"The Tipping Point"-Bauerle and Sandy Beach nailed it

Yet we still have high unemployment. Hmmmm, interesting.

On Bloomberg TV a while back, there was an analysis that a lot of jobs aren't being filled because many workers feel they could do better. Even here where unemployment is 8-9%, restaurant owners can't find enough waiters since no one wants those jobs.

I !@#$ing worked in a bakery night shift to get by while in school.

What a generation.

Actually we don't really know what Mitt typically pays since he refused to show more than a summary of his last two years of returns.

PTT

Ah, Promo doing his periodic drive-by. You are ill-informed, again.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/106654588/Price-Waterhouse-Cooper-Letter-Re-Romney-Taxes-17-Sep-2012

A summary of 20 years of his taxes.

Does the"recipient" class include Romney and his 14 percent tax rate?

Thank you westside for representing the Obama clone, marxist class warfare douche bags perfectly in one line. Romney's alleged 14% he pays this year is way more than you in your lifetime. How is that being a recipient? By my math Romney's the one who is getting fvcked. He pays more in property taxes than you. By a huge margin I would imagine. He also pays more in consumption tax. WTF quit being just another self entitled envious troll and go make it yourself instead of demanding more from others.

Thank you westside for representing the Obama clone, marxist class warfare douche bags perfectly in one line. Romney's alleged 14% he pays this year is way more than you in your lifetime. How is that being a recipient? By my math Romney's the one who is getting fvcked. He pays more in property taxes than you. By a huge margin I would imagine. He also pays more in consumption tax. WTF quit being just another self entitled envious troll and go make it yourself instead of demanding more from others.

Like what kind of consumption tax.

Anyway,I paid 15% last year.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Here's why all the screaming about taxes is silly to me. My whole life (born 1970), income tax has not really changed that siginificantly for working class people--that's through a few different Democrat and Republican administrations. To call Obama or his supporters Marxists is pretty disingenuous. The suggested tax increases for the wealthy are quite meager historically speaking. Still lower than while Reagan was pres. And Republicans talk all day about decreasing the size of the Federal Gov, but I've yet to see it happen.

He averaged 20.2% federal income tax and 8.35% state income tax over the last 20 years. When you add in his charitable donations he's over 38%, not including the taxes you mentioned such as real estate, or sales.

The thing this election proved is that we are further down the path to a European style demise than most of us had thought. The recipient class now clearly outnumbers those who actually make their own wealth. I fear that no conservative could ever get elected president again without selling out with promises of government goodies.

I loved the way Rush put it yesterday-You can't expect the recipient class to vote against Santa Clause, especially when Mitt is running on people being their own Santa Claus.

What this election proved is that less people buy this line of garbage than your crazies thought.

Here's why all the screaming about taxes is silly to me. My whole life (born 1970), income tax has not really changed that siginificantly for working class people--that's through a few different Democrat and Republican administrations. To call Obama or his supporters Marxists is pretty disingenuous. The suggested tax increases for the wealthy are quite meager historically speaking. Still lower than while Reagan was pres. And Republicans talk all day about decreasing the size of the Federal Gov, but I've yet to see it happen.

It's not just tax rate & it's not just Democrats - Domocrats are just worse.

How anyone can look at our national fiscal situation & think you can continue to expand entitlements & cover it all by squeezing business & raising tax rates a few % points, is beyond me. I wish someone could explain the math for me so I can stop stressing out about it.