SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Since this thread is up, I guess I need to make my annual anti-Syracuse rant. How many SUNY schools does Jimmy B have lined up this year to pad his non-conference schedule? And let me guess, the farthest they travel is NYC unless it a conference game? Same thing every year.

Just some friendly ribbing, Go Bonnies!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to this season. Checking in on current NBA SU alum is somewhat disheartening.

Carmelo - better than ever in NYC

Wes Johnson - languishing on the bench in PHO

Jonny Flynn - cut by DET before season

Fab Melo - sent to the D league by Bos

Kris Joseph - not playing but made BOS final roster

Hakim Warrick - 12th man in NO

Dion Waiters - surprise 4th overall pick starting and averaging 15 pts in CLE

Overall not a very good track record. Good to see Dion living up to his draft status so far, discouraged about Flynn and Johnson. Thought they had a chance to be good pros.

they better stock up on talent considering they start playing in a REAL bball conference soon....

GO DUKE

GO ACC

NC State is the best team in the ACC.

So it'll be 3 decent teams in the conference, and the rest will range from mediocre to garbage.

NC State is the best team in the ACC.

So it'll be 3 decent teams in the conference, and the rest will range from mediocre to garbage.

HA, funny joke...give an attempt at standup, you might have a future in it

the Big East is a Big Joke who are over rated and hyped because they are in the major media cities....terrible....

Jimmy Boheim can recruit thats for sure...how he cons those players into going to SU is beyond me...with that said, if Carmelo doesnt decide to one and done at SU that great coach Boheim would never have his national championship

so that tells me yea he gets great talent (most likely because they are just lazy kids who dont wanna play defense so they go and play that cup cake zone defense to get outta actually playing defense), he obviously fails where it counts, coaching and execution....but if Jimmy wants to come work recruiting for Duke when he decides to hang it up at SU (or they get tired of his act) I would gladly accept him in that role

Start your own thread you friggin front runner. ND football, Duke BB. How the hell did you end up rooting for the Bills?

my family came to WNY from different places, rooting for different teams....and none of them were Bills fans...so I made that mistake on my own

(and as far as front running is concerned....ND hasent been good in football since ive been a fan haha....why I root for Duke is b/c growing up I always wanted to go to school there - but I wasent smart enough nor rich enough....so ill always just be a poser....)

Yankees fan ?

Redsox fan - majority of family came from Boston - the others Indiana

but your right...ill get outta this thread.....enjoy your cute little Syracuse basketball season

Duke, just like every year : )

NC State is going to be the best team in the ACC this year. Syracuse & Pitt for that matter will both hold their own when they get to the ACC next year. The last 5-7 years the Big East has been a better basketball league from top to bottom then the ACC.

As far as Duke, it will be the same old story with them. They will go as far as their perrimeter 3 point shooting takes them.