Fitz numbers from Sunday per PFF

cmjoyce113

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've made some great points and framed them well (except that whole thing about being favorites over NE). What you fail to realize is that the Fitz Kool-Aid is 180 proof, and apparently more addicting than heroin. You're not going to convince that crowd.

I used to think the biggest mistake this regime made was switching to the 3-4 when we didn't have that personnel for it. I was wrong. They hitched their wagon to the wrong horse, and it looks like they are stubborn enough to go down with the ship.

i'm not in love with Fitz, but i'm not delusional enough to think that either Thigpen or Jackson give us a better shot to win against NE or Houston (or anyone else). So having said that, what's the alternative? We don't have one this season. So lets suck it up and move the F on.

Edited by bobobonators

i'm not in love with Fitz, but i'm not delusional enough to think that either Thigpen or Jackson give us a better shot to win against NE or Houston (or anyone else). So having said that, what's the alternative? We don't have one this season. So lets suck it up and move the F on.

EXACTLY

What's done is done. Where were all the weather vanes when we extended the guy last season? Then and only then would criticisms be legit. Now it's just a bunch: look how smart I am, look how retarded they are hindsighted bull ****.

"Sure he walked away with figures that didn’t disgust the eye balls, but averaging just 4.8 yards per attempt should tell you what he’s become to this offense. An obstacle that needs to be managed so that he doesn’t inflict damage on the rest of the unit. Of his 153 yards, 114 of them came after the catch, and he was lucky not to walk away with a pick with 14:06 to go in the second quarter when William Gay dropped a possible interception. That now makes it four of six games were he’s walked away with a grade in the red."

https://www.profootb...rdinals-week-6/

So Fitz through for 39 yards in the air on 18 completions? I can't even fathom how bad that is. I mean that tells me that every pass he through pretty much was a screen play. It's crazy to think the numbers are that low and the offense is boxed into what Sunday was. I honestly didn't think Gailey would change QB's with numbers that bad but maybe he has to consider something else.

So Peyton Manning throws a 5 yard pass that goes 80 yards. Peyton Manning had a 5 yard pass?

This thread is stupid. It doesnt work this way. He did not throw 39 yards.

Ps. If someone posted a similar answer, my apologies.

So Peyton Manning throws a 5 yard pass that goes 80 yards. Peyton Manning had a 5 yard pass?

This thread is stupid. It doesnt work this way. He did not throw 39 yards.

Ps. If someone posted a similar answer, my apologies.

This isn't a stupid thread because when I watch Peyton Manning he throws the ball 15 or 20 yards down the field and completes it. Your right he may throw 5 or 6 passes that travel a few yards, but Fitz' YAC is absurd from Sunday's game.

This isn't a stupid thread because when I watch Peyton Manning he throws the ball 15 or 20 yards down the field and completes it. Your right he may throw 5 or 6 passes that travel a few yards, but Fitz' YAC is absurd from Sunday's game.

You are basing your assessment on the wrong stat, imo.

If they find creative ways to throw short passes and screens to cj and it works, I'm fine with it. That's what the pats do with their stupid qb/wrs. A lot of stunt and screen passes to their wrs.

Did yall notice that on the next play Fitz hit Graham in the numbers that should have gone for at least 10 yards, but he dropped it?

Fitz had a bad game throwing the football, but as usual, he didn't get a lot of help from his WRs.

I also agree with Steve Tasker's assessment that if Donald Duck hadn't been so busy trying to push off Patrick Peterson he probably would have been able to get to the long pass in the 1st quarter. Wether he would have caught it or not we'll never know.

We noticed fitz sucks. Did you?

That pass he missed with FJ that coulda had a first down if not more really pissed me off!!! Right there i said hes done!

personally i was done with him after week one and every week he shows me more and more how right i am to feel this way, if you go back to week 8 last year till now he has not had a wow game and seems to be getting worse every week, he is/has lost the players you can tell by sj body language he is sick of it, that throw to the ground to a wide open freddy made me want to smash my tv he is going to cost chan his job

If they find creative ways to throw short passes and screens to cj and it works, I'm fine with it. That's what the pats do with their stupid qb/wrs. A lot of stunt and screen passes to their wrs.

You do realize the Pats are very successful at this because the Defense also has to respect teh long ball every down. IF they drop a safety down, Brady WILL beat you up top. Teams are starting and going to continue sitting the entire D closer to the line to guard against these passes because they haev no fear Fitz can beat them deep.

Also fitz has a lower Yards per attempt then Trent "Captain Checkdown" Edwards.

but 39 is still a bit absurd for a differential.

I think you have to compare Fitz to other QBs in the league, like Brady, Brees and company. Look, if NE didn't get lucky and draft Brady (and also Bledsoe's injury), they would have been a good to mediocre franchise for the past decade. Their defense has been been up and down for 10 years, they've never really had a star RB, and their WRs and TEs have had inflated numbers because of 1 player... Tom Brady. Even if we didn't have a top 5 QB, but more of a Schaub or Romo type player, this team would fair much better. Fitz is an amazing backup. If we had a solid #1, I would view Fitz as a better option that Reich two decades ago -- even perhaps the best backup in the league, and that's important. To get rid of him is not wise, but to move him as backup next year and possibly acquire a legitimate QB or draft a potential starter is the way to go.

I think you have to compare Fitz to other QBs in the league, like Brady, Brees and company. Look, if NE didn't get lucky and draft Brady (and also Bledsoe's injury), they would have been a good to mediocre franchise for the past decade. Their defense has been been up and down for 10 years, they've never really had a star RB, and their WRs and TEs have had inflated numbers because of 1 player... Tom Brady. Even if we didn't have a top 5 QB, but more of a Schaub or Romo type player, this team would fair much better. Fitz is an amazing backup. If we had a solid #1, I would view Fitz as a better option that Reich two decades ago -- even perhaps the best backup in the league, and that's important. To get rid of him is not wise, but to move him as backup next year and possibly acquire a legitimate QB or draft a potential starter is the way to go.

We would have the most expensive backup in the league. The backup QB is the most overrated position in all of football.

EXACTLY

What's done is done. Where were all the weather vanes when we extended the guy last season? Then and only then would criticisms be legit. Now it's just a bunch: look how smart I am, look how retarded they are hindsighted bull ****.

That can't be said about everyone. I've been vocal against the Fitztastrophe since coming on the board. OF COURSE something should be done. If only out of respect for fans who show up and pay money to see a football game. The simple fact is, our HC can't make ANY KIND of adjustment in a timely, or pro-active fashion. He runs the roster just like he calls the games. -He'll continue to stay the disastrous course, no matter how it affects the W-L column.

Hopefully that pig-headedness works to our advantage this year. We could really use a new HC, and lord knows, a new QB would'nt hurt either.

Edited by #34fan

That can't be said about everyone. I've been vocal against the Fitztastrophe since coming on the board. OF COURSE something should be done. If only out of respect for fans who show up and pay money to see a football game. The simple fact is, our HC can't make ANY KIND of adjustment in a timely, or pro-active fashion. He runs the roster just like he calls the games. -He'll continue to stay the disastrous course, no matter how it affects the W-L column.

Hopefully that pig-headedness works to our advantage this year. We could really use a new HC, and lord knows, a new QB would'nt hurt either.

I'm not a billionaire...something should be done.

Pray tell, amigo, WHAT should be done?

Something just doesnt add up. Versus the pats fitz made some great throws down field, both middle and sideline. There was the bomb to TO, We have seen some flawless games early last season, then we see this steaming pile we have had for the past few weeks.

It's almost like he can't get enough adrenaline pumping under normal circumstances or something. Or his mechanics got worse instead of better. Maybe adding the step of setting feet has thrown timing off so much the ball is always late or behind.

Something has changed for the worse and for a guy that just throws balls everyday for a living with dedicated coaches focused on him throwing a ball for their occupation, you'd expect answers by now. How hard can this be?

Are there any problem solvers in the building?

I'm not a billionaire...something should be done.

Pray tell, amigo, WHAT should be done?

Quick question: Do you ride around with a flat, or shredded, spare tire in your trunk?

No?

So you have a relaible spare then?

If you had a blowout, and didn't have one, what would you do?

If your name was, Chan Gailey, you'd keep riding on that busted tire... hugging the slow lane, hoping somehow it will fix itself. You'd probly ride that sucker right down to the rims, damaging the entire vehicle, and with every mile, jeaporadizing more than was originally at stake.

Fitz is a BUSTED TIRE. -Or more accurately, a re-tread that's falling apart on I-90. If we don't have a spare, the question is why not? And if we do have a spare, then why in the world are we not pulled over, putting it on?

Either way. It's DRIVER ERROR. At the moment, you're 100% right because we're 3-3 (along with the entire division) But if we should slip to 3-6, Gailey should be canned, and Fitz benched. -Enough with the B.S.

Edited by #34fan

Quick question: Do you ride around with a flat, or shredded, spare tire in your trunk?

No?

If your name was, Chan Gailey, you'd keep riding on that busted tire... hugging the slow lane, hoping somehow it will fix itself. You'd probly ride that sucker right down to the rims, damaging the entire vehicle, and with every mile, jeaporadizing more than was originally at stake.

Fitz is a BUSTED TIRE. -Or more accurately, a re-tread that's falling apart on I-90. If we don't have a spare, the question is why not? And if we do have a spare, then why in the world are we not pulled over, putting it on?

Either way. It's DRIVER ERROR. At the moment, you're 100% right because we're 3-3 (along with the entire division) But if we should slip to 3-6, Gailey should be canned, and Fitz benched. -Enough with the B.S.

Look man, I get what you're saying, but it's just a bunch of hind-sighted bull ****.

Anyone with the capacity to speak can criticize what should have happened, in all facets of life.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS: WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

No?

What Big Cat is saying is he knows Fitz has not been good, but right now we dont have any other options. Tyler Thigpen is a downgrade, while Tavaris Jackson is a lateral move generating the same results.

We are all in agreement that the QB needs to be addressed next year, but like big cat said, "Right now, it's not next year"

No?

To go to 3-6, we have to lose, at home, to the worst defense in the league after we had a decent road trip against one of the league's tougher defenses. So if you're setting up scenarios to make your point, how bout coming back down to earth a bit?

If my best friend murders my wife, I'll have to call the cops...but I'm not sitting next to the phone, with the CPD on speed dial...ya dig?

Edited by The Big Cat

Look man, I get what you're saying, but it's just a bunch of hind-sighted bull ****.

Anyone with the capacity to speak can criticize what should have happened, in all facets of life.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS: WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

For starters, how about introducing a little accountability?

Fitz has had two full seasons in Gailey's offense to get it right. If he overthrows a wide-open reciever on third down, or throws multiple INT's, someone should sit his @ss down. It doesn't matter who goes out there in his stead. Put another QB out there to let him know that there's a limit to how many chances he gets to do a job he's very well paid to do.

-It's not perfect, but it sounds a lot better than this stay-the-course, apathetic bull**** to me.

For starters, how about introducing a little accountability?

Fitz has had two full seasons in Gailey's offense to get it right. If he overthrows a wide-open reciever on third down, or throws multiple INT's, someone should sit his @ss down. It doesn't matter who goes out there in his stead. Put another QB out there to let him know that there's a limit to how many chances he gets to do a job he's very well paid to do.

-It's not perfect, but it sounds a lot better than this stay-the-course, apathetic bull**** to me.

So the fact that the stay-the-course bull **** has us tied for first in the division after six games means...nothing...to you?

Riddle me this, did we win last Sunday...on the road...against a 4-1 team...with a very good defense...?

Why impose some ridiculous punitive measures that--quite literally--no team in the history of sports has every enforced? Seriously, do you understand confidence? Have you played sports before?

Benching a QB for poor performance is hardly a novel concept. Confidence? That's a good one lol. Fitz has to be just teeming with confidence right now, we surely don't want to disrupt the groove he's been in for the last 15 games.

I don't know why everyone is simply writing off Tarvaris Jackson. He's had more legitimate success in an NFL offense than Fitz has. Anyone who watches these games this year has to admit - Fitz doesn't look like an NFL QB. He simply cannot pass accurately enough to make throws a QB SHOULD NEVER MISS! And he misses throws like that often! Tarvaris Jackson might not have as good a grasp, pre-snap, of the offense, as Fitz has, but he's definitely going to be more accurate, and he'll immediately give our offense the possibility of passes in the 10-25 yard range - a range currently not taken seriously by our opposition.

I believe, at this time, that had we kept that Youtube sensation, and had we played him all along, that he'd be making better throws and having much better games by now than Fitz. Tanney? It's also my growing suspicion that BECAUSE the contract Fitz got, Ralph has made it clear (or Nix) that he's playing, to earn that money, unless his arm is falling off!

We need a new QB. Give Tarvaris a chance until we can go get a real QB. Nix should be held accountable for not having a legitimate option on this roster for 2 years, now.

So the fact that the stay-the-course bull **** has us tied for first in the division after six games means...nothing...to you?

Riddle me this, did we win last Sunday...on the road...against a 4-1 team...with a very good defense...?

Why impose some ridiculous punitive measures that--quite literally--no team in the history of sports has every enforced? Seriously, do you understand confidence? Have you played sports before?

I have played organized sports. I do understand confidence. I also understand denial.

Out of 14 total drives last Sunday, EIGHT resulted in punts, one resulted in a fumble, and one an INT (Brad smith). -Big confidence booster there huh?

Fitz went three-and-out in 3 of our 4 second quarter possessions. I know. -The guy was on fire. Let's move on.

Out of 7 drives in the second half, FOUR wound up being punts. All in all, Fitz was 18-32, averaging a staggering 4.8 YPC, and LIT IT UP for 153 yards.

Can't say which I find more laughable. The fact that Gailey thinks we can win our division like that, OR the fact that you do too! :lol:

I offer a truce: I'll continue to reject the stay-the-course mentality, and you continue to think that beating two 1-5 teams, and an arena-league kicker is actually something to build on. :thumbsup:

Edited by #34fan

I can't understand this thread. Do people really think honestly that Fitz is a QB that is going to win the Bills a bunch of games this year? Really? Why would they not give Jackson at least the opportunity What they hell did they trade for him?

@ The Big Cat so 3 and 3 is acceptable? Do you really I mean honestly think that Fitz is going to lead us anywhere? Maybe a couple of more wins. Personally I would rather them try something rather than do nothing and continue the stay this "course" attitude . You asked a bunch of times what would you do? I can't see moving from Fitz to Jackson be a downgrade.I get it though you started with something you have to finish it. That is a loser mentality that has the Bills as the team with the longest playoff drought in the league. What did grandma say? An ouch of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

What Big Cat is saying is he knows Fitz has not been good, but right now we dont have any other options. Tyler Thigpen is a downgrade, while Tavaris Jackson is a lateral move generating the same results.

We are all in agreement that the QB needs to be addressed next year, but like big cat said, "Right now, it's not next year"

This, and a little further - I think most of us are in agreement that the Bills should have drafted a backup QB/developmental prospect with a draft choice that matters (1-5 round), sometime in the last 2 years - regardless of how Fitz was doing or long-term plans involving Fitz, just as a good practice and a "Plan B". But they didn't. I think Nix genuinely thought VY would work out as a "Plan B". But he didn't.

So we can jaw all day about "shoulda, coulda" but here we are, right here, right now and what are we gonna do about it NOW?

Edited by Hopeful

I can't understand this thread. Do people really think honestly that Fitz is a QB that is going to win the Bills a bunch of games this year? Really? Why would they not give Jackson at least the opportunity What they hell did they trade for him?

@ The Big Cat so 3 and 3 is acceptable? Do you really I mean honestly think that Fitz is going to lead us anywhere? Maybe a couple of more wins. Personally I would rather them try something rather than do nothing and continue the stay this "course" attitude . You asked a bunch of times what would you do? I can't see moving from Fitz to Jackson be a downgrade.I get it though you started with something you have to finish it. That is a loser mentality that has the Bills as the team with the longest playoff drought in the league. What did grandma say? An ouch of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

You are no different that anybody else clamoring for TJ, a lateral move at best. TJ is not an upgrade, ever seen him play? He is just different than what is there now and that is what this all really boils down to. You want a change at QB, no matter if it is better, worse or indifferent.

Unfortunately Fitz is the QB for this year so no amount of hate and complaining is going to change that. 3-3, it could be worse. I don't think it could be better as the defense is at fault way way more than the QB is.

I can't understand this thread. Do people really think honestly that Fitz is a QB that is going to win the Bills a bunch of games this year? Really?

My answer:

1) not if our D continues as it played v Jets, NE, 49ers. But few QB could win a bunch of games with that kind of a D

2) not if our game calling continues as v Jets, NE, 49ers. Chan has designed a pass-centric O that is not compatible with the best talents of our team (RB, OL, and IMO FB)

3) maybe - if he's truly a streaky QB and he somehow reverts to where he was to start the season last year, when he actually could and did win games with his arm (he has not shown that level of play this year)

Why would they not give Jackson at least the opportunity What they hell did they trade for him?

This is one of LIfe's Great Mysteries. Great question. Got no good answer. TJax was a mid-pack QB last year, about the same as Fitz (fewer TDs and fewer INTs). If he plays as he did last year, he is an upgrade from Fitz, who has regressed from how he played last year. But TJax has (I think) always been a QB in a WC type offense, and Sea is a power-run kinda team. Would he do better or worse than Fitz in Chan's pass-happy version of Erhard-Perkins? Dunno.

Why not try? The obvious answers are:

1) Chan still hoping Fitz will "snap out of it" and go back to the 1st 7 games of last year

2) They mis-evaluated TJax ability to master up the offense quickly, and Chan is unwilling to design an offense he could run at this time.

I have played organized sports. I do understand confidence. I also understand denial.

Out of 14 total drives last Sunday, EIGHT resulted in punts, one resulted in a fumble, and one an INT (Brad smith). -Big confidence booster there huh?

Fitz went three-and-out in 3 of our 4 second quarter possessions. I know. -The guy was on fire. Let's move on.

Out of 7 drives in the second half, FOUR wound up being punts. All in all, Fitz was 18-32, averaging a staggering 4.8 YPC, and LIT IT UP for 153 yards.

Can't say which I find more laughable. The fact that Gailey thinks we can win our division like that, OR the fact that you do too! :lol:

I offer a truce: I'll continue to reject the stay-the-course mentality, and you continue to think that beating two 1-5 teams, and an arena-league kicker is actually something to build on. :thumbsup:

Yep you are right, let's hammer the QB for winningthe game. Only Bills fans. Fitz beat a 4-1 team with a decent defense on the road, didn't turn the ball over, managed the team to a win despite his coach doing everything in his power to lose the game, and all you want to do is rag on him because he wasn't perfect and had some 3 and outs, or his ypc was low. OMFG what's next?

So we can jaw all day about "shoulda, coulda" but here we are, right here, right now and what are we gonna do about it NOW?

You can do what a few posters have just said - if Fitz stinks up the joint bring in our backup - your pick, Thigpen or Jackson. And trust me, I am not carrying a torch for either of those guys. But if a guy throws 3 picks in a half and can't hit the broadside of a barn - switching to T.J. is not a "lateral" move.

When we are getting drubbed by 35+ points by the Jets or 49ers, why keep Fitz in there? Does Chan think he needs reps?

If Fitz plays a terrible game like the Arizona one and it's close, fine, leave him in and let's see how it plays out. But when he starts falling apart (Jets game) he has to come out.

I've been a Bills fan my ENTIRE life - as far back as 6 years old I remember watching games on a small 19" black and white tv. I've lamented the fact the Bills, this past decade plus, have been the most average, mundane franchise in the NFL - but never bad enough to get a chance at a real franchise QB. Never good enough, and never bad enough. As far as this season goes, I feel the same as ever - if you're not going to be a serious contender, then spend the year developing talent that is too young to otherwise get a shot. See what you have. Especially as poorly as our team has done in evaluating talent, they need the game footage to know, for instance, as an example, that Spiller is better than Jackson...

When it comes to keeping Fitz in, I thought for the better part of a year that it was stubbornness, on Gailey's part. Now, though, these past two weeks, I've begun to suspect there is a rule in Buffalo: if a player is paid top dollars, that player is not riding the bench - unless he cannot play (meaning, minor injuries are no excuse for not playing). It would explain Mario Williams and Fitzpatrick's playing DESPITE continually TELLING reporters they're HURT!!!

I don't know - it's really the only excuse that, for me, makes Gailey's performance acceptable. If he CANT make those kinds of decisions, then it only further justifies why some more prominent HC's won't entertain the idea of coming to Buffalo. That kind of thing, really - and, I mean the intervention in H.C.'s job by ownership - makes it really hard to control and coach a team. Look at the history in Dallas of late. Washington before Shannahan. Bills - some of the head scratching moves they've made - how many of them, behind closed doors, were on account of Ralph or Overdorf, or some of the top men? I recall recently Marcelus Wiley said something to that effect - that Wilson intervened and made the coaches play Rob Johnson in the playoff game instead of Flutie.

Edited by sllib olaffub

Yep you are right, let's hammer the QB for winning the game. Only Bills fans. Fitz beat a 4-1 team with a decent defense on the road, didn't turn the ball over, managed the team to a win despite his coach doing everything in his power to lose the game, and all you want to do is rag on him because he wasn't perfect and had some 3 and outs, or his ypc was low. OMFG what's next?

He did no such thing, that's ridiculous. I don't see how anyone who watched the game could say that. We won that game in spite of Fitz, he was like a boat anchor dragging the offense down. Thank God for Spiller. Fitz was so bad we had to try passing deep out of the Wildcat.

I just got done watching the coaches tape thing from NFL.com. The most painful part of the game was after they nailed the 61 yard FG. Fitz took a sack and that was it - Gailey had no faith in him converting a 2nd and 15, so we helplessly had to run the ball into the line while they burned 2 timeouts. Think about that. Our coaches thought the odds of Fitz throwing a pick in that situation was greater than him getting a first down. And as terrible as it looked on TV, it actually worked somehow.

He did no such thing, that's ridiculous. I don't see how anyone who watched the game could say that. We won that game in spite of Fitz, he was like a boat anchor dragging the offense down. Thank God for Spiller. Fitz was so bad we had to try passing deep out of the Wildcat.

I just got done watching the coaches tape thing from NFL.com. The most painful part of the game was after they nailed the 61 yard FG. Fitz took a sack and that was it - Gailey had no faith in him converting a 2nd and 15, so we helplessly had to run the ball into the line while they burned 2 timeouts. Think about that. Our coaches thought the odds of Fitz throwing a pick in that situation was greater than him getting a first down. And as terrible as it looked on TV, it actually worked somehow.

So now the guy wins a game and he doesn't even get credit for that! Wow!

All any detractors could say was his w-l record is horrible, now he wins and gets zero credit, OMFG what's next? He was the QB on the winning team right?

So now the guy wins a game and he doesn't even get credit for that! Wow!

All any detractors could say was his w-l record is horrible, now he wins and gets zero credit, OMFG what's next? He was the QB on the winning team right?

Oh, I think his detractors are saying alot more than that. Perhaps whatever you're huffing has impaired your reading comprehension.

Feely, Kolb, and Skelton did more to help us win than Fitz did. -Not to mention Byrd and Spiller. But you're right. Fitz is listed as a Quarterback on the team that won. :lol:

Edited by #34fan