"The Tipping Point"-Bauerle and Sandy Beach nailed it

The thing this election proved is that we are further down the path to a European style demise than most of us had thought. The recipient class now clearly outnumbers those who actually make their own wealth. I fear that no conservative could ever get elected president again without selling out with promises of government goodies.

I loved the way Rush put it yesterday-You can't expect the recipient class to vote against Santa Clause, especially when Mitt is running on people being their own Santa Claus.

Just out of curiosity, do you even know your effective tax rate?

I think he's find that most people with a mortgage or a couple of kids have an effective federal tax rate in the mid-teens, even without claiming nay capital gains....but don't want to let that get in the way of a good story.

I think he's find that most people with a mortgage or a couple of kids have an effective federal tax rate in the mid-teens, even without claiming nay capital gains....but don't want to let that get in the way of a good story.

Not to mention that Barry could have raised it within that 4-1/2 month period during his first year where he had complete control of Congress. But he didn't. I wonder why...?

Why is anyone surprised that a large percentage of Americans receive some form of government aid?

The initial baby-boomers (b. 1943) are approaching 70 years old. Should the government be depriving them of Social Security and Medicare? I don't think so.

Why is anyone surprised that a large percentage of Americans receive some form of government aid?

The initial baby-boomers (b. 1943) are approaching 70 years old. Should the government be depriving them of Social Security and Medicare? I don't think so.

The initial baby boomers were born in 1946 and have turned 66 and the younger baby boomers were born in 1964 and are only 48 but don't let the facts get in your way.

"Baby boom" birth dates are not "facts" - they are quite open to debate by generational scholars - not just using the U.S. Census Bureau dates.

Baby boomers are considered to be all Americans born between 1946-1964. If you want to change those dates to make your argument go ahead.