Texas, and others, are trying to check out.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need help crossing the street too? Read over post #76 in this thread and if it isn't clear then I'll get my niece to explain it to you. (she's 5 years old)

How can you stand to act like that? . I try to have a civil discussion with you. Is that the best you can do. Your a smart guy, why do you choose to act the way you do?

Can't we agree to leave the name calling on the playground. I will from this point forward will not resort to name calling. Will you do the same?

How can you stand to act like that? . I try to have a civil discussion with you. Is that the best you can do. Your a smart guy, why do you choose to act the way you do?

Can't we agree to leave the name calling on the playground. I will from this point forward will not resort to name calling. Will you do the same?

How are you trying to have a civil discussion? You've been making disparaging comments to different posters then trying to walk them back acting as if you don't remember.

Edited by 3rdnlng

• 1 month later...

Sorry Texas, gonna have to fight your way out....

http://news.yahoo.co...-212720777.html

http://abclocal.go.c...tate&id=8954144

let's see....

Jon Carson, director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, issued a response quoting Abraham Lincoln's first inaugural address and a Supreme Court opinion after the Civil War. It said America was created as a "perpetual union," but one that allows people with different beliefs to debate the issues.

"Democracy can be noisy and controversial," Carson said. "Free and open debate is what makes this country work ... But as much as we value a healthy debate, we don't let that debate tear us apart."

from the article... but I have to wonder, what the hell is the office of public engagement???

But also... no one was ever under the illusion that Obama would say ok to any of the petitions let alone the secession ones of which there are quite a few more Mr Carson can cut and paste for... And just wondering aloud... If the states can't leave, once they were stupid enough to join, is it right to allow the people of those states to leave? Am I responsible for an ill advised decision my state made a couple centuries ago?

Heck, as we try to "interpret" the thoughts of the Founders (and ignore their written words) how do we know for sure there's no opt out clause in the true meaning or even the living breathing meaning of the Constitution???

Just wondering aloud....