If you think you hate the Patriots now, listen to this...

bbb

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, bbb.

The book is very interesting. It comes from the perspective of a jaded fan who is frustrated by the fact that Spygate just sort of went away. In the process of setting up the interview, I wrote to the author and told him that I appreciate that went as far as he did to essentially yell "WHY AREN'T WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?"

He presents facts and then speculates around them so there's certainly a conspiracy element to it. I'm not typically a conspiracy guy but in this case I am so it hit the mark for me.

Im halfway through this book now.....

I'm having mixed feelings that go between full rage to "how the fuk did they get away with this????"

The author did his research and there was a LOT that I didn't know because the media and the NFL went silent on this matter fast.

worth it, IMHO..... e-copy is $11

Will never forget being at a game against the Pats* I think the year before the scandal broke, and thinking that it was uncanny that on offense they seemed to know exactly what to do time after time against whatever was thrown at them. I specifically remember two blitzes where Brady just heaved the ball to the middle of the field for long gains - and it appeared he wasn't even looking where he was throwing as he was avoiding the pressure. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind today they knew exactly what the defense was going to do before the snap.

I would not be surprised at all if they was much more to the cheating (radio signals) than was reported, and that some of it continues today. Also wonder if Brady ever has ( or will have ) regret over winning the way he has - at some point that has to eat at a man.

....podcast that Brad Riter does with the author of this Spygate book. He believes the the Patriots absolutely stole those three Super Bowls............I had forgotten all about the NFL destroying all the tapes and evidence. That is as WTF as the tuck rule is!:

http://www.trendingb...r-bryan-oleary/

I have always thought there was more to the whole Spygate story and it affected the Super Bowls more then they let on. Why else would the NFL be so insistent on destroying the evidence as soon as they could? They didn't rush to destroy Bounty Gate evidence?

I have always thought there was more to the whole Spygate story and it affected the Super Bowls more then they let on. Why else would the NFL be so insistent on destroying the evidence as soon as they could? They didn't rush to destroy Bounty Gate evidence?

That's exactly what I thought. Why would they destroy the evidence at all? Much less immediately. What are they friggin doing it for the environment?!?

That's exactly what I thought. Why would they destroy the evidence at all? Much less immediately. What are they friggin doing it for the environment?!?

Probably because the extent of spying dates back to the earliest days of the league. Knowing how OCD BB is when it comes to such things he probably had specific examples of teams doing the exact same thing (and other similar activity) from day 1. If so, Godell probably felt disclosing such info to the masses wasn't in the best interest of the league.

I just wished he would have asked the author about SB36. Mike Martz, to this day, swears that the Pats videotaped their Saturday practice. Reason being, the Rams installed some new plays and the Pats knew exactly what was coming. Should be a good read.