SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCW and Triche took this game over. Southerland as I type this...only 3 pts and they're up by 13. That's a good sign for Saturday.... or next weekend

Great coaching job by JB tonight...taking what Indiana was giving us and capitalizing on it. Good sign that we didn't get good contributions from Southy and CJ and still managed to put together a strong game. Props to MCW who put on his big boy pants tonight. Also big props to our bigs who absolutely handled probably the best big man in the NCAA's. Indiana looked like they were helpless against our zone. Nice to wipe the smile off of that smug bastard Tom Crean's face. GO CUSE!!!!!!

Marquette is a completely different team...big athletic guards who can hit the boards...gonna be a tough game.

I love how these pundits like Barkley and gottlieb tell everyone how easy it is to beat the zone. Then crean at halftime comes off as saying that they're doing everything just as planned, just have to execute a bit better. Fact is that their zone isn't easy to beat. Unless you. Have an awesome big man who can hit 17 foot jump shots and pass like a point guard, it's going to be a challenge.

Marquette, with Gardner, is going to present a real challenge. But there's no way Marquette is going to get 35 free throws this time.

I love how these pundits like Barkley and gottlieb tell everyone how easy it is to beat the zone. Then crean at halftime comes off as saying that they're doing everything just as planned, just have to execute a bit better. Fact is that their zone isn't easy to beat. Unless you. Have an awesome big man who can hit 17 foot jump shots and pass like a point guard, it's going to be a challenge.

Marquette, with Gardner, is going to present a real challenge. But there's no way Marquette is going to get 35 free throws this time.

This. Also we have Coleman to go in there and bang with their big boy Mr. Gardner this time.

Normally I'd agree with you, but Gardner is a 300 lb beast who banged Rak and Baye around like they were nothing. DC2 can be a presence that Gardner can't push around.

Maybe so, but Keita is an entirely different player than he was the last time we played Marquette. I think JB will come up with a good gameplan to neutralize Gardner (or at least slow him down). Perhaps, similar to Zeller last night, by double teaming him with Southerland/Fair every time he touches the ball.