Was Vince Young that bad?

Excuse me for asking this but I didnt see any of the Bills preseason games. Was Vince Young so absolutely horrible that he could not even make the backup? We dont have any go to guy when Fitz sh$ts the bed. And Fitz has being pretty horrendous in our losses. I mean really what plan B does Chan have when Fitz throws up a stinker like hes been doing. Why didnt they give Young a chance to be backup. How bad was he?

Edited by Livinginthepast

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the feeling young knew Chan and his plan stunk. And fitz was just a part of it. On one hand he needed the money, but on the other I think he was relieved to get away from this mess.

It's difficult to say with certainty, but this might just be your most asinine post ever.

Not sure if Vince was that bad but there is a bit of cronyism about the players that Chan keeps. Thigpen and Choice are clear examples of where he has weighted past relationships over talent. Wannstedt is an example of this as well. Vince probably was not the answer but he was the only QB on our squad that has put together a winning season and he was better than Thigpen in the preseason. Don't want to discard the season yet but I get the feeling that it's time for the Gailey / Nix experiment to end.

Edited by VADC Bills

I see this as a mental problem with the Bills. We let Young go way to fast. Some of the older Bills played against Vince Young in college and I am sure he was viewed by many players as an upgrade.

Nice Thread

With an acidic comment like that to a guy merely expressing his opinion in a non-controversial way, you should consider issuing yourself a warning

Acidic comments are fine, no name calling involved.

Do you really believe what you posted? If not then why post it?

Acidic comments are fine, no name calling involved.

Do you really believe what you posted? If not then why post it?

Uh yeah its my opinion I posted it.

It's difficult to say with certainty, but this might just be your most asinine question ever. (Now that I have clearance that's not considered name calling ) :)

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

gotta side with beer here..............VY needs money desperately...............I am sure he would sit and hold the clipboard for 2 mil............but he chose not to because he is not a "Yes man"........thats a far fetched scenario Joe

everyone is depressed.....Fitz and Wanny have nosedived another promising season.....don't think VY walked away from 2 mil though

gotta side with beer here..............VY needs money desperately...............I am sure he would sit and hold the clipboard for 2 mil............but he chose not to because he is not a "Yes man"........thats a far fetched scenario Joe

everyone is depressed.....Fitz and Wanny have nosedived another promising season.....don't think VY walked away from 2 mil though

Well then you're reading a lot more into my comment than is there. Never said he "chose to" leave only he had mixed feelings, that there was an element of relief too. People get let go from jobs all the time and end up saying to themselves "you know as bad as that hurts me financially, they did me a favor. That place is miserable and I didn't buy into their plan anyway. I'll find a way to survive. " I think the athlete in him was still a greater factor than the pragmatic domestic finance guy. That said I'm sure he'd still be here if they hadn't cut him too.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I am also siding with beer and ryan on this one. Positing that Vince Young was happy to get be unemployed because of the Bills situation is patently absurd considering the well documented financial problems that VY is currently facing.

I am also siding with beer and ryan on this one. Positing that Vince Young was happy to get be unemployed because of the Bills situation is patently absurd considering the well documented financial problems that VY is currently facing.

OK another blatant misquote/misinterpretation. It's difficult to say with certainty, but these might just be the most asinine series of mistaken posts ever.:)

OK another blatant misquote/misinterpretation. It's difficult to say with certainty, but these might just be the most asinine series of mistaken posts ever.:)

come on... yea he might have pulled the "im better off without them...." to help him sleep at night. but im pretty certain that you and i both know that only gets you so far when you have a very specific skill set (nfl qb) and no job offers on the horizon.

he is not better off without a job right now. if he misses this whole season, he may be done for good.

come on... yea he might have pulled the "im better off without them...." to help him sleep at night. but im pretty certain that you and i both know that only gets you so far when you have a very specific skill set (nfl qb) and no job offers on the horizon.

he is not better off without a job right now. if he misses this whole season, he may be done for good.

Who knows. But with his reported money problems what bills were paying him may not have kept him out of bankruptcy anyway. And btw people do seemingly irrational things all the time ... was it rational to you for OJ to kill his ex wife? Put at risk everything he had?

Anyway I'm not saying he asked to be cut nor was he happy. Last time now I'm saying there was an element of relief. He's looking at financial problems no matter and being in a miserable situation with a team and coach he didnt respect just added more cognitive dissonance. I sensed there was an element of relief when he was let go, even if it added to his financial problem. Maybe he accepted his football days were most likely over and its time to focus on his next chapter in life, whatever that is.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

it is fitz's fault for being a trash qb......jaws ranking him 30th was a little high.......

**only better than Cassell should be his rating**

all of this nonsense about learning Gailey's master book of plays is crap IMO

Fitz can't even learn it how is anyone else..................this whole situation makes me sick