Was Vince Young that bad?

Last time now I'm saying there was an element of relief. He's looking at financial problems no matter and being in a miserable situation with a team and coach he didnt respect just added more cognitive dissonance. I sensed there was an element of relief when he was let go, even if it added to his financial problem. Maybe he accepted his football days were most likely over and its time to focus on his next chapter in life, whatever that is.

So besides gracing this board with your football insights, you now offer your psychic insights into player mentality? Thats really cool.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me for asking this but I didnt see any of the Bills preseason games. Was Vince Young so absolutely horrible that he could even make the backup? We dont have any go to guy when Fitz sh$ts the bed. And Fitz has being pretty horrendous in our losses. I mean really what plan B does Chan have when Fitz throws up a stinker like hes been doing. Why didnt they give Young a chance to be backup. How bad was he?

I've heard some talk that it was more the baggage that Young may have been bringing with him that lead to the Bills letting him go , i guess he had had a lot of previous debt that he had that the courts were going after him for & that that could be a distraction from the game but after the last 2 weeks any distraction may be welcome !!!

it is fitz's fault for being a trash qb......jaws ranking him 30th was a little high.......

**only better than Cassell should be his rating**

all of this nonsense about learning Gailey's master book of plays is crap IMO

Fitz can't even learn it how is anyone else..................this whole situation makes me sick

Theres a huge difference between learning it/knowing it and being able to execute it successfully.

I'm Sure Fitz knows Chans master book of plays better then anyone, and would probably be able to master the most complecated playbooks in no time

I highly doubt he could execute those plays effectively enough to be anything more then a stop gap/mediocre starting QB or a backup...........

And to answer the original question, he wasn't horrible, but he really didn't offer much more then Thigpen outside of "potential" which was beaten out by experience that Thigpen has in the system

Edited by apuszczalowski

I had the feeling young knew Chan and his plan stunk. And fitz was just a part of it. On one hand he needed the money, but on the other I think he was relieved to get away from this mess.

Yeah, a guy in major debt who doesn't have a job currently is glad not to be employed by the Bills... :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that players view quarterbacks differently then fans? Vince Young was 31-19 as a starter and certainly a better option then Ryan Fitzpatrick. Do you really believe Vince Young would be ranked number 30 if he was the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills? How many rushing yards would Vince Young have and how many drives could have been saved with a scrambling quarterback?

According to Vince Young last tweet he was released by the Bills because creditors were at the Ralph looking for payment on loans. Maybe the fans should consider this may very well be true.

Some say he was released for throwing a few bad interceptions in preseason but even Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Ben Rothlenburger threw a few bad passes in preseason. Some Buffalo fans also claim he couldn't learn the playbook quickly enough. Maybe we should have considered building an offense around Vince Young NOT Ryan Fitzpatrick......just a thought. I am really tired of Buffalo's short passing game.What we really need is a longer passing game.

What ever happened to the Bills started in training camp, hence a blow out in NYC to one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Could be Separation anxiety and yet another bad decision by the Buffalo Bills. Vince Young should have been given the chance to compete for the starting job and it all seems very obvious now. All I know is I would feel much better heading into week #6 with Vince Young at quarterback.

Edited by HOUSE

Keep in mind that players view quarterbacks differently then fans? Vince Young was 31-19 as a starter and certainly a better option then Ryan Fitzpatrick. Do you really believe Vince Young would be ranked number 30 if he was the starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills?

House. That word. Certainly? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Wins and losses are team statistics. Ryan Fitzpatrick is low on the QB ranking right now because of interceptions.

What were Vince Young's statistics last year with the Iggles? Translated to a full season, how many interceptions would he have thrown?

Could we have a better QB? Yes. Is his name Vince Young or Tyler Thigpen? Almost certainly not. Could his name be TJax? Maybe, but he needs to be in the sort of offense that Fitz needs to be in to succeed. Capable of power-running, run first, focused on short high percentage passes. Chan doesn't seem capable of accepting or nurturing this.

Wins and losses are team statistics. Ryan Fitzpatrick is low on the QB ranking right now because of interceptions.

What were Vince Young's statistics last year with the Iggles? Translated to a full season, how many interceptions would he have thrown?

Could we have a better QB? Yes. Is his name Vince Young or Tyler Thigpen? Almost certainly not. Could his name be TJax? Maybe, but he needs to be in the sort of offense that Fitz needs to be in to succeed. Capable of power-running, run first, focused on short high percentage passes. Chan doesn't seem capable of accepting or nurturing this.

I guess we will never know how Vince Young could have played in Buffalo. I just bring this up as a possibility that the move may have hurt the team.

Chan is really starting to disappoint. Fire Wanny & bench Fitz already. Both moves are overdue unless we are really making a play for Gino Smith.

I am amazing at the lack of problem solving solutions. Seems like the Bills are throwing away the season. Beating crummy teams will get us nowhere.

Should we make the playoffs, this means Fitzpatrick is now the franchise quarterback.

Edited by HOUSE

Still spouting your same old crap. You cant "translate" VY's picks from a few games as backup and say "there that's what he would have done with a full season." Your "analysis" is just soooo pitiful. And with you having defended Fitz all preseason and attacking anyone who didn't, you really should crawl in a hole and not show your face around here. You have no way of knowing if VY or TT would "certainly not" be better than Fitz .... none, zero, nada. It's the wrong perspective anyway ... the right one of course is with how pitiful Fitz has been for a long time now dating to last season, he should have been benched and others ... VY, TT, whomever ... should have been given a fair chance. Now we're 5 games into another season and a complete mess at the position for staying with him. That's all that's known with "certainty"

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I guess we will never know how Vince Young could have played in Buffalo. I just bring this up as a possibility that the move may have hurt the team.

I'm not sure how it helped the team, in any event. If you have 3 QB and 2 are sitting on the bench, does it matter who they are?

I am amazing at the lack of problem solving solutions. Seems like the Bills are throwing away the season. Beating crummy teams will get us nowhere.

Should we make the playoffs, this means Fitzpatrick is now the franchise quarterback.

Unless something even more dramatic happens on D, if we make the playoffs, Fitz will deserve to be the franchise QB because it means he'll be putting up 40+ PPG, which is hard to do by running. With our current D that is what it will take - score on every possession.

I'm not sure how it helped the team, in any event. If you have 3 QB and 2 are sitting on the bench, does it matter who they are?

Unless something even more dramatic happens on D, if we make the playoffs, Fitz will deserve to be the franchise QB because it means he'll be putting up 40+ PPG, which is hard to do by running. With our current D that is what it will take - score on every possession.

Fair enough, I was hoping for an udgrade to Fitz and I am not looking forward to playing a top team with Fitzpatrick as QB

Excuse me for asking this but I didnt see any of the Bills preseason games. Was Vince Young so absolutely horrible that he could not even make the backup? We dont have any go to guy when Fitz sh$ts the bed. And Fitz has being pretty horrendous in our losses. I mean really what plan B does Chan have when Fitz throws up a stinker like hes been doing. Why didnt they give Young a chance to be backup. How bad was he?

Worse. Much, much worse. To say I almost fell out of may car on the interstate when I heard the Bills picked him up would not be an exaggeration. I live right here in tennessee, and know firsthand how incurably thick-headed the guy is. What is the hardest to figure out is when you see him throw a pass you wonder what on earth is bouncing around his empty cranium. My guess is when he runs it sounds a lot like a spray paint can that's mostly empty of paint.

Worse. Much, much worse. To say I almost fell out of may car on the interstate when I heard the Bills picked him up would not be an exaggeration. I live right here in tennessee, and know firsthand how incurably thick-headed the guy is. What is the hardest to figure out is when you see him throw a pass you wonder what on earth is bouncing around his empty cranium. My guess is when he runs it sounds a lot like a spray paint can that's mostly empty of paint.

Kind of reminds me of Fitz when he over throws wide WR's and some of the most bone head INTs of the 2012 season