If you were Chan, what would you do to get the team's head on stra

calbear

Practice against UNLV? Get Tony Robbins in the locker room? Send the team by helicopter into the bottom of the Grand Canyon and make them hike out?

What would you do to try to build some sense of team pride and return a collectively-positive attitude to the field?

Practice against UNLV? Get Tony Robbins in the locker room? Send the team by helicopter into the bottom of the Grand Canyon and make them hike out?

What would you do to try to build some sense of team pride and return a collectively-positive attitude to the field?

Hookers and blow.

The team needs a vision to rally around, even if it's an illusion. They need to believe that Chan has the maps to lead them out of this mess, which is why he can't go to the press conferences and constantly say that he doesn't know what happened or what to do but will try to figure it out. That doesn't inspire confidence.

He needs to guess if he doesn't know and then act like he's SURE that's the way to improve (kind of like Buddy Nix does). The resulting increase in team focus and confidence will lead to some improvement even if he proves to be wrong.

I would sit down with each and every member of the Defense in 1on 1 meetings. Look into their eyes and ask them if they want to win? Because judging by their play they don't seem to want to win.

1 on 1 with who? I suspect there may be some lack of confidence and respect with the coaches. Which obviously is then part of the problem.

Then again if this truly is a "team" the criticism could go both ways in such a meeting.

Get er done Nix

Bench who ever missed the most tackles and chandler for fumbling and arbiitrarily cut some stater. Call out mario on effort and put him on special teams. Put fitz on notice he will lose his job if his qb rating vs az is less than 100.

If these guys aren't passionate enough to want a win and just consider this a job, put them on notice their job is on the line.

They can string together any cast of free agents to achieve the last 2 weeks results.

1 on 1 with who? I suspect there may be some lack of confidence and respect with the coaches. Which obviously is then part of the problem.

Then again if this truly is a "team" the criticism could go both ways in such a meeting.

Get er done Nix

"If you were Chan" . . .

CHan 1 on 1 with the players.

yes a 1 on 1 assumes you can hear the player out.

This is past the point of bravado and faux confidence. Chan needs to know who is really in it and committed and who is along for the ride.

If the players lost confidence in Wanny's scheme that needs to come out to.

Hookers and blow.

Thats correct Tom. You obviously have a bit of insight into these matters. I would suggest that the Team would need proffesionals to watch over the "therapy".

Along with you i consider myself a serious candidate for this vast undertaking. My resume is forthcoming.

W

why so serious is close.

Lie detector tests given by scared straight inmates in the grand canyon sounds like great addition to getting the team back on track too.

go bills!

"If you were Chan" . . .

CHan 1 on 1 with the players.

yes a 1 on 1 assumes you can hear the player out.

This is past the point of bravado and faux confidence. Chan needs to know who is really in it and committed and who is along for the ride.

If the players lost confidence in Wanny's scheme that needs to come out to.

yes sir. Exactly. :thumbsup:

"Hookers and Blow" is as good an answer as any I have heard. A chemically-induced false confidence, and a propped up of feeling of sexual prowess and desirability can go a long way, and I'm sure it has worked for some other teams. Really.

Think Lawrence Taylor.

It could turn Fitzpatrick into David Lee Roth.,

Edited by Geno Smith's Arm

Bench who ever missed the most tackles and chandler for fumbling and arbiitrarily cut some stater. Call out mario on effort and put him on special teams. Put fitz on notice he will lose his job if his qb rating vs az is less than 100.

If these guys aren't passionate enough to want a win and just consider this a job, put them on notice their job is on the line.

They can string together any cast of free agents to achieve the last 2 weeks results.

He cut Moorman - maybe that was Chan sending a "message" to the team. What joke.

He cut Moorman - maybe that was Chan sending a "message" to the team. What joke.

This is what Jimmie Johnson used to do. He'd find some practice squad or 3rd string guy asleep in a meeting and cut them. No word if Alvin Harper or Michael ever fell asleep in meetings after a rough night at the white house.

Anyone who screws up puts their numbers in a hat. Draw 1 number from the hat. Cut the player who's number was selected.

That would add an element of accountability, fear and randomness. Sure it would kill morale but I don't think it can get much worse that it already is.

But seriously players need to be held accountable and need to play with some type of desire and motivation

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Anyone who screws up puts their numbers in a hat. Draw 1 number from the hat. Cut the player who's number was selected.

That would add an element of accountability, fear and randomness. Sure it would kill morale but I don't think it can get much worse that it already is.

But seriously players need to be held accountable and need to play with some type of desire and motivation

That's not fair, there would be guys stuffing the hat with their number. Do you really think lots of these guys wouldn't rather play somewhere else? Do you really think Mario Williams wouldn't mind being a free agent again?