Gailey is 13-26 as Head Coach

Bufcomments

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan inherited a team that was 7-9 the previous year and turned it into a 4-12 team. Even after high draft picks and a boatload of money spent in the off season, this team still looks as though it has no chance to succeed.

Actually, they were 6-10 the season prior to Gailey's arrival. Dicky was 3-6 and Perry was 3-4.

Chan is 3-4 with the best talent he's ever had. If we can go 7-9 we might make playoffs this season. Outside of the division leaders the AFC sucks.

7-9 still won't be good enough. The only time 7-9 has ever been good enough was the Seahawks two years ago, because they won in a terrible division. We might have two 8-8 teams, but I can't see 7-9 getting a wild card.

Whoever is the next coach is, he has to be a motivator.....which I saw/see none of in Dick and Chan.

The next coach has to be a motivator yes. But he also has to be competent.

Here in the Bay Area, Mike Singletary was seen as being a supreme motivator.

That is, until everyone realized that he was incompetent and the players lost faith in his knowledge and skill. Being competent is a big motivator too.

And because the D sucks so badly the Bills will hire a D guy which just continues their endless cycle: Williams - defensive minded coach, Mularkey - offensive, Jauron - defensive, Gaily - offensive.

Perhaps the next coach they should hire not to fix a unit but to, I don't know, lead a team.

Perhaps the next coach they should hire not to fix a unit but to, I don't know, lead a team.

Excellent point ... that is completely wasted on the utterly incompetent Russ Brandon and Co. Is anyone else starting to get the impression that these guys are in way over their heads? It's like the Bills have a bunch of amateurs in the front office.

Chan Gailey: 13-26, .333

Perry Fewell: 3-4, .429

Dick Jauron: 24-33, .421

Mike Mularkey: 14-18, .438

Gregg Williams: 17-31, .354

Chan will go down as one of the worst Head Coaches in franchise history. This of course was predictable and was our initial reaction upon his signing. They say the fans don't know anything but our insistence on constantly "outsmarting" other teams by taking complete reaches for positions is predictably blowing up in our face.

Gailey needs to resign ASAP. Wannstedt can take over the head coaching duties and appoint one of his assistants to DC. This can help our team in many ways. We need a coach that is dedicated to the run and Wannstedt loves to run the ball. This move kills two birds with one stone. We get rid of the pass happy coach in favor of a running coach and maybe the next DC can figure out how to blitz. Just my 2 cents.

You can talk about Gailey getting fired all you want. Now talk about finding somebody willing to take over.

With all due respect, this guy had **** to work with. The philosophy by Buddy was to fill all the other holes first, so blame that on "OUR FOOTBALL GUY" This guy is living in the past and trying to build this team in old style of the league. Yes we need help in all positions, but the Bottom line is to compete in the NFL you must have a Franchise QB. No Ifs, ands or buts. And we still need a defense as sad as that is...

With all due respect, this guy had **** to work with. The philosophy by Buddy was to fill all the other holes first, so blame that on "OUR FOOTBALL GUY" This guy is living in the past and trying to build this team in old style of the league. Yes we need help in all positions, but the Bottom line is to compete in the NFL you must have a Franchise QB. No Ifs, ands or buts. And we still need a defense as sad as that is...

I wonder then if we trust Whaley, as the youngster of the bunch, to do the right thing.

Responsibilty does fall on the coach and it needs to. What Chan has done in the past he has addressed the situations at hand. I do agree and even posted than Dave W. either needs a fire under him or be let go, as we addressed the defense like crazy this past year and have gotten worse? It's the system or the coaching as the players are doing their best. We can call out Sheppard and Mario and whoever we want but the fact of the matter is the coaches analyzed the players and let some go and brought in others to do the job. The Bills need to look at their talent and have a sit down to right the ship. Dave W. must go not Chan and here's why. The offense has put up 34 points and still not win? YES the Bills are 0-4 when Fitz gives up the ball and 3-0 when he does not, but the defense has gotten worse this year from last year and WE WERE 31st in the LEAGUE LAST YEAR?????????? How can you be last in the league a year ago and still get worse? Buffalo finds a way to do it........... Dave should be gone!

Gailey needs to resign ASAP. Wannstedt can take over the head coaching duties and appoint one of his assistants to DC. This can help our team in many ways. We need a coach that is dedicated to the run and Wannstedt loves to run the ball. This move kills two birds with one stone. We get rid of the pass happy coach in favor of a running coach and maybe the next DC can figure out how to blitz. Just my 2 cents.

Wannstedt is a JOKE