Mario Williams is the cancer that is dragging this Defense down

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MArio has started off better in Buffalo than Peppers did in Chicago!

Right. Sort by sacks ---> become expert. Makes since seeing as how Peppers didn't get to play the 2012 Cardinals - one of the worst OL's in modern history.

Never mind that he was actually getting doubled teamed or that he helped Izzy Idonije have a career year or that the defense wasn't a pathetic dumpster fire.

Edited by BuffOrange

he never was advertised as a leader, in fact when they signed him the knock was he was not a leader, at least not vocally.

If you are making 100 mil on a team with no leaders you better learn to open your mouth and say something when players are slacking off. He became a leader the moment he signed his 100 million dollar contract - advertised or not. Why the hell does he think he is worthy of that kind of money? To just show up here and go through the motions? Certainly he knew signing a contract of that magnitude would automatically raise expectations. He isn't even playing at an "average" level here. Sit his ass on the bench, sign any FA and play him. Things wouldn't get any worse.

If Gailey has any hope of saving this season, he needs to start someone else at end

next week against Houston. If not, he loses this team, the season, and his job. He can even make up some lame ass excuse like Mario is having menstrual pains.

Yes. He's the one having menstrual pains. Clearly not anyone else.

If you are making 100 mil on a team with no leaders you better learn to open your mouth and say something when players are slacking off. He became a leader the moment he signed his 100 million dollar contract - advertised or not. Why the hell does he think he is worthy of that kind of money? To just show up here and go through the motions? Certainly he knew signing a contract of that magnitude would automatically raise expectations. He isn't even playing at an "average" level here. Sit his ass on the bench, sign any FA and play him. Things wouldn't get any worse.

He thinks he is worth that kind of money, because the Bills told him he was, to them.

Mario = Albert Hanneworth

Not quite..I think Mari0 is at least in shape to play football.....He could probably pass that pathetic conditioning test Hanesworth flunked badly when he was in Washington. Thats the only edge I'll give him over Hanesworthless.

We as fans care & spent our money to help pay your beyond bloated wage:

http://profootballta...s-expectations/

I'd IR him on that injury & do a settlement at a later time, it's a nice way of saying that we no longer have any expectations for you as well.

I'm defending him on this one. He is as frustrated as we are.

It's a team effort and the team right now--stinks!

I'm defending him on this one. He is as frustrated as we are.

It's a team effort and the team right now--stinks!

As per the total record right now, agreed. As per him isolating himself as an island that cannot hear outside messages, that's just too far off base. Part of our team's success is understanding that over-paid players that under-play their contract by a wide-margin, that's another story. His inability to pressure our opposing QB's has limited our ability to succeed, which falls directly on him. We're placing the man in key places to succeed on the field, he's not there to win friends.

I'm not here to troll, but I was kinda surprised y'all spent so much money on Mario. We loved him here in Houston (He's a great guy and we still believe he was the best pick during the 2006 draft (v. Reggie Bush or dare I say hometown hero - VY aka "Radio")... Clearly he was the best choice. That said, he barely warranted his 6 year $54 million contract (all of which he realized) and then y'all offered him another 6 years worth $100 million.... 50(ish) garaunteed???

I've seen where many of hopeful posters hold-out that he's injured or playing with nagging injuries. That's fine. Did Y'alls Front Office not do their 'Due Dilligence'? He's always had a a convenient "nagging issue"...

This just in..... Mario will come up with a big game now and a again, but more often than not... it will be an insignecant game.....

That said, he'll go beast mode in about a week and a half..... Surely, he'll record 3 or 4 tackles and probably a sack or three....

Again Bills fans.... BTW I hate you for the Oilers debacle :)

Mario has always played it safe.

I hope for a good game with NO MORE GOTT DOG Injuries!!

He simply isnt good enough to be on the field. Whether it effort or injury or he just isn't good, he shouldnt be on the field until he can play better.

Kelsay, Carrington, Moore could and SHOULD take his place until he can play like an NFL caliber DE again.

I could care less about Mario Williams! Never liked the signing, just an overpaid lazy a$$! I wish we would just cut his a$$ so he would go away! He got his money and of course he does not care.Just wish he would go away, he should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Bruce Smith. Mario Williams is a lazy, overpaid, overrated, piece of sh@t!

So you would have run Julius Peppers out of Chicago too? MArio has started off better in Buffalo than Peppers did in Chicago!

Give it some time.

Agreed. I've never been a big Mario fan but I'm willing to cut him some slack, at least until next year.

I'm not here to troll, but I was kinda surprised y'all spent so much money on Mario. We loved him here in Houston (He's a great guy and we still believe he was the best pick during the 2006 draft (v. Reggie Bush or dare I say hometown hero - VY aka "Radio")... Clearly he was the best choice. That said, he barely warranted his 6 year $54 million contract (all of which he realized) and then y'all offered him another 6 years worth $100 million.... 50(ish) garaunteed???

I've seen where many of hopeful posters hold-out that he's injured or playing with nagging injuries. That's fine. Did Y'alls Front Office not do their 'Due Dilligence'? He's always had a a convenient "nagging issue"...

This just in..... Mario will come up with a big game now and a again, but more often than not... it will be an insignecant game.....

That said, he'll go beast mode in about a week and a half..... Surely, he'll record 3 or 4 tackles and probably a sack or three....

Again Bills fans.... BTW I hate you for the Oilers debacle :)

Mario has always played it safe.

I hope for a good game with NO MORE GOTT DOG Injuries!!

Nice post, sounds about right... I've never seen him in beast mode though, but then again I haven't seen a lot of Texans games compared to other teams. Edited by Rico

Moore is playing better. Start him. It's really that simple. If it weren't for Mario's bloated paycheck and the party Nix threw when he signed him, Moore would be starting already.

Sometimes people don't even watch the games. They must be too focused on their wings.

Mario has sucked all year. K Moore is a much better option.