1st Debate in Denver Tonight: Thoughts?

dayman

Romney crushed him. It was fairly obvious. Facts, body-language, fluidity of speech,....etc. He was superior throughout the debate. Romney now has some 'momentum' for the first time in a while..... with even MSM acknowledging his performance.

I think Joe Biden woke up with a huge knot in his stomach this morning. If Ryan can put on a Romney like performance (or if Biden simply is Biden) then the pendulum will have seriously swung in the direction of the challengers.

Which is why Obama won...he was, in front of a live TV audience, a "victim", which is the basis of his entire campaign. Better yet, he's a "victim" who demonstrated empathy to all the other victims out there. Romney's strong, focused performance was too his detriment, because ultimately a majority of the electorate isn't voting for a leader, they're electing a goddamned candy striper.

And some snuffleupagus on weck?

"Snuffelupagus." You idiot. Can't anyone spell on this board?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought....If you believe that Obama is a celebrity-driven, TMZ fan... If you buy the "self-image" thing about Obama...that we have heard, albeit, from ex-insider books, etc.

Then:

How much is Romney's "I have been in business 25 years, and I have no idea what you are talking about" line doing to that self-image Obama this morning?

If we believe the first thing...then the second thing has to be in Obama's head today, doesn't it?

If so, I'd be surprised if it doesn't stay in there for the duration. It wasn't a personal attack...so much as a..."Tax credits for moving jobs off-shore? WTF? You just don't know this stuff, do you"?

Reminds me of talking economics...with someone who talks finance and marketing...and calls it economics.

Which is why Obama won...he was, in front of a live TV audience, a "victim", which is the basis of his entire campaign. Better yet, he's a "victim" who demonstrated empathy to all the other victims out there. Romney's strong, focused performance was too his detriment, because ultimately a majority of the electorate isn't voting for a leader, they're electing a goddamned candy striper.

We'll send Kermit to the French.

Gonzo tartar.

Elmo on fire on a spit.

Ms Piggy in a blanket

http://muppet.wikia....._Snuffleupagus

But I agree, he wanted to come off as a victim and get the sympathy vote.

Edited by Gary M

Where do u get a sinking campaign at? I hope your not banking off the polls out there?

Okay...I am getting it from the same polls that, today, are showing Romney got a nice "bump" from his performance last night...should I not believe that either?

Okay...I am getting it from the same polls that, today, are showing Romney got a nice "bump" from his performance last night...should I not believe that either?

What is the breakdown? If its still dem+8, then no. Take Romneys "bump" and double it.

BO was bumbling last night. He clearly got crushed.

A couple thoughts: I'm wondering how Romney's domineering attitude toward Lehrer (who's too old for this role) played with the female voters?

Obama barely responded to so many openings. Romney basically said, "we'll give rainbows and ponies to everyone," without saying they will come flying out of his arse.

I won't be voting for either of these bozos.

BO was bumbling last night. He clearly got crushed.

A couple thoughts: I'm wondering how Romney's domineering attitude toward Lehrer (who's too old for this role) played with the female voters?

Obama barely responded to so many openings. Romney basically said, "we'll give rainbows and ponies to everyone," without saying they will come flying out of his arse.

I won't be voting for either of these bozos.

Which is what Obama did four years ago.

Where were the fact checkers then?

"Romney's domineering attitude toward Lehrer"?

:huh:

Obama walked all over Lehrer too. "Five seconds" followed by a 1:30 more from Obama ring a bell?

Lehrer did a piss-poor job at time management. I also hate how it's like the PDC instructs moderators to chime in with lines like "So, this is an issue where there's a clear difference?" as if people have been too stupid to follow along. I clearly remember Sheiffer doing this four years ago and have seen it in past debates. Do I ask the guy next to me in economy-class whether he's currently flying on an airplane too?

I did like how Lehrer allowed them to ask each other a question a couple of times, tho. This mod job was probably a tip of the hat to Lehrer, tho. This is likely his last run.

So Canadians have the right to vote in American elections?

sure, why not? in fact, there should be no borders, maybe just all countries, with reps, and then we have world elections to vote for a president... or maybe no president. each country gets a equal vote on legislation, we model it after our constitution... 3 branches, a bill of rights, etc..

but, it will never happen, and we will probably destroy ourselves in the process