SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The specific nature of the alleged violations was not disclosed by the source but the transgressions were described as both major and wide-ranging in nature. The investigation also encompasses football but is believed to primarily involve basketball."

"The ongoing investigation has apparently grown larger in scope. When asked to characterize how wide-ranging the probe might be, a source with knowledge of the case told CBSSports.com: “Throw a dart at the [NCAA] Manual [and you would hit a violation by Syracuse]."

that doesnt sound good.

Edited by NoSaint

Seems like this might be former players, not current ones on the roster. My guesses on the big names:

1) Devendorf

2) Paul Harris

3) Donte Greene (a bit of a surprise)

edit: forgot about Fab Melo, who is probably at the top of the list.

i dont know... it might not be current players, but if thats the case its solely because they knew it was in the pipeline last year and tried to scrub as much as they could.

i dont know... it might not be current players, but if thats the case its solely because they knew it was in the pipeline last year and tried to scrub as much as they could.

This article made it sound like it's been in the pipeline for "years," meaning that they could have scrubbed the program pretty well over the last several years.

Worst case scenario (for a Cuse fan), is that this implicates someone like Billy Edelin and would require vacatur of the 2003 national championship. While I cannot imagine an investigation into 10-year old incidents, you never know with the NCAA.

This article made it sound like it's been in the pipeline for "years," meaning that they could have scrubbed the program pretty well over the last several years.

Worst case scenario (for a Cuse fan), is that this implicates someone like Billy Edelin and would require vacatur of the 2003 national championship. While I cannot imagine an investigation into 10-year old incidents, you never know with the NCAA.

it sounds to me like this is pretty well institutional control issues over the long term, not just a couple of guys or incidents that they stumbled onto from years ago. I would be very surprised if this is all old based on the tone. frankly it sounded like they were pointing to a brash and belligerent nature to the offenses that wouldnt surprise me if it was ongoing currently. at the very least the fab melo stuff was just a year ago. if this has been in the pipeline for years, they seem to have not cared THAT much.

when was the last time there wasnt smoke about this around the program? it seems pretty current to me, but we will find out.

just double checked the article, which has been updated with more details

Edited by NoSaint

Looks like the post standard had a more recent update. Seems all academic elig issues, nothing recruiting-wise (yet) and nothing about the 07 sex assault (which I forgot all about).

"Throw a dart at the rulebook" leads me to believe recruiting isn't off the table,

espn hasn't jumped on this...syracuse.com seems to be focusing on the 2007 incident that was already looked into....

...hat off to those that called this story almost a week ago, while it isn't completely coming to fruition...someone has some pretty rock solid inside information...

Seems like this might be former players, not current ones on the roster. My guesses on the big names:

1) Devendorf

2) Paul Harris

3) Donte Greene (a bit of a surprise)

edit: forgot about Fab Melo, who is probably at the top of the list.

I know people who got paid to do Paul's homework on high school. Needless to say I was quite surprised when he "met" Cuse's academic standards

"Throw a dart at the rulebook" leads me to believe recruiting isn't off the table,

Rumor has it, to lure DC2 away from Kentucky, Syracuse boosters showered him with gifts including a gently used Geo Metro, and a cubic zirconia encrusted Fossil watch. This is sure to come out in the investigations.

DOOMED!!!!!

Rumor has it, to lure DC2 away from Kentucky, Syracuse boosters showered him with gifts including a gently used Geo Metro, and a cubic zirconia encrusted Fossil watch. This is sure to come out in the investigations.

my guesses:

Southerland

The positive drug tests

Fab Melo

the Flynn/Scoop/Rick Jackson alleged sexual assault

Devendorf

some combo of those (perhaps not all directly punished, but all may be mentioned to support the gross lack of control to go back more than 4 years), and i wouldnt be surprised if we get a surprise or two tacked on that isnt common knowledge