to Texas in a cocaine heartbeat. Many like me would do the same.

The fact that you feel the role if the government is the same as the parents of a teenager is rather telling.

I never said it SHOULD be. Can you deny that it currently is?

Wrong.

http://www.ppinys.or...arespending.htm

You posted a link to all federal spending. Not taker spending.

Only Alaska is in top 10 of red states.

If they leave, then all federal funding goes. Not just taker funding.

Then why the hesitation to let them go?

Who is hesitating?

I pay taxes is a blue state, but am extremely fiscally conservative. Were Texas to leave the union and institute laws and tax policy I felt to be in line with my guiding philosophy, I'd take my wealth and earning potential to Texas in a cocaine heartbeat. Many like me would do the same.

No they wouldn't.

No they wouldn't.

Back in the 60's and 70's Montreal was Canada's fastest expanding city. Once the wrong politics were implemented many left. The final blow was handed in the 90's and (whatever is left in 2012). Now Toronto is the fastest growing city and Montreal is a bilingual **** hole.

When the well to do say they're going to leave, they usually do.

Back in the 60's and 70's Montreal was Canada's fastest expanding city. Once the wrong politics were implemented many left. The final blow was handed in the 90's and (whatever is left in 2012). Now Toronto is the fastest growing city and Montreal is a bilingual **** hole.

When the well to do say they're going to leave, they usually do.

Nothing has changed though. And nothing will change. The US has been a social democracy for 40 years and counting. This isn't new to most people, but it is to the fringes apparently.

No one is moving, least of all Tasker.

No they wouldn't.

No, they will; and I'll be first in line.

While I would hesitate to leave to go to another "country" before my expat timeline allows it, Texas, even after leaving the Union, would hardly be like leaving for Europe or even Canada. I lived in Scottsdale, AZ for a few years in my early 20; and visited Texas frequently. If Texas were to adopt a federal tax policy I found favorable, I wouldn't even consider staying. I'd immediately put all my US properties on the market well under their value, and as soon as they sold, I'd be gone. I wouldn't even have to leave my current employer.

What in the world makes you think I'd stay?

Why would Texas need foreign aid?

Oh like maybe when they have catastrophic fires? Gov. Goodhair, maybe soon to be Emperor Goodhair, asked for such aid...alas it hadn't been two weeks since his most recent anti-federal rant about TX not needing the federal government, and hints of secession...so POTUS turned him down.

No, they will; and I'll be first in line.

While I would hesitate to leave to go to another "country" before my expat timeline allows it, Texas, even after leaving the Union, would hardly be like leaving for Europe or even Canada. I lived in Scottsdale, AZ for a few years in my early 20; and visited Texas frequently. If Texas were to adopt a federal tax policy I found favorable, I wouldn't even consider staying. I'd immediately put all my US properties on the market well under their value, and as soon as they sold, I'd be gone. I wouldn't even have to leave my current employer.

What in the world makes you think I'd stay?

1. Because it's fantasy, no state is leaving and the country isn't even changing.

2. Because your balls aren't big enough.

Oh like maybe when they have catastrophic fires? Gov. Goodhair, maybe soon to be Emperor Goodhair, asked for such aid...alas it hadn't been two weeks since his most recent anti-federal rant about TX not needing the federal government, and hints of secession...so POTUS turned him down.

Federal funds are based on policy hostage taking. Texas, and other states, are forced to adhere to federal guidelines on various matters, or they will be denied federal monies which their citizens were taxed for.

The governmental costs of Texas would immediately contract while their tax base exploded as high earners, businesses, and innovators flock there.

Texas doesn't need federal money now, and would need it even less were they not to be burdened by federal policy.

1. Because it's fantasy, no state is leaving and the country isn't even changing.

2. Because your balls aren't big enough.

1. We're speaking in hypotheticals.

2. If you believe moving to Texas requires any sort of courage, you're the most cowardly person I've ever been exposed to. What the hell is so scary or difficult about moving to another area with almost the exact same culture and better laws?

1. We're speaking in hypotheticals.

2. If you believe moving to Texas requires any sort of courage, you're the most cowardly person I've ever been exposed to. What the hell is so scary or difficult about moving to another area with almost the exact same culture and better laws?

I was busting your balls with #2. No offense intended.

Of course Texas asks for aid in emergency situations. They paid into the system for that. That's like saying a Libertarian who worked all his life and was forced to pay into social security for 45 years shouldn't draw after retirement, and is a hypocrite for doing so.

If Texas didn't have to pay into the system, they wouldn't need to cash out.