Fitz Supporters Anonymous - First Meeting

Hi, my name is BBF, and I support Fitz

He's the best QB that we have for this season

He is admired by his teammates (at least I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise)

He understands the offense

He has a mediocre arm but can still zing it 20-30 yds when needed

He has been able to open up a lead against better teams (like the Pats) so I know he has it in him

He can scramble when needed

He will have a better day today (over 250 yds passing)

If any of you guys feel the same way, remember, I'm here for you.

Go Bills

(Two roads diverged in a wood, and I chose the one less traveled...and it has made all the difference)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can go along with this. You have said a few things to qualify your support:

- He is the best QB that we have for this season

- He knows the offense

I believe you are correct with these statements. I was hoping for a developmental QB this year, but the draft didn't offer anyone that the team thought was worthy. Maybe next year the opportunity for a successor will present itself. In the meantime, this it Fitz's team and therefore I will wish him the best. Any attempt to switch out the QB mid season will likely cause more harm than good for team morale and chemistry, especially with the team still in the hunt for a playoff berth. C'mon Fitz! Have a good day today so the torches and pitchforks can go back into the shed for a while.

I firmly believe the saying that goes something like this: "Don't tell me who you want yo cut, tell me who you are going to bring in that is better." I will support Fitz until there is a better option. Currently there is not, so Fitz gets my 100% support. I was the same with Losman and Edwards before him. I will always support the players on the Bills because they are my team.

i'm a fitz supporter as well. and the optimist in me is hoping for the opposite of last season, a poor start and a strong finish!

I feel the same way. Fitz put SJ13 and Chandler on the map. CJ has shown himself to be an able receiver out of the backfield when isolated on a LB and TJ is quietly learning the offense and is a bona fide deep threat. Once our "Fab Five" O Line return fully, I see this offense opening up...Let's go Fitz.

My name is TakeYouToTasker, and I am a Ryan Fitzpatrick supporter.

When Fitz is on, he makes quick reads and can find his receivers open in space for huge gains. He moves well outside of the pocket and throws well on the run. He utilizes his big tight end well down the seam. He plays with courage. He is as unselfish a player as you'll ever find at his position.

The first step in recovery is to admit you have a problem....

Come on mannnn, just give me one more...everyone is doin it.

My name is TakeYouToTasker, and I am a Ryan Fitzpatrick supporter.

When Fitz is on, he makes quick reads and can find his receivers open in space for huge gains. He moves well outside of the pocket and throws well on the run. He utilizes his big tight end well down the seam. He plays with courage. He is as unselfish a player as you'll ever find at his position.

(All group members) " Hi Tasker "

I like Fitz. Here's what I think is the problem. We all know that Fitz doesn't have a cannon, but until this season he was typically very accurate on the short and intermediate throws. Enter QB coach Lee, messes with footwork and mechanics, now he has trouble with accuracy on the short stuff. Have you ever played golf or baseball with someone who doesn't have a text book swing, yet thy hit the ball well? And if they take lessons on proper form and technique they can't hit it? Same thing here with Fitz. Fitz should just go back to what he was doing prior to "the lessons".

Admired by his teammates because you haven't seen proof otherwise? Abuse of any sense of logic.

Jay Cutler and Sanchez come to mind...haven't seen that kind of conflict and backstabbing in our locker room. If that is faulty logic....(raising hand) guilty as charged.

I like Fitz. Here's what I think is the problem. We all know that Fitz doesn't have a cannon, but until this season he was typically very accurate on the short and intermediate throws. Enter QB coach Lee, messes with footwork and mechanics, now he has trouble with accuracy on the short stuff. Have you ever played golf or baseball with someone who doesn't have a text book swing, yet thy hit the ball well? And if they take lessons on proper form and technique they can't hit it? Same thing here with Fitz. Fitz should just go back to what he was doing prior to "the lessons".

It would be a good theory if Fitz were ever accurate to begin with... Accuracy has always been his biggest issue. Even more than arm strength.

I feel the same way. Fitz put SJ13 and Chandler on the map. CJ has shown himself to be an able receiver out of the backfield when isolated on a LB and TJ is quietly learning the offense and is a bona fide deep threat. Once our "Fab Five" O Line return fully, I see this offense opening up...Let's go Fitz.

I think Chandler and SJ13 put theirselves on the map. :thumbdown: All i can say is good for you guys, I hope your optimism is warranted. Flame me at 420pm if you please but hes been nothing but straight terrible for 15 plus weeks or or his total career if you wanna go back that fateful day in the 7th round. Fitzbackuptrick should be the call Titans pass D is terrible this should be the day he shows up but here's to that.

T Jax for mayor!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It would be a good theory if Fitz were ever accurate to begin with... Accuracy has always been his biggest issue. Even more than arm strength.

His accuracy on less than 25 yards (through 2011) is over 62%. He is under 57% on same distance throws this year, over 5 point difference.