BILLS v. TITANS, Oct 21: Game Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What can they say?? I just want to hear what they have to say. This coaching staff is a joke!! And fitz is what he is. The fact that he threw a pick doesn't surprise me. But CG !@#$ed up and gave tenn this game with his play calling. Before 3rd and 7, why would you pass the ball? You run the ball and burn the clock.

As much as we like to bash Fitz around here, this one is 100% on Gailey.

Fitz played his best game of the year an kept us in it all day while our hack defensive coordinator did everything in his power to get us blown out in the first half.

All Chan had to do was run the !@#$ing ball with the best two back tandem in the NFL on 2nd and 6 with 4 minuts to play. Fred and CJ were carving them up all day. Instead he once again decided to get cute, running a short side screen pass out of stack motion, and then opting to pass again on 3rd down. Follow this up with an absolutely horrid punt. Then our D stands up on its head, and gets up the bll back, giving Chn a secon chance to be smart an run out the clock, but instead decides to throw the ball again... and the rest is history.

2nd and 6 .... 3:03 left in the game...you have 2)'s averaging 7 yrds a carry.... Hmmm what do u do? Run a bubble screen pass and then call a pass play.... Chan outsmarted himself again.... And Wanny refusing to blitz cosr this team.... Buddy Nix needs to do something

Objectively?

No way in Hell Fitz cost us the game today.

When today is over, his #s will be better than average. He threw for 2 TDs and let how many scoring drives in a row?

Yeah, he got hit and the ball died on him at the end...but the D cost us this game.

A voice of reason.

What can they say?? I just want to hear what they have to say. This coaching staff is a joke!! And fitz is what he is. The fact that he threw a pick doesn't surprise me. But CG !@#$ed up and gave tenn this game with his play calling. Before 3rd and 7, why would you pass the ball? You run the ball and burn the clock.

I cannot believe some of you are bothered by them going for the first down instead of running it into the line and punting.

Did you people seriously want to see that defense on the field again?

Pathetic. Absolutely nobody stepped up to make a play when it mattered down the stretch. On offense, defense, or the coaching staff. Complete choke job in the final minutes. Coaching staff has no situational awareness during critical points in the game. Not going for 2 rather than take the extra point to go up 34-28? They believed their defense was going to pitch a shutout the rest of the way? Are they watching? And those plays prior to the Fitz int. Hey, run the ball and the clock and make them burn their timeouts. And Wanny's defense is awful. No creativity whatsoever. Its like I'm watching a pre-season vanilla defense out there in week 7. And Mario Williams? I see Merriman lined up in his spot late in the 4th. A guy that was on the street last week subing for a $100 million player.

Wanted: New HQ, new DC, new QB, new owner. And getting rid of Moorman, that new guy sucks. 21 yard kick when they needed a boomer.

This team is unwatchable and might be the worst Bills team ever vs. expectations. Watch (or don't watch if you prefer) absolutely nothing happen or change during the bye and a blowout loss to the Texans in two weeks.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Objectively?

No way in Hell Fitz cost us the game today.

When today is over, his #s will be better than average. He threw for 2 TDs and let how many scoring drives in a row?

Yeah, he got hit and the ball died on him at the end...but the D cost us this game.

This. Not excusing the INT by any means but you put up 34 points its not the offenses fault you lost.

That and the decision not to go for two.

You Fitz supporters I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Because as long as he's our guy we will remain bottom feeders. Wannstedt and this defense stink, but that int sealed the deal. So I'm supporting Wannstedt and the trash until further notice lol

The 4th down TD pass sealed the deal.

So very sad. In spite of Dave Wannstadt and our defense, we could have won this game. Instead, our brain trust put it on #14's back while a top 5 RB stood on the sidelines. The Bills season ended today.

What I find so interesting is when Chan decides to run the ball, he looks like a genius. When he puts it on Futzpatrick we all start talking about our next coach...

It's really tough to be a Bills fan. F$ck me. We should all be used to losses like this by now, but it still hurts every time. Don't mind the play calling - it was actually great for the most part. Fitz execution down the strectch was piss poor...first the INT and then throwing short when you have to drive into FG range to win the game. Don't get me started on the "D"

This team is cursed...

Gailey was asked if he would consider changing defensive coaches and he emphatically replied no. Buddy Nix might have to make the call, cause it's obvious that Gailey lacks the balls to make a change. Gailey should think of making changes for no other reason than to save his own sorry a$$.

Well, game's over and I gotta go to work now. I know this is a "team sport" and "they win or lose as one", and I also want to say that I have really rooted for Ryan Fitzpatrick to succeed these past few years but man I am not sure how the rest of you guys feel but I think the defense while certainly not perfect or even consistently good had left the team in a position to win a close game and in my humble opinion Fitz is directly responsible for this loss. I am not sure whether that intercepted pass play was called by Chan or was an audible by Fitz, but damn...why on earth did he actually throw that to a tightly bracketed receiver when all that was needed for victory was to kill 3 minutes? I mean he could have just pitched it out of bounds(Hell, he very often does that when the receiver is wide open), he could have just tucked the ball and taken the sack. But he actually threw that s**tty pass of his back foot under pressure to a covered receiver.....AGAIN! Another terrible football decision....AGAIN. He is not learning from his(many)previous mistakes. How many times does the staff need to see this go on? I am sure that he is a great guy and everyone in the organization likes him but he just hasn't got the tools to lead this team to victory on a consistent basis, in fact, he is costing us games. I know, I know, "who else do we have" but damn would either of them truly do a worse job from Sunday to Sunday than we have been watching? After writing this I guess I am not really sure who to be more angry at, Fitz for throwing that or the staff for letting him. There...done venting now, not even gonna talk about that last so called "drive" with about a minute left...Grrrr. :censored:

Pick your excuse for the next game (don't wait for the late afternoon rush):

(_) They lost because they have too many injured starters. Just bad luck. After all, they did bring in one new quality player this year.

(_) They lost because the defense sucks. I can't understand it. After all they did bring in one quality player this year.

(_) They lost because the coaching is weak. It can't be because they do not have enough good players. Heck, they brought one in this year.

(_) I still believe they didn't lose because the ownership is cheap. So what if they are still run by financial (not football) guys, the coaches come in off the scrap heap, we let talented players leave and refuse to pay to bring in more than one elite guy each year. I'm going to keep blindly supporting them because then the team will stay in Buffalo.

(_) Real fans never encumber their team with reasonable expectations. They just keep accepting the mediocre entertainment.

Survey copyright 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, ....., ...., ...., ...., ...., ....,

Yes setup by a perfect throw to their corner. Wannstedt, Chan, Barnett, Rogers, Wilson and last but never forgotten, trash himself. But hey I support trash.. 3-13 here we come. And Fitz held his own in this game, at last in the first half. But he also showed why he is not like much by all. His supporters can spray it however they like, that int still stinks..

Yes setup by a perfect throw to their corner. Wannstedt, Chan, Barnett, Rogers, Wilson and last but never forgotten, trash himself. But hey I support trash.. 3-13 here we come. And Fitz held his own in this game, at last in the first half. But he also showed why he is not like much by all. His supporters can spray it however they like, that int still stinks..

time for facts people. This is not a playoff team. Period.

This team on Defense is the worse I have seen. They cost us the game. Dareus and Mario are not the players we expected. Wilson is a former WR playing SS.

LB's are as soft as ice cream. They never blitz. Either its over-hyped players or bad coaching. I believe its a combo of both but I do know something has to change.

34 points at home is enough to beat most teams. I don't blame Fitz for this one, thought he played within himself.

I blame Gailey for calling that pass on Fitz's INT. That two weeks in a row that he made a wrong call at the wrong time.

10 carries for CJ is not enough.

I could go on but I'm too pissed too continue.

This is a poorly coached team. They looked unprepared on that opening drive.

Im glad its the bye week. They wont find another way to lose next week at least. :wallbash: