Aaron Williams the worst cb in the league per PFF?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, this is an example that the obvious observations that fans make are valid. Bills fans have been saying Williams play has been conspicuously bad for a while, while coaches tried to justify it. I hate to say it, but Aaron has had significant time in this league now. From the get-go he was getting smoked. I actually feel for the 1st time that I have seen a little improvement with him so I am holding out a tiny bit of hope, but things do not look good for him. Very rarely does a guy struggle from the get go, continue to do so for more than a year longer and then turn into a formidable player. It just rarely happens. I guess let him keep trying for a little while, but I might be in favor of trying him at safety as others have mentioned. Maybe he can flourish there, who knows.

I am going to send it to him on Twitter, maybe he will get motivated

He actually already tweeted an article acknowledging the report. It was a Buffalo News article in which he was interviewed about the report and his play. He handled it with class and professionalism. Unfortunately, he just hasnt been a very good player.

What do you all think? I saw this and had to write an article. Crazy just look at the stats....

http://nomorelinks....aaron-williams/

Awesome, Buddy sure knows how to pick em, Andy Dalton or Brooks Reed would look pretty good in a Bills uniform right now.

also one of my favorite quotes;

" Buffalo has always been scorched by tight ends so if you have Jared Cook he is a must play against Buffalo. "

Awesome, Buddy sure knows how to pick em, Andy Dalton or Brooks Reed would look pretty good in a Bills uniform right now.

" Buffalo has always been scorched by tight ends so if you have Jared Cook he is a must play against Buffalo. "

Andy Dalton is one of the most overrated QBs in the game.

What do you all think? I saw this and had to write an article. Crazy just look at the stats....

http://nomorelinks....aaron-williams/

AW has had his struggles, but to fully blame him for all those plays is a little unfair. In those games the D-line did squat, and there have been many big plays given up due to players not understanding their roles. Both Wilson and Byrd as well as both corners have given up big plays because they weren't where they were supposed to be.

Honestly, it's hard for me to blame anyone other than Wanny right now...

On the plus side, McGee is starting to get healthy and has looked good, and we should have Brooks back after the bye.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Please pump the breaks on brooks. He'll take his lumps too. I think aw will be ok and if not saftey sounds like a good idea.

George Wilson hasn't exactly been playing up snuff at imo!! So maybe aw will get a shot at saftey.

However, I think its a little early. Just gotta wait to see how it plays out.

well, brooks reed would be a tricky fit as we no longer run a 34 and i dont know that dalton would be that much better than fitz here so..... it is what it is.

I wanted Kyle Rudolph, at the time we really had no one at TE, Chandler was an unknown. Also, wanted a pass rusher, so Houston or Reed would've been fine since we ran a 3-4. Needed a corner, but I didn't like Williams from his days at Texas. That secondary got lit up. Remember Blackmon running wild on Texas in Williams' final year.

I am not giving up on him. He has the ability. He needs to get his confidence back. CB is a tough position to play and you have to have a short memory. I have noticed that on various times that he gets beat, he is in pretty good position or sometimes he appears to be expecting help over the top.

In any event, I suspect that, as our pass rush gets better, all our DBs will play better.

I think that he will be fine.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter