SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how awesome is this, if in fact it's true.

from twitter:

David Baumann@DavidBaumann3329m

Syracuse legend John Wallace to appear on my show tomorrow. He & ~40 ex @Cuse players are renting house in ATL for Final 4! @NunesMagician

The Syracuse basketball alumni support is amazing, and unparallelled from what I've seen from other teams. Great to see those guys' deep sense of pride and allegiance for the program. Especially loved seeing Lawrence Moten in DC amongst the usual cast of characters. One of my favorite SU players of all time. Wish he was rockin shorts with the jacked-up, knee-high tube socks though :lol:

The Syracuse basketball alumni support is amazing, and unparallelled from what I've seen from other teams. Great to see those guys' deep sense of pride and allegiance for the program. Especially loved seeing Lawrence Moten in DC amongst the usual cast of characters. One of my favorite SU players of all time. Wish he was rockin shorts with the jacked-up, knee-high tube socks though :lol:

I loved Moten too--unfortunately, I must have missed when they showed him during the game.

One of my all-time favorites is John Wallace--who played bball in Rochester and killed my high school team (Fairport) in the sectional finals his senior year. That 96 Cuse run was magical--wish we could have won it all.

they must have flown as they are already in atlanta, and that picture was taken this afternoon...there have been several pics of the team arriving at the hotel...those buses must have been to take them to the airport, the semi, i am not sure what its purpose is, unless they travel with that much equipment

Yeah, that is weird. It seems too far to drive, though those coach buses can be pretty fun.

the semi, i am not sure what its purpose is, unless they travel with that much equipment

id imagine between team gear, coaching things, stuff for trainers, plus possible band/cheer stuff, plus whatever else.... a semi could get filled REAL fast on a trip like this.

so much for G-Mac getting the Sienna gig

http://www.sienasain.../040313aaj.html

Blessing in disguise for him. I think he would benefit from more coaching and recruiting experience in a major program.

The guy I feel bad for is Hopkins. He really should have had that USC job. He could have gone there, JB retires in 5 years, and Hop jumps ship back to us. Oh, well...

Very very excited for Saturday night. Its a win/win for Niagara County with Beilein on the other side of the court, but I think this has the potential to be a GREAT game.

Beilein is familiar with the zone from his time at WVU, but these players certainly are not. Their 3 point shooters are dynamic, but their open looks are usually created by Burke driving and kicking out. Good luck with that.

I think Cuse has the height advantage all the way around, beginning with Triche and MCW at 6'4 and 6'6 at the top against the 6'0 Burke.

I read somewhere Michigan will likely play Robinson III at the top of the lane, trying to take advantage of his lanky frame and mid-range game.

Should be interesting to watch Southerland and Fair trying to keep Stauskas out of his sweet spots in the corner and Rank and Baye banging down low with McGary

Very very excited for Saturday night. Its a win/win for Niagara County with Beilein on the other side of the court, but I think this has the potential to be a GREAT game.

Beilein is familiar with the zone from his time at WVU, but these players certainly are not. Their 3 point shooters are dynamic, but their open looks are usually created by Burke driving and kicking out. Good luck with that.

I think Cuse has the height advantage all the way around, beginning with Triche and MCW at 6'4 and 6'6 at the top against the 6'0 Burke.

I read somewhere Michigan will likely play Robinson III at the top of the lane, trying to take advantage of his lanky frame and mid-range game.

Should be interesting to watch Southerland and Fair trying to keep Stauskas out of his sweet spots in the corner and Rank and Baye banging down low with McGary

The hype about Burke reminds me of the hype about tj ford from Texas in the 2003 tournament.

Ford was supposed to be a zone buster with his penetration, but did absolutely nothing.

I think Burke will fare better, but I am fairly certain these guys are going to just launch 50 three's. if they make a bunch, they'll win. if they don't, we will win.

I just pray that Triche and southerland show up on offense.

The hype about Burke reminds me of the hype about tj ford from Texas in the 2003 tournament.

Ford was supposed to be a zone buster with his penetration, but did absolutely nothing.

I think Burke will fare better, but I am fairly certain these guys are going to just launch 50 three's. if they make a bunch, they'll win. if they don't, we will win.

I just pray that Triche and southerland show up on offense.

I just was going from the basic breakdown I read...I believe it was an ESPN article.

Basically said Hardaway and Stauskas benefit from Burke driving and kicking to get their open looks. But the ability of Southerland and Fair to close on the wings so quickly and the height advantage of MCW and Triche may make it very difficult for that to work for them.

Instead they're gonna have to rely on Robinson III to hit shots from the elbows and set good screens to free up his teammates.

I seriously think this has the potential to be an amazing game.