SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

Another article talking that Boeheim is being asked to retire

http://dystnow.com/2013/03/06/breaking-news-syracuse-head-coach-jim-boeheim-asked-to-retire/

Funny thing, in the past couple of casual interviews Ive seen with Boeheim, he spoke about Cuse basketball as if it was in the distant past. Everything was past tense. When asked about the Conference re-alignment, it was clear that he was not happy about it and it seemed like he felt/knew that such a change would mean a re-start at the coaching spot. Or as if he didnt WANT to have to go establish new rivalries, etc.

Feels weird.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as was pointed out in my linked article above, this 'blog' is some kid up at OCC, he is looking for attention, nothing more, nothing less

Another article talking that Boeheim is being asked to retire

http://dystnow.com/2...sked-to-retire/

Funny thing, in the past couple of casual interviews Ive seen with Boeheim, he spoke about Cuse basketball as if it was in the distant past. Everything was past tense. When asked about the Conference re-alignment, it was clear that he was not happy about it and it seemed like he felt/knew that such a change would mean a re-start at the coaching spot. Or as if he didnt WANT to have to go establish new rivalries, etc.

Feels weird.

as was pointed out in my linked article above, this 'blog' is some kid up at OCC, he is looking for attention, nothing more, nothing less

whether or not hes actually got something.... there is some sort of story about dysfunction at syracuse that exists here. its two years in a row of eligibility issues, as well as terrible management of their PR department at its very least.

my guess, he very well may have it right, but if he does it will be by dumb luck. i wont be surprised at all if we are hitting the end of the road in the next couple weeks. i will be surprised if he has a solid source though.

They made a statement. The statement was "we suck". And they do.

Can't argue too much with that statement. No offense down low, can't shoot to save their lives, our supposed lottery pick point guard can't protect the ball. I never would have envisioned that this is where we'd be come BE tournament time. They better win at least 2 games in the tournament.

Between the Bills, the Sabres, and now the Orangemen, Im about ready to give up on sports completely. This whole "being a fan" business is nothing but a pain.

My father (SU alum) and I were talking about it last night, and I said "Sports is supposed to be entertainment and a relief from the problems of everyday life. But when I look at what a great life I've built for myself, my only problems are my sports teams!"

It shouldnt be like this.

This has to be the most lame College Gameday crowd I've ever seen.

Yah. Good thing G'town has no fans or ending the rivalry like this would be a lot more annoying. There is a chance we see them again but that requires an upset of Pitt.

Wow. What a nightmare. The only lone bright spot today was Christmas.

how do southerland and Triche even see the floor?

this team is one and done in both tourneys. Cuse upset in first round of NCAA is going to be the popular pick this year.

No idea. Southerland actually did some rebounding for once but in general he is just a gigantic minus if he's not making 3's. How Grant doesn't get more minutes is mind-numbing.

Between the Bills, the Sabres, and now the Orangemen, Im about ready to give up on sports completely. This whole "being a fan" business is nothing but a pain.

My father (SU alum) and I were talking about it last night, and I said "Sports is supposed to be entertainment and a relief from the problems of everyday life. But when I look at what a great life I've built for myself, my only problems are my sports teams!"

It shouldnt be like this.

Amen to that.

Thoughts:

Different feel to this team right now. Not playing lights-out basketball (not drinking the kool-aid yet), but they seem to be playing with intensity and purpose for once in a long time.

Great contribution from Southerland with his perimeter shooting. He's actually rebounding better now, and his defense has been a little more solid. He's been getting raped pretty bad down the stretch there.

Pretty good defense today...especially Keita IMO. Some nice blocks from Christmas and Fair too.

MCW playing point guard, protecting the ball, and creating plays off the dribble. This is his role.

Triche finally looks like he actually wants to be out on the court, and he's taking the ball to the rack which he NEEDS to do more.

Surprised that Coleman didn't get a few minutes in the 2nd half when Christmas got his 4th. Figured they might try to squeeze a couple minutes out of him.

Good coaching job by Boeheim overall.

Bring on Georgetown-Syracuse III! I love that we're playing them at MSG.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks