Game Day thread @ Houston: Our Season in One Game

I wouldn't give him grief for kicking the FG there when they had just given up a sack that had forced him to use his last time out since another sack ends the half with no points.

I don't know when exactly he actually called the timeout and I'm not convinced you do either.

I'm going by the fact that there were 9 seconds left....

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He signaled for the TO at 9 seconds, the clock then continued to run. He had a conversation with the official, and they reset the clock to 9.

Am I 100% certain? No. But my logic follows the chronology.

So maybe he wanted time put back on the clock to take a shot at the endzone but then changed his mind when he only got 4 more seconds cuz he didn't want to risk another sack.

Wow, he's awful. <_<

Calls TO and kicks the field goal with 9 seconds when he should have either had one more play to the end zone (it was 2nd down) or let the clock go to 3 seconds and then call the TO.

In defense of Chan.....which normally I dont do--He could have wanted that 9 secs to think about whether he was gonna go for the endzone or just settle for the FG. The TO gave him time to think it over.

!@#$. Chan you are the worst clock manager in the game. Why in the blue hell would you argue to put 6 extra seconds back on the clock? Did you want to kick off to Texas that badly?

He was arguing with the ref NOT to put the time back on. But please, rant away. It's so entertaining.

I don't recall them showing Chan on TV giving a TO signal?? How do you know one of the players didn't call the TO on the field with nine seconds left??

It's really funny as soon as that play happened I thought to myself I'll bet the typical morons here will be screaming about CG's clock management when there is no way to know who called the TO. I had faith in many of you.

Calls TO and kicks the field goal with 9 seconds when he should have either had one more play to the end zone (it was 2nd down) or let the clock go to 3 seconds and then call the TO.

He signaled for the TO at 9 seconds, the clock then continued to run. He had a conversation with the official, and they reset the clock to 9.

Am I 100% certain? No. But my logic follows the chronology.

So maybe he wanted time put back on the clock to take a shot at the endzone but then changed his mind when he only got 4 more seconds cuz he didn't want to risk another sack.

Wow, he's awful. <_<

i agree with your logic on this one. there is enough to criticize chan about. this wasnt one of those times