Eagles Fire DC Juan Castillo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@SI_PeterKing

Wow. Eagles fire Juan Castillo.

Wanny survived after two embarrassing weeks. Guess there's some level of accountability in Philadelphia or maybe Reid is scapegoating.

Try both. Castillo was appointed the DC last year with no prior DC experience. Far cry from the situation in Buffalo.

Difference between a winning and losing organization...

Not really. The guy was an offensive coach for well over a decade....was appointed D coordinator by Reid before last season though he had no coaching experience on that side of the ball. They had a terrible year last year and 'everyone' was calling for the guy's head last year. Reid kept him despite criticism from many directions....only to create mid season chaos by firing him this year.

If Philly was 'different' in this scenario, the guy would have been canned immediately after last year. In fact, this was handled in a very "Buffalo" like manner.... :bag:

winning organization? lol. They have arguably the worst QB ever.... and... they've won... nothing.... ever.

Some of you are derp derp derp woo woo zing zing ow ow bang bang whoopidy doo crazyyyyyyyyyyy

Edited by markgbe

winning organization? lol. They have arguably the worst QB ever.... and... they've won... nothing.... ever.

Some of you are derp derp derp woo woo zing zing ow ow bang bang whoopidy doo crazyyyyyyyyyyy

Then I guess the 90's Bills teams sucked because they never won the "anything" (Super Bowl). My comment was intended to point out that over the past decade they probably have a decent winning percentage as compared to the Bills... Mr. derp derp

I guess thats what happen when you hire an O line coach to be a D-coordinator. You mean that didnt work? Shocking!

Um see Bills QB's the past 10 years?

it never occured to me that Juan Castillo was the reason Mike Vick couldn't hold onto the ball. I always thought Vick's Fumblitis was George W Bush's fault

That is my initial thought as well. Is the D the main issue here when Vick is handing over the ball like candy from a van?

You forgot you're a Bills fan, worst QB ever? Apparently the second half of your crazy statement was meant only for you my friend.. They've seen the playoffs in this decade, when have we! Apparently you were addressing this to the Bills..

Reminds me of Jauron canning the Turk. Desperate to keep the head coaching job.

That being said, the Eagles should have beaten the Lions. The Lions employ a near identical version of the Wide/9. The offense should have known how to beat it. The defense should have mixed things up a bit since Stafford practices against that D every week and knows what's coming.