Fitz Supporters Anonymous - First Meeting

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is just an average to below average QB in the NFL. The sooner we replace him the more of a chance we have to win a SB or get into the play offs. I'm over the Fitz experiment. I've seen enough of his accuracy issues and dirt passes to open players. He just don't have it.

I heard on the radio this morning that Fitz has no completed passes this year over 30 yards.

shouldn't all Bills "fans" support Fitz?

I think we still support him and want him to succeed. The sooner you open your eyes and realize he isn't the answer the better we can be. I get no pleasure in any Bills player failing!

He is admired by his teammates (at least I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise)

I see Stevie Johnson's body language after a bad pass from Fitz. That says it all to me brother!

Frez

Not a body language expert and lost my secret decoder ring...haven't seen Fitz bumping his O Line or placing blame or quotes in the paper like Santonio Holmes questioning Fitz as QB. I believe these guys like Fitz and know his abilities...frustration- yes...but he is still well liked by his mates. That is a big difference...between being well liked/admired/supported and getting frustrated from time to time.

I like Fitz and really want him to succeed. I believe he has very good leadership qualities and decisionmaking. Like Buddy and Chan always say, "I've seen him do it before." But his accuracy is questionable and I just don't think he's nearly as comfortable in the pocket this year as he was last year.

But full disclosure here, I was also about the last one on earth who thought Losman and Trent Edwards could play, too.

I like Fitz too and feel he could be the type of QB who could guide the Bills to a Super Bowl, providing they had a dominate running game and a lights out defense. When Baltimore and Tampa Bay won, they did not have a QB who was great Like Kelly, Elway, Marino. In fact if you look at all Super Bowl winners you did not have a hall of fame QB. Does anyone think Jeff Hostetler or Doug Williams is going to be in THOF? The problem is Fitz is a decent; serviceable QB on a team that is still missing too many parts to be a contender.

His accuracy on less than 25 yards (through 2011) is over 62%. He is under 57% on same distance throws this year, over 5 point difference.

Yup. Heard that for the past two years. Yet he continues to hang his receivers out to dry, getting them lit up, throwing in the dirt or too high, exposing them to unnecessary hits. I've been saying this for years now -- accuracy is more than just that statistic and it can't be taught. It's innate and Fitz doesn't have it.

I like Fitz. Here's what I think is the problem. We all know that Fitz doesn't have a cannon, but until this season he was typically very accurate on the short and intermediate throws. Enter QB coach Lee, messes with footwork and mechanics, now he has trouble with accuracy on the short stuff. Have you ever played golf or baseball with someone who doesn't have a text book swing, yet thy hit the ball well? And if they take lessons on proper form and technique they can't hit it? Same thing here with Fitz. Fitz should just go back to what he was doing prior to "the lessons".

I think you are on to something here. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, my name is transient and I am 21 days clean (shows coins with 21 days). I used to be a Fitz-alholic, but I manged to break my addiction for good during the Patriots game when yet another horribly underthrown ball that should have gone to TJ for 6 was picked. I'm hoping the Bills organization can help keep me on the straight and narrow by bringing in a real QB in the offseason so that the temptation for relapse is gone. I've been down that road too many times, and it only leads to heartache and dispair. Thanks for your support.

Hi guys, my name is transient and I am 21 days clean (shows coins with 21 days). I used to be a Fitz-alholic, but I manged to break my addiction for good during the Patriots game when yet another horribly underthrown ball that should have gone to TJ for 6 was picked. I'm hoping the Bills organization can help keep me on the straight and narrow by bringing in a real QB in the offseason so that the temptation for relapse is gone. I've been down that road too many times, and it only leads to heartache and dispair. Thanks for your

support.

Stay strong brother...

We all saw that Fitz can get it done in 2010 against the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, then again at the start of the 2011 season. Its the reason the Bills gave him the big raise.

Not sure whats happening this season, Fitz looks awful in games. Over throws, under throws the timing is off between receivers, and the passing game looks really bad. That doesn't stop Gailey from calling 4-5 WR empty backfield shotgun spread sets tho. Not sure if Fitz is over thinking his technique / mechanics because of new QB coach Davis Lee. Whatever the problem is I can only hope Fitz figures it out and corrects his issues and he plays better.

I like Fitz too and feel he could be the type of QB who could guide the Bills to a Super Bowl, providing they had a dominate running game and a lights out defense. When Baltimore and Tampa Bay won, they did not have a QB who was great Like Kelly, Elway, Marino. In fact if you look at all Super Bowl winners you did not have a hall of fame QB. Does anyone think Jeff Hostetler or Doug Williams is going to be in THOF? The problem is Fitz is a decent; serviceable QB on a team that is still missing too many parts to be a contender.

Tampa Bay has Brad Johnson when they won. While he was an average QB, he played at a pro-bowl level during their super bowl season. To say then didn't have a great QB is a fallacy. They got great QB play that season.

Thus far I see some decent velocity on Fitz' throws....and accurate. Tom Brady he is not...but looks promising. Ohhh wait- when he throws that first ball into the ground or a pick, I'll be kicked out of this meeting...but, of course, Wanny's cheesecloth defensive scheme gets a pass.