SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

Something is Definitely Up with Christmas should be the name of a holiday movie.

"Something Is Definitely Up With Christmas"

Plot:

An aspiring basketball player's life seems to be spiraling out of control. His girlfriend dumped him, his coach benched him, and now he's wondering if he should just throw in the towel. But a visit from the Ghost of Christmas Past might get him to reflect on the "bad shots" he's made in life, and may help him get "back in the game" in the nick of time.

Starring:

Eric LaSalle (as Rakeem Christmas)

Keisha Knight-Pulliam (as Rak's Girlfriend)

Kareem Abdul-Jabaar (as the Ghost of Christmas past)

Jim Boeheim (as self)

Showing:

Lifetime Movie Network (10 pm, Wed. night)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Awesome! Kareem would fit that part perfectly!

"Don't be an ahole to everybody when you're the leading scorer in the league every year. One day, you'll try to be a coach and karma will bite you in the ass. Then, you'll be doing silly diving reality TV shows."

MCW makes it official...he gone

http://suathletics.com/news/2013/4/10/mcwnba41013.aspx

i figured he was long gone based on the conversations out there, and i think its clear that i dont watch college bball as closely as most here (essentially a few games along the way, espn highlights while i get ready for work, then start paying attention closely shortly before the big east tourney).... but geesh in general has college bball gotten to the point where 11ppg, 7 apg, and a couple of steals is a stat line that makes it worthwhile to leave as a sophomore?

NBA drafts based on potential and mcw has a TON of it!!

i figured he was long gone based on the conversations out there, and i think its clear that i dont watch college bball as closely as most here (essentially a few games along the way, espn highlights while i get ready for work, then start paying attention closely shortly before the big east tourney).... but geesh in general has college bball gotten to the point where 11ppg, 7 apg, and a couple of steals is a stat line that makes it worthwhile to leave as a sophomore?

MCW leaving was a given.

I have a theory on this (based on no statistics)--but, with some rare exceptions, I think it's stupid for almost any player to leave early.

My theory is this: it's better to stay all 4 years in college, because it increases your likelihood of being an immediate NBA contributor, which in turn increases your odds of sticking past your NBA rookie deal to the potentially more lucrative money of your 2nd and 3rd contracts.

Odds are MCW latches on to some lame franchise, like Detroit, gets some minimal minutes during his rookie year, bounces around for a few years, and then is playing in Europe.

keep in mind, his family house burned down while he was playing in the opening round of the ncaa(i think)...he's been the 'meal ticket' for a long time....that rainy day showed up and it's hard not to want to take what is in front of you...he'll be a star or at least a VERY solid contributor for a long time in the NBA,,,hard to pass up the benjamins

MCW leaving was a given.

I have a theory on this (based on no statistics)--but, with some rare exceptions, I think it's stupid for almost any player to leave early.

My theory is this: it's better to stay all 4 years in college, because it increases your likelihood of being an immediate NBA contributor, which in turn increases your odds of sticking past your NBA rookie deal to the potentially more lucrative money of your 2nd and 3rd contracts.

Odds are MCW latches on to some lame franchise, like Detroit, gets some minimal minutes during his rookie year, bounces around for a few years, and then is playing in Europe.

keep in mind, his family house burned down while he was playing in the opening round of the ncaa(i think)...he's been the 'meal ticket' for a long time....that rainy day showed up and it's hard not to want to take what is in front of you...he'll be a star or at least a VERY solid contributor for a long time in the NBA,,,hard to pass up the benjamins

I agree with you. And the house thing probably made going pro a no-brainer.

But if money isn't an issue--like I don't think it was for, say, Jonny Flynn--then why go pro? If Flynn had stayed all 4 years at Syracuse, he may not have improved his NBA draft stock, but maybe he'd still be in the NBA, because he would have been a much more seasoned player.

I think that's why guys like Battier, Hakim Warrick, and Kirk Heinrich have been able to stick in the NBA. They come into the pros and are seasoned players after 4 years of high-level college experience. They can either contribute early in the NBA, or if they sit on the bench, it doesn't impede their development since they have so many games under their belts.

Just my theory--unsupported by nothing!

gotta keep in mind a lot of these guys come from nothing and because of their talents/skills they have been given everything for most of their existence while those around them continue to live that way....i couldn't imagine how hard it would be to pass up that kind of allure of fame and money, and no one else here can either, most of us have been raised presumably fairly stable in comparison....it's a mindset that I will never try to rationalize and i pray I nor anyone I know has to ever actually endure.....I wish all the best for MCW and hope he has a very fruitful career and life.

I agree with you. And the house thing probably made going pro a no-brainer.

But if money isn't an issue--like I don't think it was for, say, Jonny Flynn--then why go pro? If Flynn had stayed all 4 years at Syracuse, he may not have improved his NBA draft stock, but maybe he'd still be in the NBA, because he would have been a much more seasoned player.

I think that's why guys like Battier, Hakim Warrick, and Kirk Heinrich have been able to stick in the NBA. They come into the pros and are seasoned players after 4 years of high-level college experience. They can either contribute early in the NBA, or if they sit on the bench, it doesn't impede their development since they have so many games under their belts.

Just my theory--unsupported by nothing!

MCW leaving was a given.

That's exactly the feeling that got me to post the original comment

• 2 weeks later...

if he is projected a mid-second rounder at this point, i would think he would...sure its still being drafted, but chances are very slim he makes an nba team, more likely he goes NBDL or overseas, he can only help his stock with an additional year, barring an injury

I am still pretty nervous about this. I really want to see him come back.

I will be interested to see what happens to Gbinije after transferring from Duke to SU and sitting out a year. I saw many of his HS games as my boys played with him and go to HS there. One of the best HS games I ever saw featured McAdoo's (UNC) HS against Gbinjie's HS and the two of them scored the first 16 points of the game on some amazing athletic moves. He's a good kid and best of luck to him.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/04/after_sitting_out_last_season.html

this should work better

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/04/syracuses_cj_fair_will_return.html#incart_m-rpt-2

404 Error

We're sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found.

:wallbash:

works for me on this end...not sure whats going on

404 Error

We're sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found.

:wallbash: