VERY weak fan base in here....

What sets this apart is that we bought in, and drank the "3 Year Plan" kool-aide. We bought the hype this off season. We rejoiced as Ralph Wilson finally opened up his wallet, and put what we were asked to believe were the final pieces into place. We were told our loyalty was finally being rewarded.

Not everyone bought in completely. A lot, like myself, thought that the offense would be mediocre to bad this season. And that's what they have been. They do OK against the bottom feeder defenses, but against anything decent they fold like a cheap suit,.

But I don't think anyone, and I mean anyone who follows football at all, thought that with Wanny as DC and the off season acquisitions that the Bills defense could possibly be this horrifically bad 5 games into the season. I mean an Alex Smith led offense broke an ALL TIME NFL RECORD for Christs sake (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/07/san-francisco-49ers-nfl-record-300-yards/1619289/). Not that Alex Smith is terrible, but come on! I certainly did not expect the Bills defense to be this bad. We can only hope that somehow Wanny and his boys figure something out and get their heads out of their butts before this Sunday or it could prove to be almost as bad as yesterday.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't let the door hit you whiny, bitchy, fair weather, lousy, ex Bills fans. Go whine elsewhere

How can you even accuse fans that have stuck around to this point of anything in your post? Fair weather? If the last 15 years are fair weather, I would hate to see a cold front come through.

Look, I don't want the Bills to move. What if what some of the "trolls" on here are saying about underperforming in order to desensitize the fan base to a move is true? I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but if that is the case I would rather them move the team.

Not everyone bought in completely. A lot, like myself, thought that the offense would be mediocre to bad this season. And that's what they have been. They do OK against the bottom feeder defenses, but against anything decent they fold like a cheap suit,.

But I don't think anyone, and I mean anyone who follows football at all, thought that with Wanny as DC and the off season acquisitions that the Bills defense could possibly be this horrifically bad 5 games into the season. I mean an Alex Smith led offense broke an ALL TIME NFL RECORD for Christs sake (http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/07/san-francisco-49ers-nfl-record-300-yards/1619289/). Not that Alex Smith is terrible, but come on! I certainly did not expect the Bills defense to be this bad. We can only hope that somehow Wanny and his boys figure something out and get their heads out of their butts before this Sunday or it could prove to be almost as bad as yesterday.

How could anyone possibly have expected them to be the worst defense of all time? I still can't wrap my head around it.

Reading some of the posts and topics calling for the Bills to pack it up and move. Are u people serious? Im just as mad as anyone else with Buffalo's losing ways, poor coaching and Ralphs hiring that are a disater. But really at the end of the day guys, do you really want to see 30 Mayflower trucks in Ralph Wilson parking lot packing it up.

I hope it gets better, because the people who deserve a winning team the most are the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

Love em or leave em.... New England is looking for a few good fans!

This post is not directed at everyone, just some of the morons on here.

It's fans like you that deserve this since you give the team/org what it wants w/o any accountability.

Football's a business first and foremost, and we are part of the equation and one side of the bargaining table.

As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Crackpot theory: It's the OJ Curse. When's the last time the Bills WON a playoff game? 1995. Who was acquitted of double murder in 1995? OJ. Take his name off the wall and the curse shall be lifted. Ralph is cheap theory: Gailey and Nix. Minimum wage, Nobody else wanted them, nobody else would come here, off the scrap heap hires. Much like Jauron/GM Levy/Williams/Mularkey/Donahoe. How anyone could be optimistic after the last two weeks, well, you just might be delusional. It won't turn around until there are top quality people in the FO and on the sideline. Decade plus of bad coaching, bad free agent signings, bad trades, bad QB's,just bad everything, What they should do is whomever is in charge of this organization is give Bill Polian a call and see if he has 4-5 years left in him to be a GM again and then I'd be waiting outside the MNF booth tonight with a blank check for Chucky to coach these bums. Worst 6 quarters in the entire HISTORY of the NFL. That's beyond pathetic, especially since we all bought the fact that the $250 million or whatever it was that was spent on a D-Line was supposed to give us one of the best defenses in the NFL this year, instead it's the worst and the worst of all-time over the last two games.

Crackpot theory: It's the OJ Curse. When's the last time the Bills WON a playoff game? 1995. Who was acquitted of double murder in 1995? OJ. Take his name off the wall and the curse shall be lifted. Ralph is cheap theory: Gailey and Nix. Minimum wage, Nobody else wanted them, nobody else would come here, off the scrap heap hires. Much like Jauron/GM Levy/Williams/Mularkey/Donahoe. How anyone could be optimistic after the last two weeks, well, you just might be delusional. It won't turn around until there are top quality people in the FO and on the sideline. Decade plus of bad coaching, bad free agent signings, bad trades, bad QB's,just bad everything, What they should do is whomever is in charge of this organization is give Bill Polian a call and see if he has 4-5 years left in him to be a GM again and then I'd be waiting outside the MNF booth tonight with a blank check for Chucky to coach these bums. Worst 6 quarters in the entire HISTORY of the NFL. That's beyond pathetic, especially since we all bought the fact that the $250 million or whatever it was that was spent on a D-Line was supposed to give us one of the best defenses in the NFL this year, instead it's the worst and the worst of all-time over the last two games.

I actually attribute it to The Curse of Pete Gogolak - whom the Giants signed away from us after the 1965 AFL Championship. To this day, Gogolak remains the Giants all-time leading scorer, while the Bills haven't won a league title since...

Link - Gogolak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwdz4doxU8

I continue to maintain that the only way to exorcise that demon is for Buffalo to steal a former Cornell player back from the Giants.

(Kevin Boothe seems to be playing well and, lo and behold, all of a sudden we have a depth problem at the guard position - unfortunately the Bills FO did not heed my calls to sign Boothe when we was a free agent!!!)

I am one of the most optimistic, look-for-the-silver-lining guys around, but I've finally come to the realization I'm wasting my time -- and furthermore, the Bills don't deserve my support for the product they've put on the field.

This X's 1000000.....whats there to be a fan of exactly....the absolute garbage we've seenfor going on 13 yrs?.....enough.

I would like ot know how many people are like myself on this board. I moved away in 1988 and still love the team. At this point whether they continue to exist or whether the city of Buffalo thrives or not means very little to me. I'm never moving back. I have kids in school who will be playing HS sports soon and then will be in college. The college game is more entertaining than the NFL even with the difference in talent level. 80% of the teams in the NFL are unwatchable. 80% of the teams in college are unwatchable but that still leaves almost 30 or 40 schools that will be on TV. There are no "local" game TV rules so we always get the best game.

But most of all the apathy comes from the fact we have an owner that will be gone soon and then the team will be auctioned to the highest bidder. There is only a minimal chance the team stays in Buffalo. It is very difficult to keep up the passion for a team 2500 miles away, 12 years of no playoffs, and no future.

Wow. Just wow. With 11 regular season games to be played, I cannot fathom such despondancy.

No doubt folks are in much better spirits after a win, but I can only surmise that the near-suicidal tendencies being displayed after consecutive, embarrassing, blow-out losses just reinforces how passionate Bills' fans are about their team.

Sure, we sucked the last two weeks - and sure, we not only sucked...we sucked really, really bad - but I am of the strong opinion that this board will have a completely different tone next Monday.

Possible QB questions for the Cardinals (Skeleton is healthy and practicing) - plus facing "the lowly Bills", at home, after a long week, with the idea of traveling to Minnesota to face the Viking the following week looming in the back their minds - all could add up to a stunning upset by the Bills.

I'm thinking that a week back in his home town helps Fitz get his head screwed back on straight...

Buffalo Bills - 58

Arizona Cardinals - 0

As for any talk of relocation, the Buffalo Bills will be playing their home games here in WNY long after we are all food for worms.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

16 and 3 baby!!!!! :beer:

You're obviously delusional. No way the Bills beat Arizona next Sunday. As for the 11 regular season games remaining, please don't remind me. Although we have been historically bad the past two weeks, I believe we have not seen the worst of it yet.

It's fans like you that deserve this since you give the team/org what it wants w/o any accountability.

Football's a business first and foremost, and we are part of the equation and one side of the bargaining table.

As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.

And what do you think the new owner is going to think when he sees the Bills have been making less money than any other team when he takes over?

I don't think he's going to say 'lets invest extra cash out of my pocket to make this team better' He is far more likely to say 'the fans aren't supporting this team, the area is economically depressed, lets move it down the street.'

Having lived in Baltimore the last thirteen years and spent plenty of time with folks scarred by the Colts move, and seeing the other side of the browns to Baltimore move - you don't really want to be the franchise that can't make money. On the other hand despite having widely reviled ownership and in the past lots of fans saying the owner must go before the team succeeds the Orioles are in the playoffs this year. They got the right manager and some of the right players.

Would I (or any of us on this board) want the Bills to be better - heck yes. Do I think staying away from supporting the team (financially) is the way to get them to win games - heck no.

This isn't a toddler who needs to be taught a lesson by us saying 'if you don't win, we're not going to give you any candy($)". It's a business that knows a Bills Super Bowl ring would mean increasing endorsements, sales of tickets and other parephernalia etc.

Getting there on the other hand isn't a given.

You can argue about who they've chosen to invest in, in the last year but contracts for Williams, Anderson, Johnson, Jackson and Fitzpatrick aren't exactly being too cheap.

Reading some of the posts and topics calling for the Bills to pack it up and move. Are u people serious? Im just as mad as anyone else with Buffalo's losing ways, poor coaching and Ralphs hiring that are a disater. But really at the end of the day guys, do you really want to see 30 Mayflower trucks in Ralph Wilson parking lot packing it up.

I hope it gets better, because the people who deserve a winning team the most are the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

Careful, I got a warning for calling out the id____s on this board. Did anyone seriously pencil in wins against the Pats and 49ers??? Seriously??? Didn't think so.

Careful, I got a warning for calling out the id____s on this board. Did anyone seriously pencil in wins against the Pats and 49ers??? Seriously??? Didn't think so.

Go back in time a few pages to last week. Some sincerely thought the Bills would beat SF. Not a lot I don't think, but some.

"Make Alex Smith beat us" was one of the ways the Bills were to win. Oy vey.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Speaking of morons...look at the mirror

It is not easy to be critical of your favorite team...and it is also not easy to cheer for a team including ownership and execs who seem to care less about the team than the fans,

We are not talking about a team that lost a few games, but a systemicly ineffective organization who show little ability or concern over years of the fans giving them hard earned dollars. If you were a fan of a particular car brand, how long would you deal with the dealership that could not provide you with basic opportunity to repair that car....

I may always be a Bills fan...but not proud of it, and with no visible sign of support for them.

OK...But if this post is not directed at everyone...Just some morons...Then why does the tile say "Very Weak Fan Base in here..." Instead of, "A very few weak fans in here..."

Are you a drama major? ;)

And seriously...This a freaking public message board...There are always a few morons on most every topic, ever, in the history of message boards...Do you not understand the art (bad word) of trolling?

Or, have you already mastered it?...

Kidding...GO BILLS... B-)

I want the Bills to move to LA because I live in LA and have no personal connection to the city of Buffalo...no wins or losses will influence that stance, I just love the Bills and would love to buy season tickets without having to move to Buffalo. At the same time, I totally understand people from Buffalo hate that idea, and they should, because I would hate it if they were in LA and talking about moving to Buffalo. I on the other hand I would also NEVER wish them to leave the city I am in because they suck again, I would want them here at all times, so I don't understand why supposed hard core fans from Buffalo are now jumping up and down and yelling for them to move to LA (although, I personally would love that, but for my own selfish reasons that puts me in like less than 1% group of Bills fans who actually live in LA and have no personal connection to Buffalo).

My god!!

STOP BUYING TICKETS!!

This franchise operates the same as the Maple Leafs. Ownership can care less what value the product provides to the consumer, as long as the consumer keeps buying it. Until or unless the stadium is half full on opening day, this ownership will continue to provide a severly degraded product.

"oooh, but then they'll move the team."

So f**ckin what? Call their bluff. Tell them you're mad as hell and wont take it anymore. Get off the crack cocaine that is this team. Find something else to do on Sunday. How hard can it be? Fine, watch them on TV if you must. But stop throwing away good money until you start getting some value in return. These guys aren't dummies. They keep prices low so they can always have a fresh supply of saps. The day will come when you cant get in the buliding for less than $100 a ticket. Then what?

And if I read one more post about how we have a powderpuff scheduled the rest of the way...I'll go f"n nuts. WE are the team that every other lame team is going to beat, not the other way around.