Mario Williams is the cancer that is dragging this Defense down

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills front office? Have y'all not been following the NFL for the last decade?

LOL!! Yessir, I have! Then again it was y'alls front office that whooped the Oilers asses on a few occasions (Much love and respect to Marv Levy). Granted, the Texans are not the Oilers (Who now go by the name of Titans in Tinnabreedsee - or the "Titans" which according to Greek Mythology equals "the Inbred children from Uranus", but I digress...

If any Bills fans come in town for the game,... PLEASE come visit the Blue Crew in the Platinum Lot. We treat visitors well.... C'mon!!

Agreed. I've never been a big Mario fan but I'm willing to cut him some slack, at least until next year.

Nice post, sounds about right... I've never seen him in beast mode though, but then again I haven't seen a lot of Texans games compared to other teams.

Yeah man.. Mario is a "nice" player... He's NOT what y'all payed for him. (Damn Bro, he barely, if at all... justified his 6 years $54 million). As an aside, some wonder if he didn't pick Buffalo because (obviously more money), but also (AND I MEAN NO OFFENSE) that Buffalo was a smaller market and wouldn't be critiqued as hard there..... Which is really silly considering Houston is a huge city, with a really SOFT sports mesia..

And BTW, again............... aside from "that game" here in Houston, we wish y'all no "ill-will"... See y'all in about a week and a half!!

*AHEM*

GO TEXANS!! ;)

I could care less about Mario Williams! Never liked the signing, just an overpaid lazy a$$! I wish we would just cut his a$$ so he would go away! He got his money and of course he does not care.Just wish he would go away, he should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Bruce Smith. Mario Williams is a lazy, overpaid, overrated, piece of sh@t!

If its just money he could've quit 6 years ago. Heck, even just a year ago he busted butt to learn a whole new position with 50m already in his pocket.

Maybe your comments are a bit reactionary. Kind of like when T.Edwards said "I'm not a Bills fan", And that was taken out of context.

Mario is no fat Albert. He's committed, who isn't disappointed in his play? But, he hasn't quit.

Youre right he hasn't quit - you have to actually participate in something for a period of time in order to quit don't you?

I'm getting pretty sick of all the Mario Williams bashing. While his play has not blown anybody away, what did we expect, 2 sacks a game? Give him time. People were all over has *ss after like 1 game, it's ridiculous. To be quite honest if a whole fanbase started bashing me after a couple poor performances, I'm not sure how motivated I would be. Sorry to say it, but I think the fan bashing players decreases their desire to play hard. Give him time. We're 7 games in and he has 3.5 sacks. That's not that bad. I am behind Mario. I do think the defense as a whole has not played with high effort and that better change, but I am not jumping on the Mario-bashing bandwagon. I think he is a high character guy.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don't think it was directly pointed to Mario Williams. I also believe that Mario regardless of his play was going to garnish a lot of divide from the team. He comes in and is the by far the highest paid player on the team without ever taking a snap with the team, that doesn't settle well with players, especially one who's been here for a while. I honestly think that Kelsay is calling out everyone on the defense except for Kyle Williams, Jairus Byrd, and Stephon Gilmore. Everyone else has taken a step back at the very least.

I guess I better not read what you read then...we're in year one of this guy...I'm not ready to hack on him yet.

I do know that I've watched him pretty closely these first seven games and I don't understand what he's doing half the time....I really don't understand how this has happened....this guy was supposed to be an elite pass rusher.

I heard the post game comments from him. Sounds like typical frustration after a bad game to me...he basically said he didn't care what expectation others had of him because he has expectations of his own. Shouldn't read too much into post game frustration, especially when the expectations may have been inflated because of the off-season pick ups. Which begs to question, how does a perennial pro-bowler and up & coming passer rush (Anderson) suddenly become ineffective? Does Scheme, coaching & timing of defensive play calls have any effect upon performance? Fans are quick to point out the big payday these guys receive but forget the drive and recognition these guys crave from their peers. Coaching, strategy and timing of the calls has much to do with a player's success.Do you think the Saints would have struggled out of the gate with Peyton at the helm? How bout Wade in Houston, Harbaugh...these guys have basically the same players the previous coach had they just made better use of the talent. Flame away boys...

Our new found Super hero that was brought in via a $100 million contract is living in a very large shadow that i am thinking he doesn't have a chance of getting out from under as long as he is in Buffalo .

And that shadow is that of none other than the Bills HOF DE BRUUUUUUUCE Smith . And that is one hell of a shadow !!!

I would be willing to bet you that if we gave Bruce half of what Mario is making in his contract Bruce could come back & do at least as much as Mario is doing & he has been retired for what 10 yrs ??

I hate to bash but to this point if the guy had a major injury like a ankle , groin , ribs or something more than a wrist i could give him a pass but as long as he is here every one of us is going to expect Bruce Smith like production & i don't know that he has that kind of play in him .

What say you ???

Merriman will save the day.

Bringing him back just shows you how very low this team has sunk?

Our new found Super hero that was brought in via a $100 million contract is living in a very large shadow that i am thinking he doesn't have a chance of getting out from under as long as he is in Buffalo .

And that shadow is that of none other than the Bills HOF DE BRUUUUUUUCE Smith . And that is one hell of a shadow !!!

I would be willing to bet you that if we gave Bruce half of what Mario is making in his contract Bruce could come back & do at least as much as Mario is doing & he has been retired for what 10 yrs ??

I hate to bash but to this point if the guy had a major injury like a ankle , groin , ribs or something more than a wrist i could give him a pass but as long as he is here every one of us is going to expect Bruce Smith like production & i don't know that he has that kind of play in him .

What say you ???

First time I have heard him compared to Bruce. Different time, different dollars, and for sure different coaching staffs. Not saying Mario hasn't been useless, but I don't think he is under any "shadow" of Bruce. If Fitz' under Kelly's shadow (he sure would fit), Fred under Thurman's? Wood under Hull's? etc.

Although his teamates did not mention his name, it is obvious to me that they are calling Mario out now for not putting forth any effort "I don't care who you are".

He needs to be benched immediately to make a statement but we all know Chan will not go there. Hell, if his teammates see the effort he is putting forth and

knowing what he is making, don't you think that they are going to say - Why should I play 100% ?

When you make that kinda coin you'd better **** gold dubloons! If I were better performing players earning a few milion, I'd be miffed.