Ralph is mad that the Bills are losing

I just read the article posted on TBD, that Ralph told Gailey that he is not happy that the Bills are losing. So, does this mean that if the Bills bottom out and finishes 6-10 (or worse) does Ralph tell Nix to fire Gailey (contrary to what Nix said last week), does Ralph fire Nix, or does nothing happen?

I'm mad at Ralph for putting this putrid vomit on the field every sunday

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think we'll win another game? I don't. Their spirit is broken. The lone bright spot is CJ, & Kyle Williams, but they can only do so much. Mario Williams is a non-factor on turf & we have 1 game left on grass @ Miami.

As bad as the Bills currently are.... they are certainly better then the 1-7 Jags with Gabbert at QB, don't forget MJD is gone =W

Don't forget the Texans pounded the Ravens 42-13, and the Bills didn't play to badly against the Texans at Houston. The Biggest problem is Gailey continues to think he has an elite QB behind center and forgets to use his super star RB's...going on 3 years and running!

I'm giving the bills the Rams win at home simply because the Rams have one of the worst offenses, but hey with this team you never know. Still penciling in a W. 5-11 seems about right.

Now that the owner has shown he is aware of the current situation I hope he looks into it further to see that his beloved GM Buddy Nix has made worse choices them GM Marv Levy & Jauron...difficult to believe, but true!

Both Nix & Gailey need to be shown the door so I can at least hope for a better next season.

Edited by Fear the Beard

For the past 12 years, it hasn't mattered who our GM or head coach has been; it seems like we either pick a RB or a CB in the first couple rounds or a crappy DE within rounds two to four. People assume Ralph no longer controls the team, but I often wonder whether he isn't the man behind these horrible picks. I mean, how else can you explain the same drafting year in and year out, regardless of the GM and HC? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe!

Anyway, our RB's always turn out fine, but the CB's are busts every time. So here's hoping we get another RB in Rounds 1-2 this year!

It was only a few months ago where everyone on here was praising nix for his offseason and draft, and excited about the gailey/wanny combo. Now people are calling them redneck hicks and calling for their heads. I am done with this stupid coaching/GM carousel. Just get some better players and stick with what we have.

As long as Ralph is the owner, nothing will change. We aren't going to get a big name coach and/or GM. No one will want to come here with ownership a big question mark, they know whenever ownership changes the GM and Coach are usually sent packing. We are stuck with this for the foreseeable future.

ralph can barely form a coherent sentence

he has only a vague awareness of the status of the team and his weekly phone calls are nothing more than a nuisance and formality that OBD deals with

the notion of ANYONE in the bills organization being accountable for ANYTHING is a joke

it doesn't matter how bad fitz is or chan is no one is going anywhere

You are completely wrong about this, just so you know.

You are completely wrong about this, just so you know.

Bandit, image is reality. I'm guessing from your past posts you have some kind of personal connection and I'm sure if you do, it's not easy to read this stuff. But good man or not, Ralph is a bad owner. And futility reigns until he's not the owner. That reality frustrates.

I laughed when I read that the eagles were considered the current laughing stock of the NFL. OBD can't even get irrelevant right.

I love how you guys make fun of the South. I live in Atlanta, was born in Buffalo and raised in a very Italian/Northern atmospere.

A. The south and in particular the SEC has the best talent in the country. If you arguee that you are just being silly. There is nothing wrong with drafting guys from the south, just got to pick the right ones!

B. Nix and Gailey do work well together, but it seems Gailey does not work well with Wanny.

C. Nix worked in San Diego for years, to call him a country bumpkin or anything else is also silly. I wonder what you were saying about him back in March?

Ralph should be angry so should we all. I think a vast majority of us thought this year would be different due to talent upgrades. No not a Super Bowl year, but also not another 6-10 year. The problem is coaching. Talent is here, that is my only hope maybe we can get a good coach. He will demand the Bills make a trade to draft at least one of the top 2 qb's coming out. Then sign on the dotted line. Oh i can dream!

After we finish 4-12 Ralph fires the lot of em and hires Polian back who hires Bruce Arians for HC and drafts Landry Jones and we all live happily ever after. ( 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) please, and that new stadium too)

Sounds good to me. Time for the "Good Ol' Boys" to be put down...

As long as Ralph is the owner, nothing will change. We aren't going to get a big name coach and/or GM. No one will want to come here with ownership a big question mark, they know whenever ownership changes the GM and Coach are usually sent packing. We are stuck with this for the foreseeable future.

I pretty much feel the same way.

So what are our choices - I say we make the best of it and pray the NHL Lockout ends soon! (kidding)

Seriously. Looking at our schedule this year, we expected to be 4-4 today, right? The only loss we "should have won" was Tennesee. So instead we're 3-5 and facing the Pats.

Now don't laugh, but I really believe they can beat the Pats IF they get their heads out of their arses, play with some heart (like they did early last year) and avoid playing NOT TO LOSE! Remember the days when 'they' said Fitz was a 'gun slinger'? When was the last time anyone thought that, much less uttered the words?

I really believe that our pre-season beliefs are true and the Bills are on the right path, but for some reason we've become afraid to win. Which intuitively makes no sense at all. (See the movie "The Replacements", Keanu Reeves called it 'quicksand'.) But with this team, we've seen it so much over the last 10 years. Whenever they approach being good (remember last year when Gaily said we need to see how the players deal with success after the Raiders/Pats victories), we collapse.

Someone at one Bills Drive needs to raise hell. Buddy said damn last week! Not what I have in mind, but maybe he'll get a little madder!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many of the players are underperforming. There is no real leadership. Fitz is a great guy, but until he throws the ball more than 6 yds on average, no one can take him seriously as a leader. Fred - OK, but other than Walter Payton, there really haven't been many RB's that come to mind as effective leaders, and now, most feel he should be 2nd string.

Special Team leaders are not team leaders.

On Defense who do we have? Dareus has disappeared. We love him and feel for his brother/family but (did you know) he is the only top five pick from last year's draft that wasn't named to a pro bowl squad!!!! Mario is (1) too new and (2) walks softly and doesn't carry a stick or a right arm evidently (though we did see signs of life in Houston, I hope it wasn't his best or a payback effort - he needs to build on that game). Kelsy IS a leader, but he's not good enough to be followed. Kyle Williams needs to kick his linemates in the arse and get more vocal, he has the cache to do it, but hasn't. Barnett, please, I like him as the 3rd best LB IF we had 2 other NFL caliber LB's. And DB's? Byrd maybe the X-Factor - he IS very good, but I don't know much about how opinionated he is and whether he has leadership potential.

A dearth of leadership. Until someone speaks up, holds himself and fellow players accountable, until the coaches do the same and play to win, we'll continue to see this meandering product. (We need the Godfather (Brando) to grab them by the shirt collars and tell them to "act like a man!") Buddy, I mean YOU need to do this!!!

Someone has to get mad as hell and start smacking opponents around - get more physical - it's contagious. Coaches need to sit those who under perform - they sat McKelvin, but not Williams who kept getting burned. Sit Dareus, and let him spell Carrington - I don't think it would take him too long to get ticked and elevate his play. This team isn't good enough to have any untouchable players - sit the underperformers. We all know we can lose a lopsided game just as easily with 2nd stringers!!

But time is running short, we can deal with 3-6 after this Sunday, but after that there is no margin for error, the gimme schedule has disappeared (because those 'bad' teams are improved now) and the Bills will need to elevate their play. I believe our Offensive and Defensive Lines need to impose their wills on the team. I'm talking Wood/Levitre on Offense and Kyle Williams/Mario and Kelsay on Defense. If nothing else, they're bigger than their teammates, so maybe they'll listen and follow. It's our only hope.

Winning is the only thing to cure our current situation. We actually have some good players and coaches - but you'd never know it by how they're playing now. Start competing, don't be afraid to lose, get mad and things will turn around. Ralph's patience will be rewarded and we won't need another coaching staff for the next 3 years.

We can B word and moan all we want, but the fact remains - nothing will change here until the CURRENT GROUP get's its act together. Before the season started, we all billieved. Now that the 1st Half is over, its time to become a 2nd Half team. Frankly, there's nothing to lose. We don't expect to win more than 5-6 games, so they should just go out and let it all hang out - it could snowball into something good.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

I just read the article posted on TBD, that Ralph told Gailey that he is not happy that the Bills are losing. So, does this mean that if the Bills bottom out and finishes 6-10 (or worse) does Ralph tell Nix to fire Gailey (contrary to what Nix said last week), does Ralph fire Nix, or does nothing happen?

I am not being sarcstic but Ralph has been consistently mad. He was mad at Polian, mad at Butler. Mad when we didn't have enough talent. He was really mad at Donahoe. Didn't like Greg Williams. Mad at Mularkey. Now he's mad again.

Whatever. Nothing will change until he is not the owner. His record is very consistent. Snnnnnooooooooooozzzzzeeeeeeeeeeee

Go Bills.

Bandit, image is reality. I'm guessing from your past posts you have some kind of personal connection and I'm sure if you do, it's not easy to read this stuff. But good man or not, Ralph is a bad owner. And futility reigns until he's not the owner. That reality frustrates.

I laughed when I read that the eagles were considered the current laughing stock of the NFL. OBD can't even get irrelevant right.

I take zero issue with the criticism Wilson receives for how he's run the team...none whatsoever.

I only took issue with the idea that Wilson is unaware or uninvolved in what goes on with the team. He trusts Nix, Brandon, etc. to run the show, but I guarantee you that he not only knows fully well what's going on with the team, but he also knows that both he and fans are getting impatient for a winner.

I didn't believe Ralph was getting slow in his old age, but I was wrong. It took him what 12+years to get mad because the Bills were losing?

It was only a few months ago where everyone on here was praising nix for his offseason and draft, and excited about the gailey/wanny combo. Now people are calling them redneck hicks and calling for their heads. I am done with this stupid coaching/GM carousel. Just get some better players and stick with what we have.

Who is going to find those better players? Look at the last 3 drafts!

When Chuck Knox got here the team was way worse then 7-9. They were 3-11 and had some real bums on the roster. Knox figured out who was good, who was bad, and turned around the team in 2 years. 5-11, 7-9 to 11-5 and playoffs.

When Bill Polian took over he fired Hank Bullough after 9 games in 86, 4-12, hired Marv Levy and they went 7-8 in 87, 12-4 in 88.

The point here is when you have a bad team with bad players it goes pretty quickly to get rid of the bums, find the quality players to fit in. Levy did it with Jim Ringo as OC, Walt Corey as DC. So the OC didn't change, just the HC and some players. Good coaches make a positive impact right away.

Gailey took over and the team went from 6-10 to 4-12. All Gailey / Nix changed was like 8 players on the roster in 2010 and one was a starting LB. So as bad as Jauron was, Gailey proved his first year he was a worse coach.

Considering Buddy Nix has spent most of the draft picks on defense the last 3 years and they are now the worst defense in the league! What does that tell you?

Ralph Wilson should be mad, he should be very very mad at Nix and his 100 million dollar DE who is nicknamed Mr Invisible as a Buffalo Bill. Along with the 2nd worst defense in the NFL, and 3rd worst special teams in the NFL

Edited by Fear the Beard

I love your passion (and I'd love to have a "bloodthirsty" head coach as well) but I honestly think Cowher has a nice gig and wouldn't leave that chair for just "any team". Plus, although some may disagree, present day football has alot of stunts, blitzes, reads, schemes that I think are way above Bill Cowher's head right now...he's been out of the game for 5 years now I think?? Kinda like how Wanny was in college for 5 years and we decided to get him back in the NFL...we now see how that turned out...dude is consulting circa 1998 NFL strategy guides on how to blitz.

I agree Cowher is unlikely to come. If he did, I think he'd have his choice of almost any DC he wanted so I'm not too worried about the game passing him. But my passion/optimism that this, or something similar could happen is the thing that keeps me going. Plus, it saves Ralph from having to do the work himself. Find someone like Cowher (or Gruden) that knows a lot of NFL people and that ppl would want to work for, and let them be GM/Coach, whatever and hire people around them.

I am all for a new everything

I just hope and pray one thing does not happen:

No more Cali QB's.....NO MORE! I know Barkley is good, don't care...we're not a fit, and this has been proven!

NO USC QB'S. When was the last good one?!?!?!

I am not being sarcstic but Ralph has been consistently mad. He was mad at Polian, mad at Butler. Mad when we didn't have enough talent. He was really mad at Donahoe. Didn't like Greg Williams. Mad at Mularkey. Now he's mad again.

Whatever. Nothing will change until he is not the owner. His record is very consistent. Snnnnnooooooooooozzzzzeeeeeeeeeeee

Go Bills.

perhaps he brings back Polian. Since he let him on the Wall. Bring him back!!