[closed]Mario Williams getting crushed by Bills Fans on Twitter

CHECK OUT THIS BILLS FANS CRUSHING MARIO ON TWITTER, IS THIS FAIR? I know the guy has been crappy at time but the season is young. We didn't give him the benefit of the doubt, we automatically began slaying him. CRAZY

http://espn.go.com/b...ng-twitter-heat

Buffalo Bills defensive end Mario Williams hasn't tweeted since July 23. That’s probably a good thing, because Williams is getting drilled for his sub-par play on Twitter.

Williams was celebrated as the biggest offseason signing in Bills history. He inked a $100 million contract with Buffalo but has disappeared more often than not. The Bills are 3-4 and Williams and the defense has underachieved. Williams also has complained about a wrist injury that got the team fined and recently resulted in minor surgery.

Edited by Just Jack

Because it upsets me

Bills fans need to stop, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I have talked with an agent of a player on our team who said the worst part of Buffalo is the fans, and to be honest that hurts a little bit. There are people that believe the fans suck, because if they are playing good everyone is happy, but the first loss, the world is turned upside down and all these negative nancy's come out. That sucks, as a die hard fan, let them play football. We have no control over how Mario plays. If he was hurt that is one thing, but if he comes out and gets three sacks and we win, then he is god. That is Buffalo fans though, I root for him period, because at least he gave us the time of day to come here. Not many free agents do that, it might have been the 100 million that lured him, but the Bills fans were the ones before saying Ralph was cheap. Now you want to get the 100 million back. SO WHAT IS IT?

Edited by Damond Talbot

Because it upsets me

Bills fans need to stop, give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I have talked with an agent of a player on our team who said the worst part of Buffalo is the fans, and to be honest that hurts a little bit. There are people that believe the fans suck, because if they are playing good everyone is happy, but the first loss, the world is turned upside down and all these negative nancy's come out. That sucks, as a die hard fan, let them play football. We have no control over how Mario plays. If he was hurt that is one thing, but if he comes out and gets three sacks and we win, then he is god. That is Buffalo fans though, I root for him period, because at least he gave us the time of day to come here. Not many free agents do that, it might have been the 100 million that lured him, but the Bills fans were the ones before saying Ralph was cheap. Now you want to get the 100 million back. SO WHAT IS IT?

Dude...No disrespect...But it's the internet...There is no stopping it... ;)

Because it upsets me

I like this post. Those fans that lash out on twitter are pathetic. The guy came here to play and he's not the only player underperforming. He is dealing with an injury that would have an impact for a pass rusher so people need to relax and let things play out. He will be fine

Because it upsets me

Well, first don't include myself in that argument on cutting him. But becoming the highest paid player on the defensive side comes with some expectations. Warranted or not. He's been invisible, Seems injured but then not really injured. Then today says he's way better, just a few days after a procedure.But, most importantly Mario is playing for a team, and fans that expected a lot this season.

I really don't feel sorry for the guy, he's a man playing a mans game but his 'tude isn't helping him one bit.

Myself, I think it's coaching and a locker room that isn't buying this coaching staff's message. Plus most know he never was going to be superman anyways.

See this is what I mean when I say Bills fans drive players out of town. Think Mario is happy he signed with us now? This **** makes me ashamed to be a Bills fan

You should actually read these comments in Walkers hack piece. The guy sucks as a writer, cherrypicks just a few comments and writes another ESPN hit piece. You're over reacting to what any city would respond to. Who knows there may be double the tweets in support, Walker won't tell you that. Plus the Art of trolling even on twitter is alive and well. Relax.

See this is what I mean when I say Bills fans drive players out of town. Think Mario is happy he signed with us now? This **** makes me ashamed to be a Bills fan

Dude I know you're old school on this site and I respect you, but are you serious?

This is Buffalo. This is not the New York Yankees and Alex Rodriguez. The ACTUAL media has been gentle on the guy. We now live in an era in which social media is part of the game, like it or not. You act as if there is another team in the NFL that if Mario Williams inked a $100 million contract and then played like he was acting in a football film in which he was supposed to play a defensive end who was getting stood up at the line so that the running back could breeze by him, that the fans would support him. This is a situation here folks. Could you imagine if this was happening in Philly?!? You think those fans would make him feel warm and cozy? Give me a break dude. And we should know as much as anyone that all it takes is one (one troll drove Tim Graham off of this site forever). So if Mario Williams signed with the Chargers and was under-achieving there, you're confident that every 15 year-old Chargers fan who had access to twitter would be like, "it's cool Mario, I still love you #don't_worry_Mario_will_pan_out_at_some_point? Get friggin real man.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Dude I know you're old school on this site and I respect you, but are you serious?

This is Buffalo. This is not the New York Yankees and Alex Rodriguez. The ACTUAL media has been gentle on the guy. We now live in an era in which social media is part of the game, like it or not. You act as if there is another team in the NFL that if Mario Williams inked a $100 million contract and then played like he was acting in a football film in which he was supposed to play a defensive end who was getting stood up at the line so that the running back could breeze by him, that the fans would support him. This is a situation here folks. Could you imagine if this was happening in Philly?!? You think those fans would make him feel warm and cozy? Give me a break dude. And we should know as much as anyone that all it takes is one (one troll drove Tim Graham off of this site forever). So if Mario Williams signed with the Chargers and was under-achieving there, you're confident that every 15 year-old Chargers fan who had access to twitter would be like, "it's cool Mario, I still love you #don't_worry_Mario_will_pan_out_at_some_point? Get friggin real man.

I agree. It would be interesting to search out "@mark sanchez" or "@timtebow" to see some of the comments made about these guys....shoot, Tebow doesn't even play (much) and he still has his share of haters. Yes, Buffalo fans are fickle...but we have suffered through mediocrity for 12 seasons, cold snowy days at the Stadium and multiple coaches/QB's only to have one of the biggest (and most expensive) free agents sign here ever. The fact that he complained about "hands to the face" in the first game of the season was a bad omen...it has gone downhill from there. I'll wait for another few games before I agree with these "Tweeters".

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.