Dareus Disses Chan?

RyanC883

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8579380/steve-spurrier-says-alabama-crimson-tide-beat-nfl-teams

At the bottom of the Article, he notes that Alabama could hang with the team, and that the players are well-disciplined and coached. Meanwhile, Kelsay called out Bills players this week for being un-disciplined. Was he intentionally, or subconsciously stating that Chan is not a good coach?!?!

Read into things much? He was just answering a question about his former team...

The actual quote from Dareus, FWIW:

"I don't know if they could compete with an NFL team, but they're more disciplined than most NFL football teams," Dareus told the Buffalo News. "They'd stick in a game with a few teams. They're just coached real well."

Saban is an absolute control freak and perfectionist. This shows on the field where he expects the same from his players. I'm not sure that the "my way or the highway" approach works in today's NFL. Saban floppped in Miami.

Right now, I can't see any reason that Chan will be our HC next year.

I would be dumbfounded if they bring him back.

CBF

The basic problem is that no qualified coach will want to work with an incompetent GM like Buddy. The only hope is to bring in a new GM and clean house.

Read into things much? He was just answering a question about his former team...

"I don't know if they could compete with an NFL team, but they're more disciplined than most NFL football teams," Dareus told the Buffalo News. "They'd stick in a game with a few teams. They're just coached real well."

Thank you for actually printing the text of the comments. The OP provided his own analysis contrary to the actual quote.

Yes, the quote was a little curious but a Big LEAP to call it Dissing Chan.

1) Thanks for presenting the actual text.

2) The Bills have committed the 4th fewest penalites. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/totalPenalties/position/defense

3) If you honestly think a college team can compete with a NFL team, you're an idiot. The best college team will see only 10 guys (that's very generous) or so who actually become NFL starters. I would love to see that game though just to stop all that nonsense. The NFL would physically dominate the college boys. Boys vs. men.

Saban is an absolute control freak and perfectionist. This shows on the field where he expects the same from his players. I'm not sure that the "my way or the highway" approach works in today's NFL. Saban floppped in Miami.

Carroll flopped w/ the Jets before his success at USC and now he's on the way to rebuilding Seattle. I'd take Saban. I doubt he'd have any interest though. He is the most well-loved person in Alabama since Bear Bryant.

Yes, the quote was a little curious but a Big LEAP to call it Dissing Chan.

hence the "?" at the end of it. It was intended to start conversation.

Carroll flopped w/ the Jets before his success at USC and now he's on the way to rebuilding Seattle. I'd take Saban. I doubt he'd have any interest though. He is the most well-loved person in Alabama since Bear Bryant.

hence the "?" at the end of it. It was intended to start conversation.

Saban is a giant POS though. It's well-documented. Carroll, on the other hand, is awesome and doesn't treat players like pieces of meat. I actually saw him in Cali a few years back just riding on a bike with giant wheels. I would have loved to play for a guy like that.

1) Thanks for presenting the actual text.

2) The Bills have committed the 4th fewest penalites. http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

3) If you honestly think a college team can compete with a NFL team, you're an idiot. The best college team will see only 10 guys (that's very generous) or so who actually become NFL starters. I would love to see that game though just to stop all that nonsense. The NFL would physically dominate the college boys. Boys vs. men.

Committing few penalties and having discipline to be in the correct place at the correct times at two vastly different things. But, I totally agree with your college team idea. They should just have the game to get it over with. Alabama vs. ?? perhaps. I think Spurrier just said that to stir up controversy at Alabama. Seems odd, but he knows it's not true.

Saban is a giant POS though. It's well-documented. Carroll, on the other hand, is awesome and doesn't treat players like pieces of meat. I actually saw him in Cali a few years back just riding on a bike with giant wheels. I would have loved to play for a guy like that.

If Saban is such a POS why does he continually have the top recruiting classes in the country?

Say what you want but Donte Whitner saying what he said probably got to some of the younger players on the Bills.

Maybe players like Barnett arent buying in either when he said he is not a robot and will continue to try and make plays even though the coaching call tells him to do something else.

That really gets the heart of the matter IMO. These system guy coaches who restrict athleticism on the field in favor "coachable" players. It's how you have your most important positions on offense and defense (QB & MLB), occupied by guys who lack the requisite physical skills.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack